Orange and black stripes

mjrbaseball

I don't how the Ivy League (and colleges in general) is wearing more marketable uniforms and logos.

They should have the plain collegiate look.

Dartmouth's uniforms are now ghetto black, while the others having trendier fonts and logos... give me old school baby!

Yeah, but Dartmouth still has cool helmets. Gotta love the logo on the front instead of the sides!

CK3ZP8E.jpg

It's rather obvious, but I just wanted to show the Cincinnati Bengals "B" logo that they adopted a couple of years ago with the Princeton Tigers logo that they are using now instead of the leaping tiger.Discuss.

Do you mean this leaping tiger?

47677302_c2320449d2_o.jpg

For years, Princeton "borrowed" the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' leaping tiger logo and used it as their own. The logo was originally created by Hamilton's GM in the late 50s/early 60s, and was graphically updated last year. This logo is still property of the Ticats however, and is referred to as the "Vintage" version. I don't know if Princeton used Hamilton's logo by permission or not.

Dartmouth's uniforms are now ghetto black, while the others having trendier fonts and logos... give me old school baby!

ghetto? Dartmouth? what?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

New Hampshire is one of the most "ghetto" regions in the country. With their lush resort homes and vacation villas, one can't help but discribe the hilly beauty of New Hampshire with anything but "ghetto."

Whoa, you need to write our next Tourist Bureau pamphlet!

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

It's rather obvious, but I just wanted to show the Cincinnati Bengals "B" logo that they adopted a couple of years ago with the Princeton Tigers logo that they are using now instead of the leaping tiger.Discuss.

Do you mean this leaping tiger?

47677302_c2320449d2_o.jpg

For years, Princeton "borrowed" the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' leaping tiger logo and used it as their own. The logo was originally created by Hamilton's GM in the late 50s/early 60s, and was graphically updated last year. This logo is still property of the Ticats however, and is referred to as the "Vintage" version. I don't know if Princeton used Hamilton's logo by permission or not.

For comparison's sake, here's Princeton's "leapin' tiger"

PrincetonTigers4.GIF

Let's see here...orange instead of gold and a reversal of direction (leaping in the opposite direction of Hamilton's old one)...

Ya know, maybe there IS an agreement between the Ti-Cats and Princeton along the same lines as Ford Motor Company and SMU have...

Backstory: Ford Motors developed the Mustang and the logo..SMU decided to use it, but it faces in the opposite direction as the one used on the car per an agreement between the school and company.

Hmmm..with all the slight differences between the leaping tigers...this could be the case.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Backstory: Ford Motors developed the Mustang and the logo..SMU decided to use it, but it faces in the opposite direction as the one used on the car per an agreement between the school and company.

And yet they couldn't come up with any kind of compromise with the Jacksonville NFL franchise?

Archived