Iowa state new unis

IowaFan26

Hey, saw clips of the ISU-UNI game, where ISU just barely nipped the Division I-AA Panthers 17-10 on a dropped fourth down pass that could have tied the game for the Panthers.

But anyway. The Clones are sporting new uniforms this year developed by Nike.

http://iowastate.theinsiders.com/2/165492.html

There is the link. And here are a couple pictures of this year's unis:

186902_177terryflynn.JPG

186902_6913790flynnruns.JPG

And a picture of last year's ISU unis:

wallacerunleftsolo-lg.jpg

sig09.jpg

i like these a lot

finally nike doesnt give a team a broncos design (i think its nike that does this)

when nike doesnt go overboard, they do some nice stuff ( ISU, USC)

the whole concept look a lot like the Kansas City Cheifs,but again Nike gets this one right

I think there is a little yellow striping on the sleeves.  Confirm/Deny?

Those a probably I's on the collar, but they really look like dog bones.  Is there something I don't know about?

I like the white facemasks, but gold/yellow would have matched the uni's better.  Where the black came from I don't know - it's not listed as an official color of the school.

Still, I like this year uni's better than last years.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like the white facemasks, but gold/yellow would have matched the uni's better. Where the black came from I don't know - it's not listed as an official color of the school.

Black? Where do you see black on either of the uniforms? Last year's uniforms have the drop shadow on the numbers but I'm pretty sure thats a dark shade of blue.

sig09.jpg

I like the white facemasks, but gold/yellow would have matched the uni's better. Where the black came from I don't know - it's not listed as an official color of the school.

Black? Where do you see black on either of the uniforms? Last year's uniforms have the drop shadow on the numbers but I'm pretty sure thats a dark shade of blue.

I think he is talking about the black face mask from last years uni.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Sorry there IowaFan, I can't tell if those drop shadows are dark blue - they look black. Then my next comment, why dark blue?  Then a black facemask, where in 'tarnation' did that color combo come from(last years uni)?  I see the dark blue or is it black in the "cyclone logo"?  Either way, it's a terrible color combo.

The red, white & yellow/gold is very nice.

I still think a gold facemask would be better - it matches up better with the rest of the uni.  I still like the white facemask, just needs something.

Can't say I like the red pants & red jersey combo, but that's me - I like contrast.  My middle school team has black pants with red jerseys.  It looks sharp - I wouldn't have red & red together but I'm old school and pants should be opposite of the jersey; exception is white pants and white jerseys.  For example Penn State (they look clean, IMO).

Still, ISU new uni's look nice! :)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Iowa State has gone through some same changes, and subsequent growing pains from them.

Before the newest logo IA State was just red and yellow. After they changed their logo a few years back, their unis in most sports were red and white with navy. Yellow was the minor accent color. It only took a couple of years for the yellow to creep back in as a major color. Eventually, they were pretty much back to red and yellow, with navy as the minor accent color.

Usually the athletic director should be keeping an eye on this to  make sure things are consistent. Their's must have liked the yellow.

Now it seems the blue is being marginalized and the compromise is red and white with yellow accents. I don't mind this, but we'll have to see how things change in the short run.

I was sorry to see the uniform of the past few years go by the wayside. It was my favorite D-1A set. I will say that the new scheme is not that bad, but I really, really liked what they had been wearing since 95.

Oh, and RTRich, you've got it backward.  ISU was predominately red and yellow, at least as far back as the mid-70s, with blue coming into the picture in the early to mid 90's.  They replaced the yellow with metallic gold for a very short while in the early 80's but it was back to yellow by 83.  In 83 and 84 the Cyclones even used alternate helmets for home and road - one yellow and one red.  There is even one instance (I think it was against K-State) when both helmets were used during the same game.  I think the seniors wore red helmets and the underclassmen wore yellow.

Archived