Yankees set AL attendance record

jkrdevil

YES! This proves that no matter how, in peoples view, good or bad the Yankees do, you can count on myself and all of the great New Yorkers to sell out the greatest stadium in baseball every single time.

Congratulations Yankees and good luck in the postseason! :woot::flagusa:

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

YES! This proves that no matter how, in peoples view, good or bad the Yankees do, you can count on myself and all of the great New Yorkers to sell out the greatest stadium in baseball every single time.

It happened once... get over yourself.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Funny...where were all these Yankee fans back in the 80s and early 90s when the team was a joke?

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Funny...where were all these Yankee fans back in the 80s and early 90s when the team was a joke?

Sure more fans go to the ballpark when the team is winning, but that goes for any team in any city. However in the late-80's that you mentioned the Yankees ranked in the top of the American League in attendance. The late 8-'s attendance was about the same as they drew in 96, 97, and 98 all of which were playoff teams and the 98 team is one of the greatest teams ever. Sure there was a drop in the early 90's when they really sucked but again that would happen to any team in an city.

Sure there was a drop in the early 90's when they really sucked but again that would happen to any team in an city.

Exactly...look at what's happened with the O's. You couldn't get a ticket to Camden Yards for years, but now they practically give them away. Also, to be less of a homer, look at the Indians...when they were great they sold out every night; when they sucked, it looked like an empty seat convention. Now that they're contending again, voila, the seats are full again.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Actually the cardinals have averaged above 30k every year except 92 and 95 (strike year) since 1984. and actually 92 they were only 200 short of averaging 30k.

And the Early 90s were terrible for the Cardinals. Hell, they had 3 million in 89 with a 3rd place team.

I'm just saying, it doesn't happen in EVERY city.

And yet the Yankees want to build a stadium with at least 5,000 fewer seats than the current one.

There would be more luxury boxes. Wich cost more which means they would actually make more money. The new stadium probably won't be big enough to draw 4 million people, I'm surprised the current one is.

I can think of several ballparks that Yankee Stadium doesn't hold a candle to.

VmWIn6B.png

And yet the Yankees want to build a stadium with at least 5,000 fewer seats than the current one.

There would be more luxury boxes. Wich cost more which means they would actually make more money. The new stadium probably won't be big enough to draw 4 million people, I'm surprised the current one is.

Oh yea, because the Yankee's don't make enough money as it is...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Oh yea, because the Yankee's don't make enough money as it is...

There's no such thing as enough money.

Funny, the Yankees should be #1 in attendance every year. You know, because it's the largest market in the US. Even with two teams you should both be #1.

Per Capita I bet there are better teams out there. It would be interesting to see population to attendance, which city is the best.

I've always heard the Royals do well per capita, eventhough they draw about 18,000 average.

Per Capita I bet there are better teams out there. It would be interesting to see population to attendance, which city is the best.

Toronto would be near the bottom... we got this mentality that we're a small market for baseball even though our population would make us the 4th largest city in the U.S.

Attendence is about 24,000 per game.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Congratulations Yankees and good luck in the postseason! :woot::flagusa:

How about the corperations who buy sections and boxes of seats?

Thank them.

Funny, the Yankees should be #1 in attendance every year. You know, because it's the largest market in the US. Even with two teams you should both be #1.

I've always heard the Royals do well per capita, eventhough they draw about 18,000 average.

Well...consider the Cardinals drew more fans total than the population of the metro area, I'd have to say they are tops.

Amazing how everyone is hating on the Yankees simply for drawing more people to their games than anyone else...

Do you guys look for stuff to be angry about?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Amazing how everyone is hating on the Yankees simply for drawing more people to their games than anyone else...

Do you guys look for stuff to be angry about?

Nobodies hating on the Yankees per say, really just pointing out how this shouldn't be viewed as that big of an accomplishment. Everything was set up for it to happen, and there's other equal feats out there considering the circumstances.

Yanks (and there fans) are always looking to brag, so why shouldn't everyone else be ready to bring 'em back down to earth.

Archived