College Football Week 5 observations

footballfiji

Not much going on besides two new unis (which are mentioned later on the board)

Colorado State has an "A" decal on the back of their helmets...not sure what it means but I suspect it might refer to the aggie heritage of Co St. (They used to be Colorado Agriculture and Mechanical and their mascot is even named CAM the Ram)

4922494_7_2.jpg

Another photo of UMD in the Black Unis

4922618_7_1.jpg

Baylor has some huge logo on the back of their helmets. It might be Big XII related but I can't tell.

4922624_7_1.jpg

Here's a pic that shows the maize piping of the new Michigan Road Unis.

4922508_7_2.jpg

Vandy in the Gold tops, black pants:

4923482_7_1.jpg

South Carolina in the all white:

4923486_7_1.jpg

UAB's Black unis....which I think are different than their previous black unis (not the stripes on the shoulders in one and sleeves in the other)

4923588_7_1.jpg

vs.

evans-lg.jpg

SDSU back in the red tops:

4923782_7_1.jpg

I'm also wondering if anyone has any pics of Utah State memorial "A" patch and pictures of Tulane vs SELA to see if 1) Tulane has helmet decals yet and 2) pics of their patch in action.

Baylor has some huge logo on the back of their helmets. It might be Big XII related but I can't tell.

4922624_7_1.jpg

It's the Big XII 10th anniversary logo, I know that at least Oklahoma State, Colorado, Missouri, and Texas wear the logo as well. Oklahoma has the logo painted on the 35 yard lines too. Additionally, Oklahoma State wears a black decal with a white "VG" with an orange ribbon on the back of their helmets to honor Vernon Grant, who died in a car accident this summer.

Oklahoma State

osu4ml.jpg

Missouri

utmiz34vs.jpg

Texas

utmiz28lr.jpg

Oklahoma

igfszbxbjecerhi200510020315032.jpg

It's been a while since I've seen Air Force and CSU play, but watching them play this week made think of three questions:

1) How long has CSU had that green piping on their gold pants?

2) When did Air Force get rid of the lightning bolts on their pants?

3) Do Air Force and CSU still have road pants in their other colors (blue and green respectively)?

capt.coea10909300322.air_force_colorado_st_coea109.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I have a question about Purdue. THey have some initials on their V-neck (where the NFL puts their shield). Anyone know what that means?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Is that a tiny orange stripe on the UVA pants or am I just seeing things?

I saw that too on a close-up. Thin to the point of being pointless - if a few of us notice it on a still-frame picture, and even we're not sure, why have it at all? Those pants need some serious orange, they just don't look right with the rest of UVa's uniforms.

As for the Colorado State "A" stickers... maybe they're all adulterers, and someone in the CSU administration pulled out The Scarlet Letter on them. :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Bowling Green finally had a home game this past Saturday.

BGSU has removed the players last names on their jerseys and have left it up to the senior class whether or not they will return this season. (the equipment guy is hoping if they vote to put them back on it is not on Friday afternoon)

fade.gif

Archived