Jets QB Situation

Cujo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Jets Fans to the "fans that have lost all hope for the season group."

You are now entitled to root for everyone to have fun, noone to get hurt, and also root for the team with the better outfits. Its refreshing to have no pressure :D

Honestly though thats a blow. I never thought Pennington was all that great, and he screamed overrated to me but he still was a solid QB, and without them this hurts.

I'm probably speaking out of pure frustration here, but since it seems as if Pennington is now "damaged goods", I think I'm gonna start rooting for a 1-15 season and the eventual #1 overall pick.

leinart.png

:D

Did I really see that Brooks Bollinger is starting against the Ravens on Sunday?

Okay, so I was at the Meadowlands to see him lead the J-E-T-S to a preseason come-from-behind victory over Eagle second-stringers in August of 2004 (can't believe I forgot to mention that one in the "greatest sporting events you've seen live" thread) ... but really ...

Brooks Bollinger?

Brooks Bolinger there is 3 0s in that name the Jets will have 4 os on teh scoreboard 1 for the 1st 1 for the 2nd 1 for the 3rd and 1 for the 4th and a bonus 0 for the Final.

Look, I'm no Jets fan, so be assured, this is an unbiased opinion.

Pennington to me always seemed a little overrated. Good accuracy, decent arm, product of a slow paced, short pass system. Never really took his game to the "next level". As much as a hate to say it, this may be a blessing in disguise for Jets fans. I think Bollinger is the real deal. This kid is a diamond in the rough. I remember watching him in Wisconsin and all I could think was this kid is going to make some team happy some day. He's got real good footwork, good vision, nice strong arm and does NOT get rattled under pressure. Obviously college is no where near the pro game, but that's stuff I just think translates well into the NFL. As a Pats fan, it pains me to say this, but I think they just hit gold.

Look, I'm no Jets fan, so be assured, this is an unbiased opinion.

Pennington to me always seemed a little overrated. Good accuracy, decent arm, product of a slow paced, short pass system. Never really took his game to the "next level". As much as a hate to say it, this may be a blessing in disguise for Jets fans. I think Bollinger is the real deal. This kid is a diamond in the rough. I remember watching him in Wisconsin and all I could think was this kid is going to make some team happy some day. He's got real good footwork, good vision, nice strong arm and does NOT get rattled under pressure. Obviously college is no where near the pro game, but that's stuff I just think translates well into the NFL. As a Pats fan, it pains me to say this, but I think they just hit gold.

You may be right. But who really knows? Let's face it, think about last season. How many people thought the Steelers were fluffed when Tommy Maddox went down?

Brooks Bolinger there is 3 0s in that name the Jets will have 4 os on teh scoreboard 1 for the 1st 1 for the 2nd 1 for the 3rd and 1 for the 4th and a bonus 0 for the Final.

Keep in mind they're playing the Ravens, who might be even more offensively challenged than the Jets...

Brooks Bollinger vs. Anthony Wright....let the suck-fest begin :)

Expect it to be a field goal kicking contest, folks :lol:

Keep in mind they're playing the Ravens, who might be even more offensively challenged than the Jets...

Hey now, Wright has as many TD passes as Peyton Manning right now (2) :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/AFC/QB...ar?&_1:col_1=11

Hey now, Wright has as many TD passes as Peyton Manning right now (2) :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/AFC/QB...ar?&_1:col_1=11

The funnier thing is that Peyton's lil bro has more than him AND Wright combined :lol:

Archived