Southern Cal Football

Cujo

OK all this talk USC could beat an NFL team, USC couldnt beat an NFL team is kinda pointless. This USC team will never play a pro team, ever. So basically its like saying that the Colorado Avalanche could beat the Philadelphia 76ers. Its pointless because noone is ever gonna try something that stupid (again) so no one will ever know. The fact is that USC is probably the greatest dynasty in the history of college football, but they also cant go back and play the 1947 or whatever Army team and they cant play the 2001 or 02 or whenever the hell they were good Miami team so we can never proove they are the GREATEST. I will say this, USC is the best team in vs thier respective league that I have ever seen.

I totally agree, Bucfan. The reason I created this thread to spark debate and get my opinion out there. I know USC will never play a pro team like the 49ers or Cardinals, nor will SoCal ever play team from the past like the 2001 'Canes, obviously. It would be awesome to see the Trojans go up against a pro team just to see if they really could compete, which I think they could. I've done a few comparisons between the current 49ers and the Trojans, and I've noticed that the Trojans have a better starting QB and starting RB than San Francisco. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time expired the PAC 10 refs there to safe gaurd against a USC loss gave them 7 extra seconds. Alos there were sevaral phantom peanlaties, this is why Carroll didnt want Instant Replay the fix was in if it was close.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Correctionm they cheated, just like the Tuck game.

Can you say "bitter"??

Just face it Tank, USC is the best college team you have EVER seen and you can't come to grips with it.

6uXNWAo.png

OK all this talk USC could beat an NFL team, USC couldnt beat an NFL team is kinda pointless. This USC team will never play a pro team, ever. So basically its like saying that the Colorado Avalanche could beat the Philadelphia 76ers. Its pointless because noone is ever gonna try something that stupid (again) so no one will ever know. The fact is that USC is probably the greatest dynasty in the history of college football, but they also cant go back and play the 1947 or whatever Army team and they cant play the 2001 or 02 or whenever the hell they were good Miami team so we can never proove they are the GREATEST. I will say this, USC is the best team in vs thier respective league that I have ever seen. Another thing is, in my opinion, anyone who trys to discredit that by saying that they pay the refs off or some of the other stupid bullplop ive heard are just haters. Theyre an awesome team, and better than your team whoever that may be. GET OVER IT!!!!!

If you use that logic, isn't everything pointless since we're all going to die someday?

It's fun to debate these things and to see how passionately people feel about certain things. Part of the beauty of arguing these things is that we'll never really know, so we can't really be wrong...:D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It would not be so bad if it was not for tehri band with those stupid hats.

Tank, I'm going to say this as nice as I can:

Do you think before you make a statement on here? Because lately it seems you haven't. I mean, its ludicrous to think that referees from the Pac-10 would try to preserve a victory for ANY team, let alone USC. They made the right call, nothing was wrong about it, USC earned that victory, and they weren't screwed.

There, I said that and I wasn't rooting for USC. But I'm not gonna blubber on about how the other team cheated just because I don't like them.

Time expired the PAC 10 refs there to safe gaurd against a USC loss gave them 7 extra seconds.

You do know time expired because somebody at Notre Dame Stadium doesn't know how to stop the clock.

If you wanna blame someone, blame the Irish players themselves, for giving up that 60 yard gain on 4th and 9, or blame them for allowing the QB to sneak in for a TD on the final play of the game. Don't blame the refs on this one. There was no PAC-10 screw job.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm not saying not to give USC credit.

Remind me why we have Notre Dame ranked?  The only two good teams they've played (and they played them at HOME, no less!), they've lost!

... they just went down to the wire with the best college football team ever. Maybe if you put your bias aside and looked at this Notre Dame team, and the manner in which those two losses came, you'd understand that this team does deserve to be ranked.

IUe6Hvh.png

No bias here -- heck, I'm a Notre Dame fan.  And as a fan, I'm saying this team is not nearly as good as the media makes them out to be.

You're kidding?! You mean Notre Dame is ALWAYS overrated?? :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

No bias here -- heck, I'm a Notre Dame fan. And as a fan, I'm saying this team is not nearly as good as the media makes them out to be.

You must not have seen the same game I saw. I saw a game where this team, like DirtyCurty said, dominated the greatest team of our generation through the whole game, and if it weren't for a few big plays, would've won it.

And you say they're "overrated"? Notre Dame is as good as advertised.

Isn't Notre Dame the only school to be guaranteed a bowl bid every season? There were at least a few minor bowls that list "3rd place in x conference vs. 3rd place in y conference/Notre Dame" as the bids.

I know Notre Dame has had this grand football history. But I think in too many past years, the school has received a high ranking based on name alone, not on the team itself (cough5-6cough). This year, Notre Dame has a good team, and I don't think a high ranking is that unreasonable. And taking USC to the final seconds is a pretty good showing, is it not? But let's see how they do against other ranked teams, and not just USC, before the tickets to Atlanta, Tempe, Miami or Pasadena are printed.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And oh by the way, today's victory over Notre Dame now makes 28 in a row for the Trojans, just six shy of the Hurricanes from 2000-02 with Washington (cake walk) coming up next week.

6uXNWAo.png

The Hurricanes were much better then the Trojan btw and if not for a stupid Poll taht had FSU ranked ahead of Miami in 2000, and the refs phantom FIesta Bowl Call they would have won 3 straight.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived