Pink Lockerroom at Iowa

pcgd

So the death threats are justified? People in Iowa are ignorant hicks...I lived there for four years. It's a backward ass state that belongs in the deep, deep south.

However, this professor is completely misguided. The locker room was painted pink because Hayden Frye believed in the psychology mumbo jumbo saying that certain colors were "proven" to be passive. The absolute last think you'd want for your opponents right?

Keep the locker rooms pink, but don't minimize the death threats. Fuct up is fuct up. That's not PC.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Do they not freaking realize they are the ones placing stereotypes by assuming Iowa means it as womanly and/or homosexual? Hypocrits.

It's just like how the American Indians who complain, complain about teams not accurately depicting a tribe as an individual tribe, not one giant Indian tribe...yet they feel they can complain about ANY Indian team name? Well which is it? If your Sioux (just an example) and you wanna complain about the Sioux depiction cuz it's sterotyped as a mainstream Indian tribe fine, but it makes no sense for you also to be able to complain about the Seminole tribe then.

I did a speech on colour psychology....

I knew about Iowa's pink locker room. The coach of a football team (I think, if memory serves) was a psychology teacher. He said pick relaxs muscles and makes people less tense. Therefore, Iowa is charged up for the game, while the visiting team is relaxed.

I've tried it myself. My sister has a pink room, I put my friends in her room, and they felt relaxed. (NO DIRTY COMMENTS SICKOS :D )

I knew about Iowa's pink locker room. The coach of a football team (I think, if memory serves) was a psychology teacher. He said pick relaxs muscles and makes people less tense. Therefore, Iowa is charged up for the game, while the visiting team is relaxed.

I've tried it myself. My sister has a pink room, I put my friends in her room, and they felt relaxed.

really? you would think teenage boys would be nervous and excited to be in a girls room.

I've tried it myself. My sister has a pink room, I put my friends in her room, and they felt relaxed.

really? you would think teenage boys would be nervous and excited to be in a girls room.

I knew someone would post something like that.

Especially you. :D

P.S, she's 8.

It's funny that you guys mention this, as I'm the Associate Sports Editor at the University of Connecticut's Daily Campus student newspaper and was actually planning on writing a feature about this issue.

I was having difficulty, however, finding any other teams, either Division I, II or III that use pink as a color. I wanted to get in touch with these schools to see what they think about the issue, but couldn't think of any myself.

I just sent PANTONE an e-mail about it since I know he's the colors expert around here, but I figured that maybe I'd ask you all if you know about any schools that use pink as part of their color scheme. It would help me out greatly. Plus, I could link you to the published story as soon as it runs.

I'd need help on this by Thursday or Friday at the latest, since it's slated to run on Monday and there won't be anyone in the athletics offices this weekend. A big thanks to anyone who can pass information my way!

-Zac

It's just like how the American Indians who complain, complain about teams not accurately depicting a tribe as an individual tribe, not one giant Indian tribe...yet they feel they can complain about ANY Indian team name? Well which is it? If your Sioux (just an example) and you wanna complain about the Sioux depiction cuz it's sterotyped as a mainstream Indian tribe fine, but it makes no sense for you also to be able to complain about the Seminole tribe then.

I'm going off topic now, but an addition to STL's comments... ironically when the 2010 Winter Olympics logo was unvieled Native Americans were complaining that they WEREN'T the focus of the logo.

Weird?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This is a joke if its pink so what if botehrs them then Iowa wins, if they dont care then its just a bad paint job, this is no big deal and no need to call for a federal case, see polictical corectness is going to be the ruination of the USA.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived