A MLB Question

Delux247

As it looks now, the #1 team from each League will go into the playoffs with the wildcard team being from the same division (St. Louis & Houston, White Sox & Cleveland). As #1 usually opens against the wildcard, are there rules against allowing division rivals from opening against eachother?

ujsignature.png

As it looks now, the #1 team from each League will go into the playoffs with the wildcard team being from the same division (St. Louis & Houston, White Sox & Cleveland). As #1 usually opens against the wildcard, are there rules against allowing division rivals from opening against eachother?

I think so. I believe it works like this. If the wild card comes from the same division as the team with the best record then the best record plays the division winner with the worst record. I am pretty sure that's how it works but don't take it to the bank. I could be wrong. Seems to me it has worked out that way the past two years with the Yankees and Red Sox but again I could be wrong.

How's that for a definitely maybe? :D

BB52Big.jpg

Teams in the same division can't play in the same round.

Last year the Red Sox (wild card) played the Yankees in the LCS and the Astros (WC) played played St.Louis.

Other than that it goes by record. So the Braves will play the Astros and the Cards will play the Padres.

When it gets to the LCS there are only two teams right? So division teams have to play each other if they make it that far.

This is how it works...

In the Divisional round, the top seeded Division Champ plays the Wild Card, while the other two Division Champs knock heads. However, if the Wild Card is from the same division as the top seed, the top seed plays the lowest seeded Division Champ, while the 2nd seeded Division Champ plays the Wild Card.

For example: The Cards have home field in the LDS and LCS, followed by the Braves, Pads, and Astros. Under normal circumstances, the Cards would play the WC winner, but seeing it's the 'Stros, they then get the lowest seeded Division winner, which would be the Pads.

All of this is naturally chucked out the window for the LCS, seeing that there's only 2 teams left standing.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived