Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup Banner

DEAD!

The banner looks good in person, very good. It was great seeing the multiple trophies won last season all there in a row, and then to have the Cup brought out.

btw, the 2002-03 division banner has been changed. t was originally a light blue color, but it now matches the 03/04 division and conference banners. They are black with a white and blue border, I think.

Size, shape, whatever, none of it matters. At least it's not garish orange.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
all i can say . . . leave it to people in the south to put up such an ugly banner.  the stanley cup doesn't belong in the south!!!!!!

Obviously it does.

NHL SOUTH PWNZ ALL. :P

Anyways, I liked the banner. If the sport wants to emphasize the Stanley Cup as the most prestigious trophy in all of sports, then this is the way to do it. Make it as freakin huge as possible and show it off as lavishly as possible. I like it.

Needs to be bigger. And more ostentatious.

And I need to be more sarcastic.

This is just one more reason the Flyers should have won that series - they could teach some of these up-and-coming teams how to make a dignified Stanley Cup Champions banner.

Uhm.....they still had to face (and beat) Calgary.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

P.S. After last night, Robert Esche should win the Vezina!

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It's actually a blessing in disguise. Esche is just keeping the crease warm for Nittymaki. A couple more poor performances, and the Nittymaki era will begin a little sooner than expected. IMO, it can't start soon enough.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ouch, RC... although I wouldn't have worried; we all know Canadians can't play hockey!! :P (I kid b/c I love. I have family in Montreal, heading up in 3 weeks. So :flagcanada: to you and yours, good sir.)

It's actually a blessing in disguise. Esche is just keeping the crease warm for Nittymaki. A couple more poor performances, and the Nittymaki era will begin a little sooner than expected. IMO, it can't start soon enough.

Personally, I cannot wait for the Niittymaki Era in Philly. He looks like the real deal and not just hype, a refreshing change from the Brian Boucher... Jean-Marc Pelletier... Maxime Ouellet Eras. (And what's Neil Little's take on all these guys?!)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ouch, RC... although I wouldn't have worried; we all know Canadians can't play hockey!! :P (I kid b/c I love. I have family in Montreal, heading up in 3 weeks. So :flagcanada: to you and yours, good sir.)

Personally, I cannot wait for the Niittymaki Era in Philly. He looks like the real deal and not just hype, a refreshing change from the Brian Boucher... Jean-Marc Pelletier... Maxime Ouellet Eras. (And what's Neil Little's take on all these guys?!)

Neal Little? Shoot, let's just ask Tommy Soderstrom and Dominic Roussell.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If the sport wants to emphasize the Stanley Cup as the most prestigious trophy in all of sports, then this is the way to do it. Make it as freakin huge as possible and show it off as lavishly as possible. I like it.

This banner is all about the Stanley Cup and not about the team that won it. The Lightning logo is comparativly tiny and the "2004" even more so. This looks like a generic template that any logo and year could be added to.

Personally, I like a team's banners to have some sort of style continuity throughout like the Calgary Flames and even the Edmonton Oilers. Even though the Oilers have banners in white, orange and blue they all go together stylistically.

all i can say . . . leave it to people in the south to put up such an ugly banner.  the stanley cup doesn't belong in the south!!!!!!

"Southern man dont need you 'round anyhow...." <_<

OH NO!!! This is when you know a thread has gone to plop. LYNARD SKYNARD REFERENCES!!!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

live_shinedown021.jpg

BONDSBACKER25.jpg

"Southern man dont need you 'round anyhow...." <_<

I rather like Neil Young, I never quite understood that reference

Everyone should look to montreal on how to do a stanley cup banner. Because they've had the most practice.

montreal.jpg

It's kinda hard NOT to win the Stanley Cup numerous times when there were like five other teams in the league.

Now Edmonton, they know how do to division, confernece, and Stanley Cup championship banners! :D

6uXNWAo.png

It's kinda hard NOT to win the Stanley Cup numerous times when there were like five other teams in the league.

During the Original 6 era from 1927 (the year the NHL took over control of the Stanley Cup) until 1967:

Montreal Canadiens - 12 Stanley Cup Victories

Toronto Maple Leafs - 11 Stanley Cup Victories

Detroit Red Wings - 7 Stanley Cup Victories

Chicago Blackhawks - 3 Stanley Cup Victories

New York Rangers - 2 Stanley Cup Victories

Boston Bruins - 2 Stanley Cup Victories

Ottawa Senators - 1 Stanley Cup Victory

Montreal Maroons - 1 Stanley Cup Victory

The Canadiens were truly a dynasty of the original 6 era. There's no way you can deny that. Plus, the Canadiens managed to add to their total in the post expansion era (cough...Maple Leafs...cough).

Everyone should look to montreal on how to do a stanley cup banner. Because they've had the most practice.

montreal.jpg

Now Edmonton, they know how do to division, confernece, and Stanley Cup championship banners! :D

yeah, but they won around 12 cups AFTER expansion.

montreal.jpg

yeah, but they won around 12 cups AFTER expansion.

10 actually....

http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/history/cup/champs.html

I saw, I came, I left.

montreal.jpg

Nah, they have french on their banners... :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Montreal can talk once they've won the cup in a 30 team league.

And could they make any more plain and boring banners?

I'm not a huge fan of the Bolts banner, but I doubt it'll be around for long. I wouldn't be suprised if they replaced it in a couple years with a more uniform and generic version that fit with the other banners. (Which all look alike I might add.)

And for the moronic Flames fans who don't know anything about hockey: The puck has to be all the way across the goal line to be a goal.

What babies.

Maybe if it wasn't so freaking big.

And don't expect a logo change anytime soon. They won a Stanley Cup, so they'll probably want to keep that logo around so they can keep their winning tradition around.

You know, for a year or two.

Archived