chiefs logo

Youppi!

the chiefs need to add some gold to their helmet logo. there's nothing but red and black and it doesnt really match in my opinion. maybe make one of the letters gold and one red. dont know. just a suggestion. it just seems to be missing something. other than that they are near perfect.

Yellow in the logo and/or helmet wouldn't be an improvement. It really doesn't look that good. The red and black in the logo looks sharp, adding a bright yellow color really wouldn't look good at all.

I don't think a drastic change is needed for the Chiefs, but adding a little gold to the logo would make things a little more distinctive. I wouldn't tamper with things too much by adding stripes or changing the facemask, but the arrowhead logo could use some gold.

kchelm14cv.jpg

kchelm23hh.jpg

kchelm31sm.jpg

kchelm45ye.jpg

I don't think a drastic change is needed for the Chiefs, but adding a little gold to the logo would make things a little more distinctive. I wouldn't tamper with things too much by adding stripes or changing the facemask, but the arrowhead logo could use some gold.

kchelm14cv.jpg

kchelm23hh.jpg

kchelm31sm.jpg

kchelm45ye.jpg

the first one is perfect.

It's yellow not gold! This gold crap is a conspiracy! Ahhhhhh!

*head spins out of control and explodes*

Relax, boss.

If it's a conspiracy, it goes all the way to the top - Lamar Hunt chose the colors RED and GOLD at an AFL organizational meeting. In 1959. Go ahead, go to the Chiefs' web site. See for yourself.

So... the official team color... since their days as the Dallas Texans... as chosen by their one and only owner... is a conspiracy? Athletes don't like the idea of wearing yellow, seeing how "being yellow" is a synonym for being a coward. Thus, they wear "gold".

You don't have to like it. You DO have to accept it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The first helmet looks the best; the gold around the arrowhead with the black trim.

That is outstanding work - however, don't look for Carl Peterson & Mr. Lamar Hunt to do anything with it. But it's a nice concept they should consider.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Exactly! You know, most say that the Chiefs need a change, but the fans love tradition. Just like the Colts, I'm sick of looking at their uniforms, but I think it would be a mistake to change them. As long as Lamar Hunt is alive, the Chiefs uniforms will be the same.

BTW, don't forget, the Chiefs had that shocking uniform change when Marty switched them to white pants on the road. I think I miss those... :cry:

fluff tradition! On the helmets, just drop the black and use the gold instead. Problem solved. Whatever happened to people lamenting gratuitous black trim? Black doesn't show up anywhere else in KCs unis, so it shouldn't be in the helmet either right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

fluff tradition! On the helmets, just drop the black and use the gold instead. Problem solved. Whatever happened to people lamenting gratuitous black trim? Black doesn't show up anywhere else in KCs unis, so it shouldn't be in the helmet either right?

Remove it from Ohio State's football uniforms too.

They started this whole "gratuitous Black trim" thing.

^_^

Just to throw my Devil's advocate 2 cents worth into the hunt...

Keep in mind that the Texans had yellow (and no black) in their original logo. The star inside the state outline was yellow, so it would't be completely unprececented within the franchise.

BroncosSig.jpg

Archived