historical announcer lists

timmy b

on some other forums, i've been posting historical announcer lists. stuff like all who have called the daytona 500, the world series, the grey cup, etc.

i'm wondering if there's any interest in me posting that stuff here.

asides from the history of sports uniforms, the history of sportscasting is a passion of mine. i continue to research this topic passionately. i'd like to share some of those findings here, if there is enough interest, i'll do it.

thanks.

tb

on some other forums, i've been posting historical announcer lists. stuff like all who have called the daytona 500, the world series, the grey cup, etc.

asides from the history of sports uniforms, the history of sportscasting is a passion of mine. i continue to research this topic passionately. i'd like to share some of those findings here, if there is enough interest, i'll do it.

thanks.

tb

I'm sure a lot of the members here could help complete team pbp histories as well.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

thanks.

tb

I'm sure a lot of the members here could help complete team pbp histories as well.

Mariners (incomplete):

Dave Niehaus PBP 1977-Present

Color:

Ron Fairly

Dave Henderson

Dave Valle

Other PBP guys:

Rick Rizzs

Ken Levine

The Mariners have a somewhat unique setup in that, any local televised game, the broadcast teams switch halfway through from tv to radio and vice versa. So when Dave Niehaus and Ron Fairly call the first 4 innings on tv, Rick Rizzs and one of the Daves take over on tv for the last 5 innings.

For Ground Announcers:

Tony Shebbecki - best Cricket Announcer in the planet imo

Russell Morris (The Fly) - best announcer out of the two that announce at the Saints game!

For TV Commentators:

Richie Benaud - Cricket Commentator

Mark Nickolas - Cricket Commentator

Tony Greig - Cricket Commentator

The AFL commentators aren't that great except Rex Hunt and Clinton Grybus on 3AW Radio

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

For Ground Announcers:

Tony Shebbecki - best Cricket Announcer in the planet imo

Russell Morris (The Fly) - best announcer out of the two that announce at the Saints game!

For TV Commentators:

Richie Benaud - Cricket Commentator

Mark Nickolas - Cricket Commentator

Tony Greig - Cricket Commentator

The AFL commentators aren't that great except Rex Hunt and Clinton Grybus on 3AW Radio

You're forgetting Dennis Cometti! The best AFL announcer getting around at the moment.

Mark Nicholas is an appalling cricket commentator when compared to legends like Johnston and Blofeld on TMS in the UK.

liverpool-1.png

aussie, jr79, etc.

if you could help with some of the vfl/afl grand final callers, aussie olympic anchors, nrl stuff, ashes commentators, etc. that would be awesome!!!!

fair enough. i'll start on the first batch soon.

dirty curry, sorry but harry's only on one of my lists, and that the world series.

tb

I got at least one team's PBP history off the top of my head...

NEW YORK RANGERS (partial..as in 1973-current)

RADIO

1973--Mid/late 90s: Marv Albert, Sal Messina

Backup PBP: Sam Rosen (70s), Mike Emrich (early 80s), Howie Rose (late 80s-mid 90s), Spencer Ross (late 90s)

1997-2002: Kenny Albert, Sal Messina

Kenny ended up landing a gig with FOX for NFL and MLB, which meant they needed a backup...which was Spencer Ross.

2002-04: Kenny Albert, Brian Mullen

Backup PBP: Spencer Ross, Bob Wichusen

2005-06: Kenny Albert, Don Maloney

Backup PBP: Spencer Ross, Bob Wichusen

TV

1970s-1982: dunno who the color guy was, but I know the PBP on the TV broadcasts for the Rangers was Jim Gordon (more known as the radio voice of the Giants for quite a long time)

1982-current: Sam Rosen, John Davidson

Backup PBP (started in the late 90s when Sam got a job with FOX's NFL coverage): Mike Crispino, Al Trautwig

===================================

NEW YORK METS

RADIO/TV

1962-1978: Lindsey Nelson, Bob Murphy, Ralph Kiner

1979-81: Bob Murphy, Ralph Kiner, another person (not sure who)

1981 saw the Mets split their Radio and TV crews...Kiner did TV only, Murph radio only....for the life of me, I can't remember all of Murph's counterparts on the radio until about 1984-85...

RADIO

1985-88: Bob Murphy, Gary Thorne

1989-2001: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen, Ed Coleman (joined crew in 1998)

2002: Murph (limited sched), Cohen, Coleman, Ted Robinson

2003: Murph (very limited sched), Cohen, Coleman

2004-present: Cohen, Coleman, Howie Rose

TV

I can give you their current roster for TV games :lol:

2005 Season

FSNY: Ted Robinson, Fran Healy, Keith Hernandez (once in a while), Ralph Kiner (once in a blue moon)

MSG: Robinson, Hernandez

WB11: Dave O'Brien, Tom Seaver

There's a great book out, if you can find it, that goes into mad detail about radio crews in the metro NY area...the title of it is called Sports Radio In New York: A Play-By-Play History..the name of the man who wrote it escapes me at the moment, but I should go through it tonight and get a few lists for ya...it details the crews for the World Series and all the NY teams (including the old NY Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers) from when they started broadacasting on the radio up until 1998.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Timmy, I've followed your work on a couple of other boards and I'm impressed. I've got your lists from the NFL late-50's through the merger, plus all of the playoff games, and did a little of my own work in USA Today on Lexus Nexus and got 1989-94 (mostly) inclusive. I'm missing all of FOX crews in 95 (except the first two of course) and was wondering if you could either post or PM the work you have filling in the blanks. Thanks, and welcome to the CCSLC my friend. :welcome:

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Here's a very incomplete Cardinals list:

Harry Caray: 1945-1970

Jack Buck: 1954-2002

These two announced the first game at Busch. Some call this the best broadcasting team in the history of baseball. I didn't hear them together except a replay of hte opening day at busch, but they sound damn good.

Milo Hamilton: 1955

(also was the Browns announcer while they were in St. Louis and announced Hank Aaron's 715th HR)

Mike Shannon: 1971-present (KMOX Radio)

Al Hrabosky: 1985-Present (Fox Sports, weekday games)

Joe Buck: 1991-present (Fox Sports, weekday games)

Bob Carpenter: 1995-present (WB11, weekend games)

Rich Horton: 1997-present (WB11, weekend games)

Dan McLaughlin: 1998-present (Fox Sports, weekday games)

Wanye Hagin: 2002-present (KMOX Radio)

All current announcers but Hagin and McLaughlin are former Cardinals, and Joe Buck never played but he grew up in Busch Stadium.

Those are the current announcers. Mike Shannon and Wanye Hagin are every game. The Fox Sports broadcasts are on weekdays with Joe Buck announcing with Al Hrabosky every now and then and when he doesn't its Hrabosky and Dan McLaughlin; and the WB is Carpenter and Horton every weekend unless ESPN takes the game.)

Those are all the big ones. I'm sure I missed some, but you can see the line from Harry Carey, to Jack Buck, to Mike Shannon, to Joe Buck to the current crew now.

Just so all you cubs fans know, Harry announced for the Cardinals 25 years and the Cubs 16 years. (hell he announced for the White Sox 11) The famous calls of "Holy Cow!" and "Easy Out..." came well before he ever landed in Chicago, right within Busch Stadium. Just so you know :D

aussie, jr79, etc.

if you could help with some of the vfl/afl grand final callers, aussie olympic anchors, nrl stuff, ashes commentators, etc. that would be awesome!!!!

fair enough. i'll start on the first batch soon.

dirty curry, sorry but harry's only on one of my lists, and that the world series.

tb

Hmmm... this is off the top of my head. Sorry I don't have any precise dates.

NRL announcers here in Australia:

Well going back to when it was the NSWRL... they used to only show 1-2 games a week on TV. Not sure who did Saturday games on the ABC but Rex Mossop was the commercial TV commentator for most of the 70s and part of the 1980s for the Sunday game of the week. Ray Warren also did rugby league commentary in the 80s, perhaps if the tv rights changed hands(?), but the job went back to Rex eventually after Channel 10 bought the rights in the mid-late 1980s. Rex was replaced not long after and Graeme Hughes took over as their lead announcer. Then when Nine got the rights back in the early 1990s Ray Warren returned as the lead man. His backup caller when there are multiple games or he's doing swimming coverage for Nine is Andrew Voss.

Ray's co-commentators since the 1990s have generally been Peter Sterling and Paul Vautin, with sideline commentary originally from Steve Roach and now from Andrew Voss or Matthew Johns. Phil Gould is now also a regular co-commentator.

The ABC Saturday coverage of rugby league as far back as I can recall (mid 1980s) was always headed up by Warren Boland assisted by Arthur Beetson and John Peard, but the NSWRL abolished Saturday afternoon football about 1993 and its been all Nine ever since. Warren Boland now does radio work for the ABC.

Cricket in Australia:

Since the early 1990s cricket played in Australia has been almost exclusively shown on Nine, although they had non-exclusive coverage going back to their launching World Series Cricket in 1977. Their team has been headed since day one by Richie Benaud. Other co-commentators down the years have included Bill Lawry, Ian Chappell, Greg Chappell, Rod Marsh, Max Walker, Tony Greig and more recently Ian Healy and Mark Taylor. Nine have a guest commentator or two each summer who is generally a former player from whichever international team is touring Australia, such as Michael Holding, David Gower, Sunil Gavaskar, Colin Croft, Iain Smith... there are heaps more. Mark Nicholas from Channel 4 in the UK has now joined the Nine team as well. Richie is easing very slowly into retirement and anchor duties for the telecasts are now handled (badly) by Simon O'Donnell. Because cricket lasts 6-7 hours a day, and tests can go for 5 days they tend to rotate a lot. Nine will generally have 6-7 commentators covering each game, with 2 on at each time, rotating every 30 minutes or so.

Rugby Union:

In its earlier amatuer days it was always on the ABC and Gordon Bray and Chris Handy were the commentators. In 1992 the sport exploded here in Australia and Ten bought the rights. Initially David Fordham was their commentator. Seven bought the rights after that (1995?) and signed Gordon Bray and Chris Handy. Bray is still the lead commentator for their rugby telecasts to today and is now assisted by Tim Horan, Greg Hughes and Dan Crowley. Although Seven had the domestic rights at the time, Ten showed the 95 Rugby World Cup with Fordham again commentating.

Others:

- Alan McGilvray was the lead man for ABC Radio's cricket telecasts forever until he retired in the late 1980s.

- Frank Hyde was the voice of the NSW Rugby League on Sydney radio for decades until he retired... not sure when... 80s or early 90s.

- Bruce McAvaney is Seven's sports announcer extraordinaire. He was their lead man on AFL for much of the 1990s, but they have now lost the rights. He did anchor 10's olympic coverage in 1988 and is now the "star" of Seven's Olympic broadcasts (they have bought the rights for roughly the next millenium of games). He usually splits duties between anchoring and his favourite track and field events. Bruce would probably get excited over two snails racing in his garden (he did call horse racing at some stage). Undoubtedly when the trailing snail surged for a late win he'd proclaim "That's special!!" which is his oft-parodied trademark.

- Bill Woods is the Channel 10 version of Bruce. He used to do NBL Basketball, hosts the Sports Tonight show (news) and covers any and every type of motor racing, which is 10's specialty. He has almost nothing to do with their AFL coverage which is handled mostly by Steve Quartermain, and that Huddo guy... is it Anthony Hudson? Not sure, but he has a huge head.

- Dennis Cometti covered AFL on 7 and is now doing that for Nine. He used to do AFL and cricket for ABC radio prior to joining Seven. While at Seven he used to cover swimming at the Olympics.

- Les Murray has covered soccer on SBS for almost 3 decades. He no longer commentates though, and mainly anchors the coverage. Paul Williams was their main caller throughout the 1990s, and was replaced in 2003(?) by Simon Hill. Other soccer commentators include David Bashir, Michael Tomalaris (mostly does other roles now) and David Cockrill (I might have his first name wrong). Johnny Warren was Les's partner in crime until his sadly premature death last year. Craig Foster is now the main "expert" co- commentator for SBS.

- Phil Liggot is the voice of cycling in Australia (and most of the world for that matter, but our networks use him as well) :D

I'm guessing rmered could tell you a lot more about AFL/VFL commentators going back in time. Being from a state where the two Rugby codes are more popular than AFL means I don't have much background in that.

liverpool-1.png

New York Yankees' broadcast teams (rightsholders in parenthesis)

(from the Yankees media guide)

? 1939 (WABC) Arch McDonald, Garnett Marks and Mel Allen

? 1940 (WABC) Mel Allen and J. C. Flippen

? 1941 No games broadcast

? 1942 (WOR) Mel Allen and Connie Desmond

? 1943 No games broadcast

? 1944 (WINS) Don Dunphy and Bill Slater

? 1945 (WINS) Bill Slater and Al Helfer

? 1946 (WINS) Mel Allen and Russ Hodges

? 1947 (WINS) Mel Allen and Russ Hodges

? 1948 (WINS) Mel Allen and Russ Hodges

? 1949 (WINS radio, Dumont TV) Mel Allen and Curt Gowdy

? 1950 (WINS radio, Dumont TV) Mel Allen and Curt Gowdy

? 1951 (WINS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen and Art Gleeson

? 1952 (WINS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Art Gleeson and Bill Crowley

? 1953 (WINS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Jim Woods and Joe E. Brown

? 1954 (WINS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Jim Woods and Red Barber

? 1955 (WINS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Jim Woods and Red Barber

? 1956 (WINS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Jim Woods and Red Barber

? 1957 (WINS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil Rizzuto

? 1958 (WMGM radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil Rizzuto

? 1959 (WMGM radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil Rizzuto

? 1960 (WMGM radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil Rizzuto

? 1961 (WCBS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil Rizzuto

? 1962 (WCBS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Red Barber and Phil Rizzuto

? 1963 (WCBS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Red Barber, Phil Rizzuto and Jerry Coleman

? 1964 (WCBS radio, WPIX TV) Mel Allen, Red Barber, Phil Rizzuto and Jerry Coleman

? 1965 (WCBS radio, WPIX TV) Red Barber, Phil Rizzuto, Jerry Coleman and Joe Garagiola

? 1966 (WCBS radio, WPIX TV) Red Barber, Phil Rizzuto, Joe Garagiola and Jerry Coleman

? 1967 (WHN radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Jerry Coleman and Joe Garagiola

? 1968 (WHN radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Jerry Coleman and Frank Messer

? 1969 (WHN radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Jerry Coleman, Frank Messer and Whitey Ford

? 1970 (WHN radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Whitey Ford and Bob Gamere

? 1971 (WMCA radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and Whitey Ford

? 1972 (WMCA radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White

? 1973 (WMCA radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White

? 1974 (WMCA radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White

? 1975 (WMCA radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and Dom Valentino

? 1976 (WMCA radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White

? 1977 (WMCA radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer and Bill White

? 1978 (WINS radio, WPIX TV) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and Fran Healy

? 1979 (WINS radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and Fran Healy

? 1980 (WINS radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and Fran Healy

? 1981 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and Fran Healy

? 1982 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and John Gordon

? 1983 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Mel Allen, Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and John Gordon

? 1984 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Mel Allen, Phil Rizzuto, Frank Messer, Bill White and John Gordon

