Seahawk watch!

In 5..4..3..2..1

Actually they are listed as the home primary uni's for both teams. By the way I am a hawks fan as well and think it is a ....any given sunday/cfl/arena/college/high school look but definitely I repeat definitely not a NFL look. There should be a rule against monochromes in the NFL period.

I understand what you are saying. However, I have always felt that the Seahawks are somehow an exception to that rule. The all blue combination looks better that the dark top, white pants that were worn in Jacksonville.

hormone love your sig! :D

Thank you very much!

Who got this monochrome going anyway? I'm talking in the modern era. There was the Vikes with their purple pants, but that was a snafu, it wasn't supposed to happen. I remember the Broncos wearing all blue in a pre-season game when they first changed unis. I remember the Eagles wearing all green on a MNF game (I think) vs. the Niners about 5+ years ago. I remember everyone not liking it. So I was wondering how it caught on or who was the first modern to do it or do it all the time? Also, who started the leotard look with the pants/socks? I remember the Bucs with orange top socks and orange pants. Are they responsible?

KISSwall09.jpg

Who got this monochrome going anyway? I'm talking in the modern era. There was the Vikes with their purple pants, but that was a snafu, it wasn't supposed to happen. I remember the Broncos wearing all blue in a pre-season game when they first changed unis. I remember the Eagles wearing all green on a MNF game (I think) vs. the Niners about 5+ years ago. I remember everyone not liking it. So I was wondering how it caught on or who was the first modern to do it or do it all the time? Also, who started the leotard look with the pants/socks? I remember the Bucs with orange top socks and orange pants. Are they responsible?

Who got this monochrome going anyway?

I thought it was the Broncos, although the Jets and Cardinals were doing it toward the start of this "trend", IIRC.

Also, who started the leotard look with the pants/socks?

Hmm. Might've been the Saints, when they had the black pants and socks. The most glaring example was when the Redskins did it with the maroon pants/socks recently, because their stripes socks were so noticeable when paired with the maroon pants.

If someone can provide more substantial proof, I would defer. I am guessing here.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The monochrome trend started with the Saints in 2001 with the black pants/jerseys/socks but the same color socks as pants trend started way back in 1960 with the St.Louis Cardinals red pants/socks. There was a lull until 1992 when the Buccaneers wore the orange pants/socks.Then the Saints first came out with black pants/socks with the white jersey in 1999 before using the all black in 2001.

The monochrome trend started with the Saints in 2001 with the black pants/jerseys/socks but the same color socks as pants trend started way back in 1960 with the St.Louis Cardinals red pants/socks. There was a lull until 1992 when the Buccaneers wore the orange pants/socks.Then the Saints first came out with black pants/socks with the white jersey in 1999 before using the all black in 2001.

I remember the bucs were about to go all orange against the vikings in the early 90s for one of the last games of the season. The announcers were talking about it during the game, but Sam Wyche nixed the idea. It would have been one of the funniest looking things ever, but I still would have liked to see it once.

All white is monochrome too, ya know...but no one seems to have a problem with that...

The Skins did it twice during the Spurrier years and I hated that look.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

i think the all-blue look of the seahawks is one of the best in the league... however, not every team can pull it off...

my favorite barely-used monochrome combo is all-white in tennessee, though... i only remember seeing it once or twice, but i loved it.

All white is monochrome too, ya know...but no one seems to have a problem with that...

The Skins did it twice during the Spurrier years and I hated that look.

Colts look perfect in all that white.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't mind all-white a much as all-[dark color], though I don't think everyone should be doing it.

The reason why, is when you wear all-white, all of your accents - stripes, patches, numbers, letters, socks - are going to have to be in your team color(s). So there is an infusion of color. White doesn't drown out other colors.

But when teams go to their darker colors in the monochrome look, the only trim color that really stands out is white. So you get white numbers/letters, white striping, and so on. Unless you choose to be novel like the Seahawks and use a bright, almost neon green, most other team colors don't show up well against a darker background. And the teams try to go as dark as they can - like the Jaguars choosing all-black over all-teal (at ALLTEL, all day, all night... *sorry*). Or the Ravens going all-black over all-purple. Purple trim doesn't show up well against the black pants and jerseys on the Ravens' uniforms; they may as well not even put the purple in there. Which is a shame.

My point is, dark monochromes invariably lead to white accents. White monochromes lead to team-colored accents, which give you more flexibility in how and where you use your colors.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived