NFL Week 4

NJTank

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also predict that the Redskins-Seahawks game will come down to just a field goal (yes the 'Skins offense is inept, but our D is awesome)

Astute observation, my fellow 'Skins fan. Actually, it came down to THREE field goals. The blocked one at the beginning of the game, the miss at the end of regulation, and the game winner in OT.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This Jets/Ravens game sucks. So far there have been 3 points scored and about 8 punts.  It's time to put in Vinny!

Weak. Bollinger had 25 yards passing in the first half. This guy sucks!!

We want Vinny!!!

6uXNWAo.png

The Bengals are 4-0 for the first time since the last time they were in the Super Bowl! WHO DEY!

the Buccaneers are also 4-0, for the first time EVER!! :woot:

Nope they were 5-0 in 1997 and 1979 too.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/tampa/buccaneers.html

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

With the Bucs win, Bengals win and Redskins win and the Patriots loss, only three teams have yet to loose with TB and Cincy being 4-0 and Washington at 3-0

Indy's 4-0, hoss...

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Chargers 41 Patriots 17 :D

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back...lol. Good call though, even if you are biased against the Pats... :D

All you Pats fans...it's okay, 3 in 4 years is enough, now sit back here with the rest of us and lets watch this thing unfold since it's wide open.

Seahawks all that talent and no heart amazing how when the chips are down they never come through.

Truer words have never been spoken. And I've been a die-hard Seahawks fan since the day they entered the NFL.

There is simply no consistency to the team... from week to week, half to half, quarter to quarter, drive to drive. I see no indication that Mike Holmgren and his staff are capable of adequately preparing, disciplining and inspiring this team. In short, I think that the Seahawks are one of the most poorly coached teams in the NFL. Further, I think that Mike Holmgren is one of the most over-rated head coaches in the history of the league.

I honestly believe that Holmgren received far too much credit in Green Bay. I believe that the biggest factor in the success of the Packers under Holmgren's stewardship was the job that Ron Wolf did as the team's General Manager. I even look at Holmgren's trips to the Super Bowl as being indicative of the "myth" that has grown to surround him as a head coach. Holmgren's Super Bowl victory came against an overachieving New England Patriots squad that was clearly fortunate just to be there. Meanwhile, Holmgren's loss came at the hands of a Denver Broncos squad that was superior to New England, but wasn't - at least on paper - equal to the Packers.

Holmgren's tenure in Seattle has been mediocre at best. Given that the franchise was used to finishing in the 9-7/8-8/7-9 range before Holmgren's arrival, he really hasn't done much to change the team's fortunes.

Barring a complete attitude adjustment that manifests itself on the field, I think the Seahawks are looking at an 8 and 8 finish... at best. If that's the case, Holmgren should be looking for a job.

I, for one, will be glad to see him go.

Archived