Blackhawks Experiment

Discrim

someone in the Habs experiment thread wondered if I could get Nikolai Khabibulin's name on the back in similar fashion to my Marty Turco jersey...well, wonder no more. I present to you the Blackhawxperiment

home red

blackhawksexperimental.png

road white

blackhawksexperimental2.png

third black

blackhawksexperimental3.png

Cheli's here for the cake, and the little first name on the front's mostly here cus I felt like havin plops and giggles...this ideally SHOULD be the last time I try the name down the spine thing, but you know me...never say never. and hey...I got KHABIBULIN to fit! shoot, I almost got Vanlandingham to fit too :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

not too shabby. I don't like how the numbers are seperated on the back though. Makes a nice fashion jersey.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

'Scrim's Blaxperiment, eh?

As much as I really like this overall style, I don't know that adding a zero to the single-digit guys is the right answer. Honestly, there may not be a "right" answer, but 07 is the kind you think of for a TATC promotion. I liked how you put the name vertically but off-centered in one of your Habs concepts; that would allow for single digits without resorting to the "0_" ploy.

And the first names on the front... somewhere between the Pistons' warmups and every old-school bowling league in 'Murrica (say it out loud, it'll make more sense :rolleyes:), I feel. Not saying that's a bad thing, either.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Going with the "07" thing, I think it would look fine if you kept this format and just left the zero off altogether. It may be unbalanced, but I don't think it would look bad at all.

I'd tried it out when I did the gold Stars version, and I didn't think a blank back left and 9 on the back right looked good. I may convince someone to wear it as a fashion jersey, but there's a reason I would never be able to talk an actual team into trotting these onto the ice, ya know :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

yeah, that seems to be the main complaint...it was damned if I do, damned if I don't...I tried to get the player name to clash with the middle stripe, but it seems the only way I coulda done that woulda been to alter the striping in some fashion.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Seeing as how the Goalie gets a G on his left breast, do the defenders get D?

If so, what does the Centre get?

These are out there.

I'd like to see them made up and worn, but I just don't know if hockey is ready for them.

PS I think was Dennis Leary who said "If you're over 25 and you have your name on the front of your shirt, you chose the wrong profession".

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'd gotten the idea from one of our resident New Englanders who's a goalie, and had seen the other team's netminder wearing a G wehre a C usually goes :D so I did it on the Stars version for plops and giggles, and carried it over to this set :hockeysmiley:

it's been said regarding them godforsaken formfitting jerseys, and it'll be said here: if the mask, the big pads and the fact that he tends to hang out in front of the goal don't tell you he's a goalie, a G or a different color jersey's not gonna help ya.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived