New Patches

pooter

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Astros use more commemorative patches than any other MLB team? It seems like there is always a team anniversary, Astrodome anniversary, new stadium patch, Columbia shuttle patch, All Star Game patch, or something else that comes out every other year. Maybe if I had more time, or if someone is bored and looking for something to do, some research could shed some light on that.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Astros use more commemorative patches than any other MLB team? It seems like there is always a team anniversary, Astrodome anniversary, new stadium patch, Columbia shuttle patch, All Star Game patch, or something else that comes out every other year. Maybe if I had more time, or if someone is bored and looking for something to do, some research could shed some light on that.

They should have a "We Own the Phillies" patch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Recent Astros patches, off the top of my head:

1994 Astrodome: The Original

1995 Astrodome: 30th Anniversary

1996 Houston 35th Year

1997 Jackie Robinson 50th Anniversary (all MLB teams)

1998 --

1999 Astrodome Final Season

2000 Enron Field Inaugural Season

2001 Houston 40th Year

2002 New Alt Logo

2003 Columbia Space Shuttle, Alt Logo

2004 All-Star Game, Alt Logo

2005 Alt Logo

Anyone know if they are getting rid of the current alt logo patch in favor of the 45th year patch, or if they are using both?

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Astros use more commemorative patches than any other MLB team?  It seems like there is always a team anniversary, Astrodome anniversary, new stadium patch, Columbia shuttle patch, All Star Game patch, or something else that comes out every other year.  Maybe if I had more time, or if someone is bored and looking for something to do, some research could shed some light on that.

Would this be the "We Own The Phillies" patch that used to belong to the Marlins?

Can't wait 'til next year, so we can see which other team can claim ownerhip of it next!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Recent Astros patches, off the top of my head:

1994 Astrodome: The Original

1995 Astrodome: 30th Anniversary

1996 Houston 35th Year

1997 Jackie Robinson 50th Anniversary (all MLB teams)

1998 --

1999 Astrodome Final Season

2000 Enron Field Inaugural Season

2001 Houston 40th Year

2002 New Alt Logo

2003 Columbia Space Shuttle, Alt Logo

2004 All-Star Game, Alt Logo

2005 Alt Logo

Anyone know if they are getting rid of the current alt logo patch in favor of the 45th year patch, or if they are using both?

I like a uniform with event patches. It dates the jersey.

I agree. When I got my old Astros jersey customized, I had the MLB 125th Anniversary patch and the Astrodome: The Original patch sewn on, since Bagwell's MVP year was 1994.

Now that's the kind of thinking I like! Nice attention to detail as well. A "two patch" jersey of a player with a significant award or team accomplishment from that season. Well done. :notworthy:

I've got a ton of hockey jerseys, all patched up whenever possible, and I can quote all kinds of things like that. "Oh, that's my 96 Joe Sakic Avs jersey when Colorado won the Stanley Cup and Joe won the Conn Smythe award."

JEffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Astros use more commemorative patches than any other MLB team?  It seems like there is always a team anniversary, Astrodome anniversary, new stadium patch, Columbia shuttle patch, All Star Game patch, or something else that comes out every other year.  Maybe if I had more time, or if someone is bored and looking for something to do, some research could shed some light on that.

The Phillies should have a "Our LF and 3B blow" patch.

I like the patches as well, it feeds my hobby of collecting 'em!

I've actually made my own patches a couple of times when I couldn't buy one. For example, the once a year "Hockey Fights Cancer" patches are not sold to the public.

I am not fooling any experts with mine because they are not embroidered. I get the art work and trace over it in photoshop. Then, I get some scrap twill material from a place that does jersey lettering. I print the patch design on some "transfer paper" used for making t-shrit designs at home, and iron the design onto the twill. I cut that out and have it professionall sewn on a jersey with the zig-zag stich and from two feet away you can hardly notice the difference.

I made one for my Zholtok Wild jersey since he was the one to wear the HFC patch in 2003.

I've also done the St. Louis Blues 25th anniversary patch, the Rangers 9/11 ribbon and other simple memorial ones, that are usually just a white number in black circle.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived