Devils to wear patch this year

jkrdevil

The Devils announce they will wear a patch in honer of thier late former owner John McMullen.

DEVILS TO WEAR PATCH

IN MEMORY OF DR. JOHN J. McMULLEN

East Rutherford, NJ ? In memory of the late Dr. John J. McMullen, the New Jersey Devils this season will wear a special ?JM? patch on the upper right-hand chest area of their jerseys, beginning with the October 5 season opener vs. the Pittsburgh Penguins.  The announcement was made by Devils? CEO/President/General Manager Lou Lamoriello.

Dr. McMullen passed away Friday, September 16, 2005.  He brought the National Hockey League to New Jersey on May 27, 1982, by purchasing the Colorado Rockies, and transferring the franchise to the Meadowlands.  Dr. McMullen owned the team until 2000.

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2005/html/t...ullen-patch.php

If memory serves me correct, this will be the first patch that was not a league wide patch (or cup finals patch) that the devlis have ever worn.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I thought they had a 10th Anniversary Patch in 1992.

No, for the 10th anniversary they had a mark down at the bottom next to the ccm tag and the league logo, but no big noticeable patch. So they have not worn a patch that wasn't issued by the league.

Archived