New Pacers Jerseys

Mings

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a quasi pacers/bulls fan, I don't like these unis too much. They're nice and everything, but look so plain compared to the pinstripes. I loved those pinstripes, despite the weird yellow jersey, I loved the pinstripes.

ps. loved :rolleyes:

Downgrade, but only slightly.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The stripes tapering in on the shorts looks really odd. Overall these are very nice, but things like that and the lack of sleeve striping may get old really soon.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You gotta have sleeve striping...you just gotta....

I hate this new movement towards getting rid of it.

No sir, I don't like it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I do agree that no arm piping looks odd when there's neck piping, but the unis aren't bad at all.

Never liked the pinstripes. Hate them on everything but business suits and baseball uniforms. And the Arial font never bothered me. It's almost never used on uniforms, so it was a novelty. I guess. Plus it was, you know, ten years ago.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

These uniforms are fan-flippin-tastic.

However, i still liked the Pinstripes better. They had more of a midwestern, old-schoolness to them.

At least they didn't switch to something terrible.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I love these. The wordmarks are traditional looking but have this subtley modern aggression to them that is hard to put your finger on, but its there.

The sleeves don't bother me, but that wavy thing going on with the shorts striping and at the top of the side striping might wear thin eventually.

Definite upgrade.

liverpool-1.png

pacers_miller_97.jpg

They're the best since this version...but I still miss the FloJo style.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

These uniforms are fan-flippin-tastic.

However, i still liked the Pinstripes better. They had more of a midwestern, old-schoolness to them.

At least they didn't switch to something terrible.

I'm gonna have to agree with the Kinger again... when I saw the pinstripes, I thought of Indiana, I thought of the midwest.

But yeah, these new uniforms are alright too.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

What does it say on the back of their new shorts? (like the Hawks have ATL)

The White uniforms have "INDIANA" on them, the Navy Blue uniforms have "PACERS". The opposite wordmark than the front of the jersey.

I HATE these "butt logos". They need to go away. Anybody remember the "saddle" striping pattern that the Spurs used to have on their shorts? It made it look like they had a big heart on their butts. Really obnoxious; it only lasted a season or two (early '80s).

I find it interesting how pinstriped basketball jerseys get labeled "old-school". What basketball team prior to the late '80s ever had pinstriping?

If someone on this board posted a concept using the Arial font in the same way as on the Pacers unis, they'd be laughed at.

flojoindy.jpg

Not Arial. This was before the era of default bastardized Windows fonts :P

It's Helvetica Bold Italic. But in this case, i think it worked. Everything seemed sleek and modern, and Helvetica Bold Italic evoked that fairly well.

Just nitpicking. I never really liked those Pacers uniforms. FloJo should have just stuck with track & field.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

:shocked:

Holy smokes! I love these!

I almost want to buy the blue one, but I'm a Bulls fans, so that's kind of out of the question. How could anyone prefer those hideous pinstripes over these? They're sleek, stylish, modern, and make good use of the Pacers' color scheme.

Definite upgrade. :notworthy:

If someone on this board posted a concept using the Arial font in the same way as on the Pacers unis, they'd be laughed at.

flojoindy.jpg

Not Arial. This was before the era of default bastardized Windows fonts :P

It's Helvetica Bold Italic. But in this case, i think it worked. Everything seemed sleek and modern, and Helvetica Bold Italic evoked that fairly well.

Just nitpicking. I never really liked those Pacers uniforms. FloJo should have just stuck with track & field.

Good call on the font, there, JP. Sadly, you do make a case for the font matching the theme of the jersey, but the whole damn thing sucks and I stand by my assessment of the uni... :suspect:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived