Jets QB Situation

Cujo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Renaissance anybody??

allsoportvinnytestaverdenew.jpg

isn't he somewhere bagging groceries?

I think you've got Vinny confused with Browning Nagle.

As a fellow Jets fan all I have to say to the idea of Vinny From Elmont coming back...

HELL NO!

Plop, if it was between having an ancient Testaverde or an unproven Bollinger, I'll take my chances with Brooks.

It could be worse though....

The most ludicrous thing I heard was someone coming up with the idea of bring Neil "Rosie's A Better QB Than Me" O'Donnell back. If Bradway wants to do that, he might as well bring Rich Kotite back as well too...make it a true craptacular event! :)

This wouldn't be as bad if Fiedler didn't get hurt as well (and the word is it's at least 2 months, possibly the season for Jay as well...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat :) )

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Must be true, ESPN says so.

Funniest part of the article is the first sentence...

Just one day after apprising Vinny Testaverde in a telephone call that they would likely go in a different direction as they scramble to address a quarterback situation suddenly in crisis mode, the New York Jets on Tuesday reversed field and signed the veteran passer...
On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat :rolleyes:

1-15, here we come <_<

FANTASY TEAMS

Renaissance anybody??

As a fellow Jets fan all I have to say to the idea of Vinny From Elmont coming back...

HELL NO!

Plop, if it was between having an ancient Testaverde or an unproven Bollinger, I'll take my chances with Brooks.

The most ludicrous thing I heard was someone coming up with the idea of bring Neil "Rosie's A Better QB Than Me" O'Donnell back. If Bradway wants to do that, he might as well bring Rich Kotite back as well too...make it a true craptacular event! :)

This wouldn't be as bad if Fiedler didn't get hurt as well (and the word is it's at least 2 months, possibly the season for Jay as well...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat :) )

I called it!!! 1-15 here we come!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

6uXNWAo.png

No, you play Buffalo and Miami 2x.....

They could replace the Bills and Dolphins on the sched with U-Buffalo and FIU and STILL lose.

The O-line can't block for plop, meaning anyone with a halfway decent pass rush is gonna get after the QB...and well, Vinny makes Drew Bledsoe look like Michael Fluffing Vick in the mobility department.

Hard to get passes off when your QB is running for his fluffing life every down...

And if the O-line plays like it has, well, don't be looking to C-Mart to help there either...if they can't open holes for him, the run game's gonna be non-existant...meaning the D can drop more people back. Combine that with Vinny's uncanny ability to magically throw the ball to anyone wearing an opposing jersey (there's a reason why he earned the nickname "Intercept-a-verde" ) and you're looking at what any Jets fan would call their worst nightmare...

The D's OK, but it's not gonna do a lot of good when the O...

1-can't put points on the board

2-goes 3 and out all the time

or

3-coughs up the ball

Sorry for the pessimism, but I've seen this before with this team. Granted the last time something this disasterous happened (1999), the Jets managed to get to 8-8...but keep in mind who the coach was (some guy named Parcells, who's kinda good)...not that I don't like Herm..he's a nice guy and all...but, I don't really see this team getting to .500 (especially if he continually mis-manages crunch time clock situations)...

FANTASY TEAMS

Renaissance anybody??

HELL NO!

I called it!!! 1-15 here we come!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

[Monty Python]..and there was much rejoicing...Yaaay![/Monty Python] :)

Me thinks there's gonna be either a Matt Lineart or Vince Young jersey in my future :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Trust me Jets fans out there... you are MUCH better off with Bollinger. Brooks has potential.

But so did AJ Feeley :mad:

As a Phins fan, I've seen Fiedler play since Marino retired. It has been a very frustrating 4 years. Fiedler can't carry his big Dumbo ears let alone an offence. Keep in mind that he lost his starting job to Feeley last year.

I think it was a mistake to bring Vinny back. I would have tried to trade for Volek, or at least give a chance to someone younger who might have at least a bit of potential.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The following is an actual cell phone conversation from August, 1999. . .

YH: Hi, Dad, guess where I am right now.

DAD: Sounds like you're at the Rams game.

YH: Yeah, that's right. And guess what?

DAD: What?

YH: I'm watching Trent Green writhing in pain down on the field. He's been down there for about five minutes and this is really the first movement we've seen out of him in that time.

DAD: Oh :censored:, are you serious?

YH: Yes. It looks like the Kurt Warner era has begun for the Rams.

DAD: I thought Curt Warner was a running back. He's got to be 40 years old.

YH: Different Kurt Warner - apparently. This guy's white.

DAD: Oy.

YH: Yup, looks like this season's got Super Bowl written all over it.

You just never know . . . .

Trust me Jets fans out there... you are MUCH better off with Bollinger. Brooks has potential.

But so did AJ Feeley :mad:

As a Phins fan, I've seen Fiedler play since Marino retired. It has been a very frustrating 4 years. Fiedler can't carry his big Dumbo ears let alone an offence. Keep in mind that he lost his starting job to Feeley last year.

I think it was a mistake to bring Vinny back. I would have tried to trade for Volek, or at least give a chance to someone younger who might have at least a bit of potential.

Kind of have to disagree to a degree...

Fiedler's not that bad of a QB, IMO...he just suffered from three things in his Miami tenure..

1.--Following in the footsteps of a legend...hard to be the guy that replaces someone of Marino's stature (heck, the only time I can remember a guy doing just as well as the replacement of a legend was Steve Young with the Niners after they got rid of Montana)...case in point, look at Brian Griese's tenure in Denver after Elway rode off into the sunset...or Rob Johnson in Buffalo after Jim Kelly called it a day.

2.--That nasty injury bug that seemed to bite the 'Fins year in and year out...hard to do a whole heck of a lot when major components of the offensive attack are on the IR.

3 (and the most important thing)--Look who his coach was....sorry, but you cannot tell me that Dave Wannstedt is a good coach. He's a horrid coach to be honest, and his NFL record shows it. Heck, he's doing a pretty good job of ruining one of the more underrated QB/WR combos in the NCAA in Tyler Palko and Greg Lee this year at Pitt...they've gone from a BCS participant to an also ran that outside of ripping apart a D-IAA doormat in their last game, is just offensively challenged.

The idea of getting Volek (or Pat Ramsey from the Skins) was floated around, but my guess is that the Skins and Titans were asking for a LOT more than Bradway was willing to give up in return.

I do agree that bringing Vinny From Elmont back for 2nd tour of duty is a mistake though.

FANTASY TEAMS

As a University of Wisconsin graduate, I'd like to say that Brooks Bollinger is very capable of leading an NFL team to a good season.

I'd like to but I cannot.

He had an outstanding freshman year at Wisconsin, leading the Badgers to an outright Big Ten title. But for the Next three years he never got better, in fact I'd say he waned a bit.

Solid college QB. Better than average athlete at QB. Nowhere near the throwing ability.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm also rooting for Bollinger ... to lead us to a 0-13 finish and to bring us Mr. Leinart. If Brooks starts to win, we got the Vin-Man to lead us to the promised land.

I can just hear Mr. Tagliabue now ... "The New York Jets are now on the clock."

6uXNWAo.png

I'm no Jets fan, but I'm rooting for Bollinger. He was a high school star in Grand Forks, N.D., when I was going to UND. He was in the paper constantly, the local superstar.

I hope he does well. It's good to see North Dakotans getting some notoriety.

I played H.S. basketball against him. The Knights killed us, and so did every other team in the EDC.

2 wins in 2 years!! :woot:

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived