New UAB Jerseys

bhambruiser

They trotted out something similar for their bowl game last year that was a step above this one.

Black jersey, gold shoulder stripes, green sleeves, and sleeve numbers, IIRC.

But hey, at least the side striping matches the pants, so thumbs-up for that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't like the striped side panels, they'd look better IMO if the side panels were just black to match the rest of the uniform. The shoulder inserts already match the pants striping, so the side panels just feel like overkill to me.

I don't like the striped side panels, they'd look better IMO if the side panels were just black to match the rest of the uniform. The shoulder inserts already match the pants striping, so the side panels just feel like overkill to me.

I agree. Lose the side panels on the jersey and that's a pretty decent looking uniform. :D

BB52Big.jpg

I like the bowl jerseys more than this set. I didn't like how they tried to make the side panels match the pant stripes.

Looks they ordered the Rams-style jersey from Betlin (Adidas's uniform manufacturer) and got them to make the split side panels on the jersey match the split stripe on the pants. It really doesn't look all that good.

Also, I wish that UAB would quit trying to incorporate more black into their uniforms. I probably would have liked it more if they made it a green jersey with white and gold detail. They could have made the pants gold with a green and white stripe down the sides.

Oh yeah, and take off the side panels.

I like the bowl jerseys more than this set. I didn't like how they tried to make the side panels match the pant stripes.

Looks they ordered the Rams-style jersey from Betlin (Adidas's uniform manufacturer) and got them to make the split side panels on the jersey match the split stripe on the pants. It really doesn't look all that good.

Also, I wish that UAB would quit trying to incorporate more black into their uniforms. I probably would have liked it more if they made it a green jersey with white and gold detail. They could have made the pants gold with a green and white stripe down the sides.

Oh yeah, and take off the side panels.

Now that I've thought about it more, they really should have gone back to bowl jerseys, except made it solid green with the Vegas gold sleeve inserts.

@ the 2004 Hawaii Bowl.  Sorry it's such a bad pic.  I couldn't find a better one...

UH%20BG%206.jpg

They could have used that jersey, but instead use the three-color numbers on the front and back and put the dragon on the sleeves.

Also, it's funny that they decided to model their new jerseys after these jerseys, which were accidents. The bowl jerseys were supposed to be solid green with the gold sleeve stripes and have the three-color numbers. However, Betlin (Adidas) screwed up the order, as they have been known to do, and made the jersey black with green sleeves, the green side panels, and the two-color numbers. However, I guess it didn't help that those jerseys were made and sent to UAB in a week.

I like the two tone colors under the arm/down the side - nice looking.

The black really takes away from the green & gold.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived