Which MLB cap logo ...

slats7

Good question!

The more I think about it, a lot of cap logos would look good. Better to list the ones that WOULDN'T look good.

NOT GOOD: Atlanta, Washington, Philadelphia; Chi. Cubs, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee; Los Angeles, Colorado; Baltimore, Boston, Tampa Bay; Detroit, Kansas City, Minnesota (the "TC" would be OK, but I wouldn't like the "m"); Oakland, Texas.

Other than the really simple, thin-lined monograms (St. Louis, Los Angeles), even relatively simple designs would look great. The Angels' "A" with a halo would look awesome, as would the D-Backs' "A" and Mariners' "S" with the compass. Graphic logos would work great, like the Jays' head or Chief Wahoo (I'm saying it would look OK on a football helmet; PLEASE don't turn this into a referendum on the political correctness of the logo - it's what the Indians use on their primary caps). And some of the more unique interlocking monograms (Giants, Padres, and I guess the White Sox may fall in here) would look great.

I smell a crossover concept contest for these...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I don't think many would... You would have to use their alternative logos...

The CUBS (white circle with red "Cubs") would work... It could have the same feel as the Steelers helmet.

Diamondbacks would work, though look like the SanAntonio Rattlers of Arena League I believe

Reds, obviously

TWINS, M logo only.... interlocking letters don't work with football.. this curved M works well with the curve of the helmet

Oakland... White Elephant would look sweet

Indians... "I" or Chief Wahoo would look cool

Marlins

New Jays

Astros

Why wouldn't all of them look good on helmets? They're simple and uncluttered. If the Bears Packers and Giants can use mimimal lettermarks on their helmets, there's no reason that any of the MLB cap logos wouldn't do the same.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

TWINS, M logo only.... interlocking letters don't work with football.. this curved M works well with the curve of the helmet

Uhh...I don't see anything wrong with North Carolina, Indiana, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Baylor, Houston, Auburn, or the old Mississippi State helmets?

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

You might want to check out some high school football helmets which are notorious for using pro team logos (more NFL and MLB than any) on their teams helmets.

For instance, and I can't find any pics, but there is a school in Alabama called Lowndes Academy which uses the Dodgers LA logo on their helmets.

I don't think many would... You would have to use their alternative logos...

The CUBS (white circle with red "Cubs") would work... It could have the same feel as the Steelers helmet.

Diamondbacks would work, though look like the SanAntonio Rattlers of Arena League I believe

Reds, obviously

Oakland... White Elephant would look sweet

Indians... "I" or Chief Wahoo would look cool

Marlins

New Jays

Astros

Itnerlocking letters don't work? Look at the pic of the school I went to HS at. It's not the best picture but it's decent. BTW...this pic is from the game where Tuscaloosa County took out nationally ranked(#2) Hoover 39-28...

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...1015/ARCHIVES01

2qluyo7.png

Ths first one that jumps to mind would be the Nationals "DC" logo.

That would work well

As would the Jays.

I like college helmets with letters, so I actually think a lot of them would be OK. Rockies, Tigers (use orange "D"), Angels, Padres.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

You wrote:

Uhh...I don't see anything wrong with North Carolina, Indiana, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Baylor, Houston, Auburn, or the old Mississippi State helmets?

----------

1) I don't think most of those look that good on a helmet. I love the above logos, just not on a football helmet... there is too much space on the above helmets.

2) They ket to a logo on a football helmet is that it cannot be thinner than it is tall, most MLB logos are thin and tall. Auburn and UNC interlocking look fine because they are relatively rectanglish

3) The BEARS, GIANTS, and PACKERS logos are all wider than they are tall.

4) So, in my opinion, for a MLB logo with interlocking logos to look good on a helmet, they would have to look follow the current trend of football helmets having wide logos like:

Panthers

Patriots

Broncos

49ers

Jets

etc.

I can't think of one football helmet logo that I like that has a skinny logo. Dolphins and Cowboys are just as wide as they are tall, and the Redskins looks cool with the hanging feather.

So, I think the MLB logos, generally speaking, would look like High School helmets. The ones that would look good (Jays, Twins "M", Diamondbacks, Marlins) are actually the MLB hat logos I don't like for the opposite reason. They are too wide, or just rub me the wrong way.

Now the Brewers "mb" logo... that would look sweet on a 80s style USFL helmet!

Don't you mean the Arizona Rattlers of the Arena Football League?

As far as helmets, I do think the Tigers, Diamondbacks, Blue Jays, Old Orioles, and Marlins would look nice

I don't think the Marlin would look good because of the F. You don't want the Marlin facing the backside or you would have to reverse it like the Raven with the B. I think the Marlin by itself would look good. The ones I'd like would be the Indians Chief Wahoo, the Astros star, or the Pirates BP Pirate...although you'd have to remove his bats.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived