Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup Banner

DEAD!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all i can say . . . leave it to people in the south to put up such an ugly banner. the stanley cup doesn't belong in the south!!!!!!

Did the hockey gods deem it so?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I agree with those who say it looks like the kind of thing you'd hang if you never expected to win another one. I guess I can hope against hope that this banner is only meant to be a one-year thing, and then next year they'll replace it with something simpler for permanent memorial.

I agree with those who say it looks like the kind of thing you'd hang if you never expected to win another one. I guess I can hope against hope that this banner is only meant to be a one-year thing, and then next year they'll replace it with something simpler for permanent memorial.

They'll need to shrink it if they won it again because there's no way they could hang two of them without the roof collapsing.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I agree with those who say it looks like the kind of thing you'd hang if you never expected to win another one.  I guess I can hope against hope that this banner is only meant to be a one-year thing, and then next year they'll replace it with something simpler for permanent memorial.

They'll need to shrink it if they won it again because there's no way they could hang two of them without the roof collapsing.

Maybe they'll use it to catch leaks?

Banner is eh, alright. It's unique for sure. Does it even fit the other banners next to it? I think it rivals Dallas' 1999 banner in size (sorry Sabres fans.)

And another thing, just because the location of the winning team isn't exactly a tradition baseball or hockey or whatever town, doesn't mean they deserve the title. The league(s) put a team there and it's only a matter of time before that team would win a championship. Yeah there are some traditionalists (let's not forget the one hockey god who said San Jose didn't deserve a team :evil::cursing: ) but those teams have every right, if they are in the same league, to persue a championship.

*coughs* Wished the Sharks played in the Southeast Division *coughs* :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Wonder if it's flamable. No way that trophy should have been in Florida for two years, any more than the World Series trophy deserved to be in Canada for two years (1993-1995).

:cursing:

btw the world series trophy was in canada for 3 years

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

all i can say . . . leave it to people in the south to put up such an ugly banner. the stanley cup doesn't belong in the south!!!!!!

hmmm, i reside in louisiana....i guess people in the south also wouldn't understand a two line pass, know that brian leetch was born in corpus christi, texas, and that brad richards won the conn smythe in 2004. conn smythe=playoff mvp. we southerners wouldn't know that now would we. go (dallas) stars!!!

Before you guys get your banner, the Titans have to get the SB 34 banner first.

someone seems bitter, :therock:

QUOTE (zer0dotcom @ Wednesday, October 5th, 2005 - 22:12:24)

Maybe they made it that big becasue they know they'll never see another one

My thoughts exactly.

Hey at least they won a cup, their banner might be ugly but im sure the fans and the team couldnt care less what the banner looks like because at least the earned the right to have one period.

As a blues fan i'd have to say I'd want a huge banner too IF we ever won a cup. After the A$$ kicking we got from Detroit last night its not looking promising for this year. I know its only one game but only 14 shots on goal? chemistry is lacking.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Wonder if it's flamable. No way that trophy should have been in Florida for two years, any more than the World Series trophy deserved to be in Canada for two years (1993-1995).

:cursing:

btw the world series trophy was in canada for 3 years

How nice.

BTW: Las Vegas Blue Jays, coming 2007.

:P:P:P

I love the Canadians, I kid the Canadians. :flagcanada:

Needs to be bigger. And more ostentatious.

And I need to be more sarcastic.

This is just one more reason the Flyers should have won that series - they could teach some of these up-and-coming teams how to make a dignified Stanley Cup Champions banner.

Clearly, they're not planning on saving space for a 2nd, which is prophetic.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived