NFL Week 4

NJTank

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the Bucs win, Bengals win and Redskins win and the Patriots loss, only three teams have yet to loose with TB and Cincy being 4-0 and Washington at 3-0

The Pats lost in week 2 in Carolina, so now they are 2-2

Totaly forgot about Carolina. d'Oh

Signature intentionally left blank

The Bengals are 4-0 for the first time since the last time they were in the Super Bowl! WHO DEY!

Ugly win, but I'll take it. Maybe this will open their eyes to the fact that they aren't going to be able to walk over every opponent. I don't like to see both our centers going down either.

Oh ya, WHO-DEY!

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Praise the Lord. The Falcons have a GOOD backup QB. All hail Matt Schaub :notworthy:

Virginia, baby!!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Praise the Lord. The Falcons have a GOOD backup QB. All hail Matt Schaub :notworthy:

Virginia, baby!!

Seriously, you all don't know how happy I am that we finally have a good backup at ANY position. I remember when Jamal Anderson went down in '99, that was our season THE SECOND he went down. When Vick went down, Doug Johnson did decent against the Cowboys, but only because they sucked more than we did and every Falcon fan knew the season was basically over. Now, there's actually hope because MATT SCHAUB IS ACTUALLY GOOD. :notworthy:

Virginia, baby!!

West Chester, Baby.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Was just watching Jeremiah Trotter's press conference on the post game show, and he opened by stating that the Chiefs came out and "shot their load" and then were spent.

Classic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I also predict that the Redskins-Seahawks game will come down to just a field goal (yes the 'Skins offense is inept, but our D is awesome)

Astute observation, my fellow 'Skins fan. Actually, it came down to THREE field goals. The blocked one at the beginning of the game, the miss at the end of regulation, and the game winner in OT.

Yeah, I actually missed the blocked figgie, was it a crap job by the skins or an alert job the 'hawks?

And as for my other comment, well the Offense is making strides towards mediocrity. (And Brunell rushing is the most hilarious sight in the NFL, it's like both teams are standing around going 'Whoah, he can run? Isn't he like 80 years old?')

Also nice to see Gibbs going for it on 4th and 1, risk/reward...

The Terrence McGee kickoff return was absolutely AMAZING! Feel bad for the guy who came 4 yards short.

Seahawks had another typical game, they choked when it was "pressure time"

San Diego is once again, going to win the division, I may not have assumed that this early if it weren't for the collapse by Kansas City. One thing that bothered me that game is with 2 minutes to go Joe Buck was already saying "Philadelphia will move to 3-1 while the Chiefs move to 2-2"

Then when KC scores 36 seconds later, Troy Aikman is saying "this game isn't over quite yet, if KC recovers the on-side and scores a TD they win"

A little off topic, but I don't like commentators that jump the gun.

I also predict that the Redskins-Seahawks game will come down to just a field goal (yes the 'Skins offense is inept, but our D is awesome)

Astute observation, my fellow 'Skins fan. Actually, it came down to THREE field goals. The blocked one at the beginning of the game, the miss at the end of regulation, and the game winner in OT.

Yeah, I actually missed the blocked figgie, was it a crap job by the skins or an alert job the 'hawks?

And as for my other comment, well the Offense is making strides towards mediocrity. (And Brunell rushing is the most hilarious sight in the NFL, it's like both teams are standing around going 'Whoah, he can run? Isn't he like 80 years old?')

Also nice to see Gibbs going for it on 4th and 1, risk/reward...

It was a great job of getting pressure up the middle on the kick attempt.

As for the close to mediocre offense. It's got a little more pop in it, but Portis has got to start stepping up. It was a nice win. The defense played pretty well except for the drive on which Seattle tied the game. Brunell only made 1 mistake all day, but it damn near cost the 'Skins the game. This is not a good formula. You can't expect to play mistake free football against a team notorious for having no heart every week. I still see 7-9 in their future, I hope I'm greatly underestimating them though.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I wonder if one of the two teams today will try to break the longest FG record today? Its quite possible playing in the Altitude of Mexico city.

and finally, the Cards stopped shooting themselves in the foot long enough to win :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

San Diego is once again, going to win the division, I may not have assumed that this early if it weren't for the collapse by Kansas City.

You're completely forgetting about Denver. I'm no Broncos fan, but they have a really, really, really good defense. I don't know if it'll last all season, but if it does, they'll win the division, as long as Shanahan and Plummer don't crap it up like they usually do.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived