Jump to content

New Brewer Uniforms


QuarterRoy00

Recommended Posts

Found this tasty nugget on the Brew Crew website this afternoon......sounds interesting. Maybe it'll turn into a permanant jersey if response is good.

Look for the Brewers to unveil new uniforms this winter, but only for certain home dates. There has been a push in recent years for the Brewers to return to the old "ball and glove" logo that adorned the team's cap from 1978-1993. "We're trying to marry the old with the new," Attanasio said. "We have an idea that we'll roll out in the offseason." ...

Any thoughts on what it might be or any mockups? Sounds like it might be ball & glove w/ current colors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found this tasty nugget on the Brew Crew website this afternoon......sounds interesting. Maybe it'll turn into a permanant jersey if response is good.

Look for the Brewers to unveil new uniforms this winter, but only for certain home dates. There has been a push in recent years for the Brewers to return to the old "ball and glove" logo that adorned the team's cap from 1978-1993. "We're trying to marry the old with the new," Attanasio said. "We have an idea that we'll roll out in the offseason." ...

Any thoughts on what it might be or any mockups? Sounds like it might be ball & glove w/ current colors.

I believe this was discussed in the Sports Logos forum awhile back.....news of the new/retro/alternate uniforms was leaked a few weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found this tasty nugget on the Brew Crew website this afternoon......sounds interesting. Maybe it'll turn into a permanant jersey if response is good.

Look for the Brewers to unveil new uniforms this winter, but only for certain home dates. There has been a push in recent years for the Brewers to return to the old "ball and glove" logo that adorned the team's cap from 1978-1993. "We're trying to marry the old with the new," Attanasio said. "We have an idea that we'll roll out in the offseason." ...

Any thoughts on what it might be or any mockups? Sounds like it might be ball & glove w/ current colors.

every team tries to marry old with new (i.e. Sonics, Angels, Nuggets)

maybe its just progress...

i dunno, i never liked the ball and glove logo. i hope they dont bring it back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it a bit irritating that people assume that if you are against the ball & glove, that you are not a Brewers fan. I support the Brewers, but I detest that dated logo. It is possible that Attanasio will alienate a good portion of the fanbase if he brings it back fulltime. Yeah, the vote was something like 70% for the b&g. However, based on how divisive the issue is here, do they really want to risk pissing off the other 30%?

EDIT: Word correction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it a bit irritating that people assume that if you are against the ball & glove, that you are not a Brewers fan. I support the Brewers, but I detest that dated logo. It is possible that Attanasio will alienate a good portion of the fanbase if he brings it back fulltime. Yeah, the vote was something like 70% for the b&g. However, based on how derisive the issue is here, do they really want to risk pissing off the other 30%?

I think pissing off fans with a uniform change is the least of the Brewers problems. The fans wont leave because there is a stupid baseball glove on the hat, theyll leave because the team sucks and the owners havent done anything to fix that. They need to stop worrying about the logo and worry about the fact that they never bring any really strong talent to the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it a bit irritating that people assume that if you are against the ball & glove, that you are not a Brewers fan.  I support the Brewers, but I detest that dated logo.  It is possible that Attanasio will alienate a good portion of the fanbase if he brings it back fulltime.  Yeah, the vote was something like 70% for the b&g.  However, based on how derisive the issue is here, do they really want to risk pissing off the other 30%?

I think pissing off fans with a uniform change is the least of the Brewers problems. The fans wont leave because there is a stupid baseball glove on the hat, theyll leave because the team sucks and the owners havent done anything to fix that. They need to stop worrying about the logo and worry about the fact that they never bring any really strong talent to the team.

Agreed. However, my post is directed towards marketing issues. Their on-field performance is a whole different matter. :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am an avid brewers fan, and I for one do not care much for the return of the ball and glove logo. I dont really like going to the brewer games where half the crowd is royal, and the rest navy, as if we are host to two different teams, like the meadowlands. Id prefer they go with the current, but if they must, go back, but the "melding" of both doesnt work IMO.

As far as "sales" of the ball and glove logo. There are two types of people buying these. Brewer fans, and retro freaks. I think if you bring back the logo, the sales will somewhat hold, because brewer fans will buy the stuff in droves, but the rest of the baseball fanbase and retro fans will have one of their favorite logos become current, thus making it useless to own.

Whatever they decide to do, I just ask this one thing:

put "MILWAUKEE" back on the road uniforms.

As far as the mocking of the "on-field" performance of the Brewers;

I know there isnt much air-time on espn and other sports stations between the red sox-yankees and chad pennington, but yesterday the brewers locked up their first .500 season in 12 years, and sealed at least a share of 3rd place with those "mighy" chicago cubs.

Those last few of you casual baseball fans that havent seen the progress will be up to speed on the progress next season. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still not sure why the Brewers remain married to any combination of a blue and a gold. Those were the colors forced on them when the Pilots left Seattle. I know it's been the color scheme (in varying shades) for their entire history, but they should be free to go in another direction. I suggested black and tan in another nod to beer, but as was correctly pointed out, it refers to beer, but not German beer. I don't know how to make "German" beer colors, but it would refer far better to Milwaukee's nickname and heritage than what they use now.

BTW, QF - there's nothing derisive about the issue, unless you find it mocking or jeering. The issue is divisive though, as it has split people into 2 camps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think the issue is as divisive in real life as it is on the board. 30% of Brewers fans are not gonna pack up and root for the Cubs because they take the field looking as they did when they weren't in 6th place every year.

No, 30% of the people won't storm out of the place or take on a new favorite team. But, in marketing terms, it is a lot. Why choose a logo where you risk alienating your fanbase and they don't purchase merchandise? And keep in mind, my point is if they go full-time with any logo that isn't appreciated. Using it once in a while is no big deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they dropped the blue and stuck with gold the color of most of the grains in beer, and most beer, and green the color of hops, those would be "beer colors". Or they could go with gold, dark amber, and brownish black. Perhaps some one could do a concept on here. While I have a lot of ideas my skill in creating them should not be shown in public. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they dropped the blue and stuck with gold the color of most of the grains in beer, and most beer, and green the color of hops, those would be "beer colors". Or they could go with gold, dark amber, and brownish black. Perhaps some one could do a concept on here.

I do not want to hijack this, but here is my "black & tan" Brewers concept that I posted a couple months ago. Enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.