New Brewers Jerseys

QuarterRoy00

Found this tasty nugget on the Brew Crew website this afternoon......sounds interesting. Maybe it'll turn into a permanant jersey if response is good.

Look for the Brewers to unveil new uniforms this winter, but only for certain home dates. There has been a push in recent years for the Brewers to return to the old "ball and glove" logo that adorned the team's cap from 1978-1993. "We're trying to marry the old with the new," Attanasio said. "We have an idea that we'll roll out in the offseason." ...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I heard on local airwaves, they were throwing EVERYTHING from the locker room into the stands after today's game (the final home game of the year). Read into that what you will.

That sounds like new logos and new everything, not just a new alt jersey....should be interesting....I'm hoping for more gold!

From what I heard on local airwaves, they were throwing EVERYTHING from the locker room into the stands after today's game (the final home game of the year). Read into that what you will.

Eh, it was also Fan Appreciation Day. They let everyone in for free (and people that already bought tickets got a coupon for a free one next season). I think they were just doing something nice for the fans.

From what I heard on local airwaves, they were throwing EVERYTHING from the locker room into the stands after today's game (the final home game of the year).  Read into that what you will.

Eh, it was also Fan Appreciation Day. They let everyone in for free (and people that already bought tickets got a coupon for a free one next season). I think they were just doing something nice for the fans.

That's awesome, kudos Brewers!

From what I heard on local airwaves, they were throwing EVERYTHING from the locker room into the stands after today's game (the final home game of the year).  Read into that what you will.

That's awesome, kudos Brewers!

No doubt, what a great idea. I did that in my MVP baseball season finale after the twins had clinched with a 120-42 record, we payed for the entire stadium to fill up.

Obviously I should be running a team...into the ground like the brewers.

And they still only drew 27,000 and change...

No doubt, what a great idea. I did that in my MVP baseball season finale after the twins had clinched with a 120-42 record, we payed for the entire stadium to fill up.

Obviously I should be running a team...into the ground like the brewers.

Actually, the Brewers are pretty well run. They're digging out from the gaping hole that Sal Bando left them in, and have the single best farm system in the majors, hands-down.

The last couple years of Wendy Selig finally rebuilt the foundation that she destroyed in the 1990s, and the new owner seems to be continuing down the right path.

I think we're all missing the point of my original post here, the fact the the Brew Crew will have new home uniforms for selected games. Any speculation on what they might be? Sounds like the ball & glove w/ current colors to me.............any other ideas?

I hope it is ball-glove, retro colors. Perfection!

If it is the ball-in-glove logo, I'm glad I got my Authentic home jersey before they change it to whatever retro plop is in with the rappers and the sheep who blindly believe retro is superior to modern. Not that there are any here, most of the people who like retro are intelligent enough to back up their assertions with something other than "Retro is so much cooler, deal with it."

This also means I'm going to have to get it customized before the sheep finally win...

It certainly sounds to me like what they are doing is simply adding a home alt to the uniform mix.

The Brewers appear to have settled in with their present design as the fixed identity for the team. I really like their present cap logo but am not so wild about the uniforms. I really think it's a matter of font selection. I don't see the font they've been using for the last several years as a "major league" font. I would much prefer they go with some form of non-script for their lettering. That's just me. But getting back to my point, I don't think the Brewers are going to toss this identity that they've developed and have been running with as of late. I think what they are doing is recognizing that there is a formidable base among their patrons and fans that has a strong affection for the ball in glove logo and thus they are giving them a taste of what they want by trotting it out regularly but not necessarily on a day to day basis. It's a way of saying "here's something for you people who love where we've been but stick around to see where we're going." And now that the team seems to be improving, perhaps this is a good time to dabble a bit with something from the glory years while they try to find some more glory down the road.

If it is the ball-in-glove logo, I'm glad I got my Authentic home jersey before they change it to whatever retro plop is in with the rappers and the sheep who blindly believe retro is superior to modern. Not that there are any here, most of the people who like retro are intelligent enough to back up their assertions with something other than "Retro is so much cooler, deal with it."

This also means I'm going to have to get it customized before the sheep finally win...

Now, Moser, I respect your opinion, but the level of flame bait that rises whenever the glove gets discussed is troubling. I appreciate that you excepted us (or most of us) from the insult, but I still don't think it's very helpful.

If we all keep the insults to a minimum, we don't need to worry about just whom those insults were actually intended for. Just a thought.

Back on topic, it has been "unofficially confirmed" (via a leak from confidential sources that we really probably shouldn't even be talking about) that the glove logo will be coming back on an alternate jersey in the classic colors. I don't ever recall seeing a denial on that from the people who oughta know.

Personally, I think it's a trial balloon. Sales of Brewers Cooperstown Collection merchandise are very high (at one point, they were the highest of all CC merchandise), sales of regular Brewers merchandise are very low. This lets them test the waters without fully committing. I think if the alts sell well enough, they might make the switch complete.

From a Q&A with owner Mark Attanasio in JSOnline.com:

Q. There have been rumors that the old "glove and ball" logo is going to come back in some form in 2006, perhaps in alternate uniforms on Sundays. Is that true?

A. I said when I first bought the team, I am a traditionalist. I love tradition. I also try to listen to the fans and we hear they like that logo. That being said, this team needs to create its own tradition. The players want to create their own tradition. They're very proud of what they're doing now. We're trying to figure out a way to marry the two.

Question. If the B&G had stuck around until recently, would you say "This simply MUST go! I demand a darker blue and a faded gold, with the names and numbers in drop-shadowed Times New Roman!"?

Go ball-n-glove. Silly but more successful for Brew Crew. Bespeaks Ben Oglivie, Cecil Cooper, Robin Yount, Paul Molitor, et al. Current Brewers jerseys don't look major league to me. The font is too much like something put together as a marketing logo, like some of the World Series logos or something. Doesn't have any tradition to it, doesn't look baseball to me. Not like Dodgers script, or Detroit, or Cardinals, or Mets. Those scripts have some mileage and some character. Plus, put Milwaukee on the roadies. All unis should have the location on the jersey, IMHO.

Archived