If the Niners had alt's..

brinkeguthrie

The Niners should take a page out of the Cowboys' book and have a set of throwbacks to use as their alternates. Both teams would look ridiculous in gold or silver alternates, both would look too much like another franchise if they used black, but they both have some really classy looking uniforms in their respective team histories.

101085396ye.jpg

Metallic-colored jerseys are a great idea in theory, and they're fine for fashion jerseys, but I just can't see them translating well to the field of play. The Saints tried, and I didn't think they looked all that good... never mind how poorly they looked next to their helmets. Since helmets are hard plastic, it's often hard matching textile colors to the non-metallic colors. Matching metallic paint to metallic textiles is that much harder.

The 49ers looked super-sharp a couple years ago in the MNF game against the Eagles (December, Koy Detmer started, got hurt, Eagles won); throwback alts would work better than any other Plan B color combos they could try (red pants, black jerseys, gold jerseys).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

here is my sorry attempt at a gold alt:

doesn't seem to look bad on the computer but idk about on tv.

ninahs.jpg

i actually really like that.

and i think the niners are one of the few teams that can pull off a gold jersey... same with the denver nuggets... when your team name involves the actual substance of gold, you can pull off a gold alternate.

I have to admit, some teams like the Packers, Niners, Cowboys should have throwback alternates, and not alternate colored jerseys. The Lions are also a team I'd put on this list, but yet some teams an alternate colored jersey (Panthers, Falcons, Titans, Texans) works well

Archived