Sports teams as superheroes?

Stampman

I've known about this site for awhile-

Hero Machine 2

and have spent some time with it-it can be fun.

But the other day I decide to try Sports teams as superheroes-and see how they turn out.

I decide to make "heroes" based on the team name, colours (as close as possible-in the free version you can't change the RGB values), and identity to some degree. Some proved tricky but I started with the CFL and here are my first 3-

Stampeder Man-

d4fa80f7.png

I'm not a big fan of so much black in their unis--it's okay in small amounts--so I emphasized the red here.

(BC)Lion Man-

21787b5c.png

The shirt is sort of a BC as hippy province reference you sometimes hear (Well I do any way)

Eskimo Man-

0f941963.png

That's the 'warmest jacket they have so I added the scarf--and he is wearing gloves--but the best ones didn't work with the jacket.

Next up--some more CFL teams...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's your real hero. :D

macgyver.png

Hey--how does his backpack stay on?

(I had to go back & change stuff like that with the ones I posted--and then I still missed something layer wise on Stampeder Man...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I checked all the layers, and apparently the backpack has no straps. HUGE flaw in the program design. :P I friggin' love MacGyver. From his funny hats to his outrageous conservationist lifestyle to his uncanny intelligence. Top three best non-primetime TV shows ever, because I don't think I was alive back when it was on primetime.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I checked all the layers, and apparently the backpack has no straps. HUGE flaw in the program design. :P I friggin' love MacGyver. From his funny hats to his outrageous conservationist lifestyle to his uncanny intelligence. Top three best non-primetime TV shows ever, because I don't think I was alive back when it was on primetime.

Actually the straps are separate--they're under belt--it takes a bit of experimenting to find all the pieces--I'm sure I'm still missing some...

A friend of mine detailed me with an episode he saw on tv the other day of MacGyver where he fights bigfoot. He throws a woman aside and charges bigfoot and kicks the crap out of it. I laughed so hard I nearly wept, completely ludicrous.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

A friend of mine detailed me with an episode he saw on tv the other day of MacGyver where he fights bigfoot. He throws a woman aside and charges bigfoot and kicks the crap out of it. I laughed so hard I nearly wept, completely ludicrous.

Wait a minute! Something ridiculous happened on an episode of MacGyver? I find that hard to believe. :D

I remember them adding bigfoot to the Six Million Dollar amn--I think that's when they "jumped the shark"-

So this must have been a later episode of McGyver?

Any way 3 more teams-

Roughrider Man-

914ccfe0.png

I had some trouble thinking of a good idea for this one.

So I went with mostly green for the team. The helmet is the closest I could get to a watermelon on the head (ask a Riders' fan) and that's dust not smoke. The squirrel is the closest to a gopher, and the scythes are for Saskatchewan's argricultural background.

Blue Bomber Man-

09474281.png

Used some shades that aproximate current and previous colours. Jet imagery figured in--especially the weapon. And goggles just seemed natural, and some militaristic items to reflect "bombers"-He's also not happy.

Alouette Man (so the 3 Ontario teams can be together)-

c337a261.png

Yeah that's a parrot--but it fit better than the bird I used for the Bombers.

I went with a bird theme, using red and blue, and grey/silver for team colours.

This one is probably the most superhero-ish so far.

Oh man, get a load of this. One time, there was a bomb in a mail truck. MacGyver had to drive this truck into the harbor to absorb the blast. Trouble is, there was no way he could make it there in time. What does he do? He pulls off onto a side street where there is a construction crew working and fills up the mail truck with wet concrete! WET FRICKIN' CONCRETE! The man is a genius!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Oh man, get a load of this. One time, there was a bomb in a mail truck. MacGyver had to drive this truck into the harbor to absorb the blast. Trouble is, there was no way he could make it there in time. What does he do? He pulls off onto a side street where there is a construction crew working and fills up the mail truck with wet concrete! WET FRICKIN' CONCRETE! The man is a genius!

O. My. Lord. I HAVE to watch this show. That is freakin hilarious.

this thread could only be the brainchild of stampman!

this thread is giving me the idea of reviving my old sig!

Thanks, I think...

And sean69--Roughrider Man does have a watermelon on his head--the helmet I used is what I thought looked best to represent the watermelon (and read my comment.)

and some interesting ideas used by some of you others to do your own--I like them...

(Especially Dallas Starsman)

Archived