Boston Bruins Jersey

Thierry Henry

Well, I'm hoping I can get back into hockey, and I'm looking to get a Hockey jersey, probably authentic. But, I'm sorry, $150 is too much. Does anyone know where I can find a discounted (Even slightly) jersey? I am not intrested in getting a player on the back.

I'd prefer to not get one on eBay.

thetable1gh.png

GO ARSENAL!

GO RED SOX!

Well, I'm hoping I can get back into hockey, and I'm looking to get a Hockey jersey, probably authentic. But, I'm sorry, $150 is too much. Does anyone know where I can find a discounted (Even slightly) jersey? I am not intrested in getting a player on the back.

I'd prefer to not get one on eBay.

two words: good luck.

Seriously though - if you want an authentic B's jersey for under $150, you may have to look toward eBay.

I've seen new replicas for $54 here, but if you're in the market for an authentic, spending $150 may be your best bet.

Personally, I just spent $30 on an old school Bruins black jersey off eBay - boy does putting on that jersey take me back to my youth - just got it today, and I feel like I'm 13 all over again. Heck, I even strapped on my blades and shot the streethockey puck around.

Anyway - good luck finding a B's jersey bro. I'm waiting around for the new Reebok Bruins jersey myself.

What exactly is the difference between an authentic and replica hockey jersey, besides the obvious "Authentic are the ones they wear"?

The stripes are sewn into the fabric, not sublimated. There is usually a fight strap inside the jersey. I think there might be double elbows in an authentic...I'm not entirely sure, I only have replicas.

authentics have a fight strap

replicas dont

authentics have double elbows,shoulders

replicas dont

authentics have stiched patches

replicas have heat sealed patches(for the most part)

authentics come in #d sizes,52 -60 and can come in Goalie cut with super wide shorter sleeves and a wider body

replicas come in L.XL,XXL

authentics have under arm mesh gussets

replicas dont

authentics weigh alot more..you can feel the diference...replicas seem light and cheesy

for the casual fan..replicas are fine..

but.....

FishNChips_200.jpg

Authentics have a fight strap, the most obvious difference.

The crests on authentics are made of tackle twill, not the flimsy patch fabric of replicas. Tackle twill feels almost like plastic. The quality is a lot better and is very noticable when comparing them. (And in the case of the Mighty Ducks, the duck masks on every crest is actually padded and stuffed by about an inch, somewhat like the logos on a New Era 59FIFTY cap.) Also the patches are actually sewn on, not glued on like a replica. This could actually be a good thing in case the crest is damaged in a game, they can sew another one on.

Authentics have white semi-circles of fabric sewn onto the elbows of the sleeves.

On authentics, stripes are actually sewn into the fabric so that it is one continuous piece, instead of having a separate piece of fabric for stripes on most replicas. This does not apply to patterns, which are sublimated on both authentics and replicas. It also doesn't seem to apply to jerseys that have curved stripes or shapes to them (like San Jose's jerseys or Ottawa's red home jersey)

The fabric of an authentic is also tighter, yet more durable, which makes them heavier than a similar sized replica. They also have underarm gussets (which pretty much all replicas, except for Tampa Bay's, lack)

In the case of the Canadiens (and before this season, the Canucks), the authentics are made of Ultrafil instead of polyester air-knit fabric. Ultrafil is what MLB jerseys are made of (at least the replicas).

The most cosmetic thing is that authentics have the platinum NHL shield sewn into the tail of the jersey instead of the NHL puck logo that's glued onto the tail of replicas. I have no clue what the replicas are going to have on them starting tomorrow. unless the NHL unveiled a new NHL puck logo that I'm unaware of.

--Roger "Never swithing back to replica again." Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

A fight strap is an elastic strap sewn into the back of a jersey that a player must have strapped on, so that when he gets in a fight, the jersey won't be pulled over his head or off his back. Anyone who doesn't have it "tied down" and gets in a fight is kicked out of the game. The buckle is made up of two snapper buttons (two bottoms, but only one top of a button) and velcro surrounding them.

Here's a picture of one.

I usually strap the fight strap of my jerseys to the belt of my pants when I wear them.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

fight straps are sewn in the inside of the jersey, and their purpose is to keep players who are fighting from ripping each others' sweaters off (though it's not completely foolproof, it still happens)

for someone like you or me (almost no one in this town plays hockey in any form, so it's been a while since I protected the pipes), a replica is perfect.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Me, I like replica jerseys better, because I have a couple authentics and I just don't like the way they fit as much-sure they're great when you're wearing pads and getting checked, but unless you wanna look like a monk in a robe, the sleeves and body are too big and the replicas are made to fit you without pads on. Plus, hockey replicas look more like the authentics than any other sports jersey, and they're less than half the price.

In the case of the Canadiens (and before this season, the Canucks), the authentics are made of Ultrafil instead of polyester air-knit fabric. Ultrafil is what MLB jerseys are made of (at least the replicas).

Do the Avalanche and Rangers still use that basketball/football style material on their jerseys? Or did that die with Starter?

Also, I'd say hands down the best authentic > replica is the Blackhawks. The crests have an awesome stitch style; look for some Blackhawks game-used patch cards on eBay.

1zgyd8w.jpg

if you're looking for affordable authentic jerseys, buy a time machine, and go back to last christmas :P

that's when NHL.com was selling authentics for $70... i bought a 1967 authentic stars home jersey, and a current style authentic white road jersey... both for $70.

authentics are MUCH better... i'm in love with my authentic stars jersey. over time, my replicas show a lot of wear and tear. the crests start looking not as good, they get more pulls, the stitching on the numbers or logos starts to fall apart... (i'm talking over years here... they aren't bad quality, but over time, they lose their luster)

authentics are indestructable, if you wear them as a fan. they were meant to last a whole season (or even 1/2 season) in the NHL, so sitting on your couch, or at the rink, the thing will never fall apart :)

i've decided that i wear replicas for teams that aren't my favorite... i've got an 80's bruins replica, a 90's jets replica, 2 different nashville jerseys... replica is fine for those. replica is high quality.

but nothing beats my authentic stars jersey... if i won the lotto, i'd wear nothing but authentics... but as it stands, i'm happy with just my 2 authentic stars jerseys.

I own three authentic jerseys, two are game worn.

1. UMass-Lowell blue road jersey, made by CCM, and all the stripes are sewn on.

2. Lowell LockMonsters red/gray 5th yr Anniverary (not game-worn), SP Apparel, all stripes are sewn on.

3. Lowell LockMonsters red road jersey, SP Apparel, all stripes & hurricane flag patterns are sublimated.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Ok, I guess I'll get a replica. How much are these? I noticed the link DGivens gave me  wasn't Reebok made jerseys. Was this a false rumor I heard, or did not every team swithc from CCM to RBK jerseys?

If they did switch, how much are the RBKs?

I can't find any NHL Reebok jerseys -although I can't say I've looked too hard- but I've seen Rbk Providence Bruins jerseys for $95 (the price may be alittle higher than the norm since everything at the P-B's ProShop is overpriced)

*Edit* yes, all NHL teams are switching to Reebok this year, a la the same way they took over the NFL and NBA

• 2 weeks later...

Archived