? 1985 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Phil Rizzuto, Bill White, Frank Messer, Mel Allen and Mickey Mantle

? 1986 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Phil Rizzuto, Bill White, Jim Kaat, Billy Martin, Mel Allen, Mickey Mantle, John Gordon, Spencer Ross and Bobby Murcer

? 1987 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Phil Rizzuto, Bill White, Billy Martin, Hank Greenwald and Tommy Hutton

? 1988 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, Sports Channel) Phil Rizzuto, Bill White, Ken ?Hawk? Harrelson, Hank Greenwald and Tommy Hutton

? 1989 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Phil Rizzuto, George Grande, Tom Seaver, Tommy Hutton, Bobby Murcer, Lou Piniella, Greg Gumbel, Michael Kay, John Sterling and Jay Johnstone

? 1990 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Phil Rizzuto, George Grande, Tom Seaver, Dewayne Staats, Tony Kubek, Al Trautwig, Michael Kay, John Sterling and Jay Johnstone

? 1991 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Phil Rizzuto, Bobby Murcer, Tom Seaver, Dewayne Staats, Tony Kubek, Al Trautwig, Michael Kay, John Sterling and Joe Angel

? 1992 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Phil Rizzuto, Bobby Murcer, Tom Seaver, Dewayne Staats, Tony Kubek, Al Trautwig, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 1993 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Phil Rizzuto, Bobby Murcer, Tom Seaver, Dewayne Staats, Tony Kubek, Al Trautwig, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 1994 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Phil Rizzuto, Dewayne Staats, Tony Kubek, Al Trautwig, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 1995 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Phil Rizzuto, Bobby Murcer, Paul Olden, Dave Cohen, Jim Kaat, Al Trautwig, Steve Palermo, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 1996 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Phil Rizzuto, Bobby Murcer, Rick Cerone, Paul Olden, Dave Cohen, Jim Kaat, Al Trautwig, Steve Palermo, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 1997 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Jim Kaat, Ken Singleton, Bobby Murcer, Al Trautwig, Michael Kay, Rick Cerone, Steve Palermo, Suzyn Waldman, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 1998 (WABC radio, WPIX TV, MSG NETWORK) Bobby Murcer, Jim Kaat, Ken Singleton, Bobby Murcer, Al Trautwig, Tommy John, Suzyn Waldman, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 1999 (WABC radio, WNYW TV, MSG NETWORK) Tim McCarver, Bobby Murcer, Jim Kaat, Ken Singleton, Al Trautwig, Suzyn Waldman, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 2000 (WABC radio, WNYW TV, MSG Network) Tim McCarver, Bobby Murcer, Jim Kaat, Ken Singleton, Al Trautwig, Suzyn Waldman, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 2001 (WABC radio, WNYW TV, MSG NETWORK) Tim McCarver, Bobby Murcer, Jim Kaat, Ken Singleton, Al Trautwig, Suzyn Waldman, John Sterling and Michael Kay

? 2002 (WCBS radio, WCBS TV, YES NETWORK) Fred Hickman, Jim Kaat, Michael Kay, Bobby Murcer, Paul O?Neill, Ken Singleton, Suzyn Waldman, Charley Steiner and John Sterling

? 2003 (WCBS radio, WCBS TV, YES NETWORK) Fred Hickman, Jim Kaat, Michael Kay, Bobby Murcer, Paul O?Neill, Ken Singleton, Suzyn Waldman, Charley Steiner and John Sterling

? 2004 (WCBS radio, WCBS TV, YES NETWORK) Joe Girardi, Fred Hickman, Jim Kaat, Michael Kay, Bobby Murcer, Paul O?Neill, Ken Singleton, Suzyn Waldman, Charley Steiner and John Sterling

? 2005 (WCBS radio, WWOR TV, YES NETWORK) Jim Kaat, Michael Kay, Bobby Murcer, Paul O?Neill, Ken Singleton, Suzyn Waldman and John Sterling

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Philadelphia Phillies broadcasters (from the media guide)

? 1936 Bill Dyer and Dolly Stark

? 1937 Dyer and Taylor Grant

? 1938 Walt Newton and Stoney McLinn

? 1939 Byrum Saam and Newton

? 1940 Saam and Les Vines

? 1941-42 Saam and Grant

? 1943-46 Saam and Roy Neal

? 1947-48 Saam and Chuck Thompson

? 1949 Saam and George Walsh

? 1950-51 Gene Kelly and Bill Brundige

? 1952 Kelly and Claude Haring

? 1953-54 Kelly and Walsh

? 1955-59 Kelly, Saam and Haring

? 1960-62 Saam, Haring and Frank Sims

? 1963-70 Saam, Rich Ashburn and Bill Campbell

? 1971-73 Saam, Ashburn and Harry Kalas

? 1974-75 Saam, Ashburn, Kalas and Robin Roberts

? 1976 Ashburn, Kalas, Roberts and Andy Musser

? 1977-79 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser and Chris Wheeler

? 1980-82 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser, Wheeler and Tim McCarver

? 1983-86 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser and Wheeler

? 1987-89 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser, Wheeler and Garry Maddox

? 1990 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser, Wheeler, Maddox, Jim Barniak and Mike Schmidt

? 1991 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser, Wheeler, Maddox, Barniak, Jim Fregosi and Kent Tekulve

? 1992-93 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser, Wheeler, Maddox, Tekulve and Jay Johnstone

? 1994-95 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser, Wheeler, Maddox, Tekulve and Todd Kalas

? 1996 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser, Wheeler, Maddox, Tekulve, T. Kalas and Larry Rosen

? 1997 Ashburn, Kalas, Musser, Wheeler and Tekulve

? 1998 Kalas, Musser, Wheeler and Larry Andersen

? 1999-2001 Kalas, Musser, Wheeler, Andersen and Scott Graham

? 2002 Kalas, Wheeler, Andersen and Graham

? 2003 Kalas, Wheeler, Andersen, Graham and John Kruk

? 2004- Kalas, Wheeler, Andersen, Graham and Tom McCarthy

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Florida Marlins broadcasters:

ENGLISH

Television

? 1993 Jay Randolph, Gary Carter

? 1994 Jay Randolph, Gary Carter

? 1995 Jay Randolph, Gary Carter

? 1996 Jay Randolph, Gary Carter

? 1997 Jay Randolph, Tommy Hutton, Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 1998 Jay Randolph, Tommy Hutton, Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 1999 Jay Randolph, Tommy Hutton, Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 2000 Jay Randolph, Tommy Hutton, Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 2001 Dave O? Brien, Tommy Hutton

? 2002 Len Kasper, Tommy Hutton

? 2003 Len Kasper, Tommy Hutton

? 2004 Len Kasper, Tommy Hutton

Radio

? 1993 Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 1994 Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 1995 Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 1996 Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 1997 Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 1998 Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien

? 1999 Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien, Jon Sciambi

? 2000 Joe Angel, Dave O? Brien, Jon Sciambi

? 2001 Dave Van Horne, Jon Sciambi

? 2002 Dave Van Horne, Jon Sciambi

? 2003 Dave Van Horne, Jon Sciambi

? 2004 Dave Van Horne, Jon Sciambi

SPANISH

Television (SAP)

? 1993 None

? 1994 None

? 1995 None

? 1996 None

? 1997 None

? 1998 None

? 1999 None

? 2000 None

? 2001 None

? 2002 None

? 2003 Cookie Rojas, Raul Striker Jr.

? 2004 Cookie Rojas, Raul Striker Jr.

Radio

? 1993 Felo Ramírez, Manolo Álvarez

? 1994 Felo Ramírez, Manolo Álvarez

? 1995 Felo Ramírez, Manolo Álvarez

? 1996 Felo Ramírez, Manolo Álvarez

? 1997 Felo Ramírez, Manolo Álvarez

? 1998 Felo Ramírez, Manolo Álvarez

? 1999 Felo Ramírez, Jesus ?Chu? Diaz

? 2000 Felo Ramírez, Angel ?Tito? Rodríguez

? 2001 Felo Ramírez, Angel ?Tito? Rodríguez

? 2002 None Felo Ramírez, Luis ?Yiky? Quintana

? 2003 Felo Ramírez, Luis ?Yiky? Quintana

? 2004 Felo Ramírez, Luis ?Yiky? Quintana

CK3ZP8E.jpg

New York Mets broadcasters:

1962-78

RADIO & TV: Ralph Kiner, Bob Murphy, Lindsey Nelson

RADIO & TV: Ralph Kiner, Bob Murphy, Steve Albert

RADIO & TV: Ralph Kiner, Bob Murphy, Steve Albert

CABLE: Art Shamsky, Bob Goldsholl

RADIO: Ralph Kiner, Bob Murphy, Steve Albert, Art Shamsky

TV: Kiner, Murphy, Albert

CABLE: Kiner, Murphy, Albert, Shamsky

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Steve LaMar

TV & CABLE: Ralph Kiner, Lorn Brown

TV: Ralph Kiner, Tim McCarver, Steve Zabriskie

CABLE: Kiner, McCarver, Bud Harrelson

CABLE: Kiner, McCarver, Fran Healy

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Thorne

1986-87

TV: Ralph Kiner, Tim McCarver, Steve Zabriskie, Rusty Staub

CABLE: Kiner, McCarver, Staub, Fran Healy

TV: Ralph Kiner, Tim McCarver, Steve Zabriskie, Rusty Staub

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen

CABLE: Kiner, Fran Healy, Rusty Staub

1990-91

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen

TV: Ralph Kiner, Tim McCarver

1992-93

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen, Todd Kalas

TV: Ralph Kiner, Tim McCarver

1994-95

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen, Howie Rose

TV: Ralph Kiner, Tim McCarver, Gary Thorne

1996-98

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen, Ed Coleman

TV: Ralph Kiner, Tim McCarver, Gary Thorne

CABLE: Kiner, Howie Rose, Fran Healy, Matt Loughlin

1999-2001

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen, Ed Coleman

TV: Tom Seaver, Gary Thorne, Keith Hernandez

CABLE: Ralph Kiner, Howie Rose, Fran Healy, Matt Loughlin

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen, Ed Coleman, Ted Robinson

TV: Tom Seaver, Gary Thorne

CABLE: Ralph Kiner, Howie Rose, Fran Healy, Matt Loughlin, Ted Robinson, Keith Hernandez

RADIO: Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen, Ted Robinson, Howie Rose, Ed Coleman

TV: Tom Seaver, Dave O?Brien, Ralph Kiner, Keith Hernandez

CABLE: Fran Healy, Ted Robinson, Keith Hernandez, Ralph Kiner, Howie Rose, Matt Loughlin

RADIO: Gary Cohen, Howie Rose, Ed Coleman

CABLE: Fran Healy, Ted Robinson, Keith Hernandez, Ralph Kiner, Matt Loughlin

RADIO: Gary Cohen, Howie Rose, Ed Coleman

CABLE: Fran Healy, Ted Robinson, Keith Hernandez, Ralph Kiner, Matt Loughlin

FLAGSHIP STATIONS

RADIO: WFAN 660 (1964-1966; 1972-1974; 1989-present); WABC 770 (1962-1963); WJRZ 970 (1967-1971); WNEW 1130 (1975-1977); WMCA 570 (1978-1982); WHN 1550 (1983-1987); WFAN 1050 (1987-1988).

TV: WWOR-TV 9 (1962-1998), WPIX-TV (1999-present).

CABLE: SportsChannel (1982-1997); Fox Sports New York (1998-present).

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived