Canadiens making big plans

OMMF

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=cp-n...ov=cp&type=lgns

The National Hockey League's oldest and most successful club will make bids to stage the all-star game, entry draft and world junior championship in 2009, when the 24-time Stanley Cup champions will turn 100 years old.

President Pierre Boivin said Monday the team would begin the countdown to the anniversary this month by retiring the jerseys of three former players. The names are to be announced on Oct. 15.

Other jerseys will be retired each year up to the centennial.

"We want to be sure that at the end of the centennial, that the jerseys that deserve to be retired are raised to the ceiling at the Bell Centre," Boivin said.

President Pierre Boivin said Monday the team would begin the countdown to the anniversary this month by retiring the jerseys of three former players. The names are to be announced on Oct. 15.

I'm so there for J.J. Daigneault Night. Anyone coming with?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Finally!

I do hope they get the All Star game and the World Junior, I'll make sure to be there.

As for the players, I foresee at least Roy and Robinson, probably Savard...

After that, Daigneault is a real close call... as is Odelein!! :P

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I'm so there for J.J. Daigneault Night. Anyone coming with?

I'm all for honoring the hero of game 6!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They better retire Jyrki Lumme's number...I mean, his name looks like Jerky...it's the best first name of all time. Only kidding. I see it being Savard, Roy, and Daigneault. I gotta bust out the Koivu jersey when the Habs, my 2nd fav. team, come to Philly on my birthday. Last time I saw the Habs play the Flyers, I wussed out and didn't wear my Habs jersey....mainly because of my Cardinals/Phillies incident the week after Rolen got traded(I wore my Edmonds jersey to the vet and was threatened by a drunk fan...I was only 16 at the time). Oh, the Vet. I got really off topic, oh well.

I thought they'd made amends with Roy after George Gillett bought the team and brought in Gainey's management team. It's good that they're going to start retiring more numbers. At this point the only ones I'd say are a sure bet are Dryden and Cournoyer... My dark horse bet, though, is Paul DiPietro, :rolleyes:

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

They better retire Jyrki Lumme's number...I mean, his name looks like Jerky...it's the best first name of all time.

True 'dat. Pair him with Mariusz Czerkawski, and we could Frankenstein together a hockey player named Jyrki Czerkawski; I'll throw money at the idea just to make announcers say "Jerky Jerkoffski". Then, we clone.

I see it being Savard, Roy, and Daigneault.

I was only kidding about Daigneault - at least not before Dryden, Savard, Robinson and the darkhorses (Roy, Damphousse, Carbonneau), but since there's apparently a groundswell of support, I'm all for it.

I gotta bust out the Koivu jersey when the Habs, my 2nd fav. team, come to Philly on my birthday.

I bleed Orange & Black exclusively but I bought a Koivu jersey after he made it back from some serious illness. He's got my respect after everything he put himself through to get back to where he is.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived