team canada hockey

Lumbergh

Not bad at all. Not entirely crazy about the growing presence of black in Canadian national uniforms (the Red Wings get by just fine with red and white - you can too, Canada), but it's done very nicely here. Don't know if the font for the numbers makes me think "Canada" either, but it could work. Nice stuff.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Not bad at all. Not entirely crazy about the growing presence of black in Canadian national uniforms (the Red Wings get by just fine with red and white - you can too, Canada), but it's done very nicely here. Don't know if the font for the numbers makes me think "Canada" either, but it could work. Nice stuff.

i agree completely about the red and black...

national teams should only use the colors from their flag... (unless it's tradition, like italy and blue). i was never a fan of adding silver to the nagano USA jerseys........ but partially because i felt it was defeatist :P

if team sweden can manage to look that awesome by using only the colors in their flag, which don't even include white, then i'm sure canada could look classy using the color scheme of the red wings and soviets.

as someone who takes an interest in national team uniforms and has done many a national team uniform concept, its a good thing that national teams arent limited to just the colors on thier flag when it comes to thier uniforms. think about it, if they were limited to just using the colors on the flag, you know how many red, white, and blue teams there would be out there? Or even just plain red and white teams, or plain blue and white teams?

Ive got no problem with Canada using black and silver in addition to thier red, and the same goes for USA using silver. In fact, Finland doesnt even use the same blue on thier flag as they do on thier hockey uniforms.

three countries that have red, white and blue flags but dont wear thier colors for sports: Netherlands (orange), Australia (green and yellow) and New Zealand (black). Also, I notice that most Portuguese teams wear a cardinal red or even a burgundy rather then true red for most of thier uniforms, and it looks great when paired with green with yellow accents. Why not break up the ever-present red white and blue with a few accent colors. Why not a little black, navy blue, mettalic gold, or silver. It gives national teams the freedom to create something that represent the symbolism and the cultures of thier nations and I think limiting what colors they can use would limit the creativity in creating these uniforms.

The black isn't too overpowering, so it's fine.

I'd just like to see red shorts.

But I'm not sold on the number font or the "CANADA" font--but I like the design.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I love the design, though I agree that the numbers should be in the "CANADA" font.

I also think the red is too pink.

But it's a fantastic jersey; significantly cooler than the Nike ones.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Archived