Southern Cal Football

Cujo

I've been tuned into ESPNEWS throughout the afternoon, and some of the things their experts are saying about the Texas and Vince Young are starting to get ridiculous.

ESPN is saying the Rose Bowl was without a doubt the greatest game of all-time, which it's not. Yeah, it was a great game ... but the best ever?? No.

They've also named Mack Brown as the next Tom Osbourne. Come on!

They've also got Vince Young as the #1 QB in the draft. I can see him being a good NFL quarterback (like Kordell Stewart maybe), but over four-year senior Matt Leinart as a pro QB?! No way.

But this one right here takes the cake. According to ESPN, Young has not only leapfrogged Leinart as the top QB, but he has passed Reggie Bush as the best player in the draft and the Texans should now take Young since he's from H-Town and have him not play the first year and have David Carr groom him so he can take over the following year. That is just absurd!!

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe the team with the pansiest uniforms of all time won a National Championship.

Long live the Texas Ballet!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

How can you hate these uniforms they are greta classic uniforms.

It's nothing but white. They look like fruity ballet dancers. And when you have more than 30 grown men dressed that way, you have a gay chorus line.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'd just like to say that yesterday at school I called this score, to the point. 41-38, Texas. I was laughed at because we all know most teenagers are bandwagoners and were obviously brainwashed by the flash and pizazz from USC. Well I went to school today basically telling everyone to do like Cartman and "Suck mah :censored:". (That and I collected about $50 in bets. I love stupid children :grin:)

I've been tuned into ESPNEWS throughout the afternoon, and some of the things their experts are saying about the Texas and Vince Young are starting to get ridiculous.

ESPN is saying the Rose Bowl was without a doubt the greatest game of all-time, which it's not. Yeah, it was a great game ... but the best ever?? No.

They've also named Mack Brown as the next Tom Osbourne. Come on!

They've also got Vince Young as the #1 QB in the draft. I can see him being a good NFL quarterback (like Kordell Stewart maybe), but over four-year senior Matt Leinart as a pro QB?! No way.

But this one right here takes the cake. According to ESPN, Young has not only leapfrogged Leinart as the top QB, but he has passed Reggie Bush as the best player in the draft and the Texans should now take Young since he's from H-Town and have him not play the first year and have David Carr groom him so he can take over the following year. That is just absurd!!

Oh please. The comments of ESPN only rival those that you've said about USC all year. Had the situation been turned, and USC made the come back and scored with 18 seconds left, you'd be all over it claiming it as the greatest game of all-time.

Secondly -- you know what's very unappealing about Matt Leinart? Look at some of the decisions he's made late in close games. The QB Sneak against Notre Dame (which he wouldn't have converted if not for a missed penalty), the decision to tuck it and run before that (where he was saved by his own fumble), and his looking absolutely clueless on the final play last night, turning a 10 yard pass to the sideline into an 8 second ordeal. Meanwhile, what did Young do when the game was on the line? Nothing except cap off one of the best performances ever with a game winning drive against the, as you called them "best team ever", and made a defensive mastermind looked like your or I trying to stop him.

What makes you think he'll be any worse than Leinart? Other than your bias, of course. Nevermind he didn't have the two best RB's in the country in his backfield, and one of the best groups of WR's in the Nation -- not to mention the best O-Line.

Lastly -- why shouldn't the Texans take him? He's from Texas -- he's now a legend in Texas -- that's automatic asses in seats and jerseys sold. They need a QB like they need a RB -- not really at all, so why's he any worse a pick than Bush?

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived