Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup Banner

DEAD!

Wonder if it's flamable. No way that trophy should have been in Florida for two years, any more than the World Series trophy deserved to be in Canada for two years (1993-1995).

:cursing:

btw the world series trophy was in canada for 3 years

Actually, the World Series trophy is STILL IN CANADA and will be unless the Jays move. MLB, like every non-NHL sport, hands out replicas of their trophies each year. The Stanley Cup is the only traveling trophy.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Montreal can talk once they've won the cup in a 30 team league.

And could they make any more plain and boring banners?

I'm not a huge fan of the Bolts banner, but I doubt it'll be around for long. I wouldn't be suprised if they replaced it in a couple years with a more uniform and generic version that fit with the other banners. (Which all look alike I might add.)

And for the moronic Flames fans who don't know anything about hockey: The puck has to be all the way across the goal line to be a goal.

What babies.

Good luck with Sean Burke and John Grahame in goal.

I'm not a huge fan of the Bolts banner, but I doubt it'll be around for long. I wouldn't be suprised if they replaced it in a couple years with a more uniform and generic version that fit with the other banners. (Which all look alike I might add.)

And for the moronic Flames fans who don't know anything about hockey: The puck has to be all the way across the goal line to be a goal.

What babies.

Your banner sucks.

It's ok, i'm a whale bioligist. (i'll give $100 fake dollars to whoever get's the reference)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

It's ok, i'm a whale bioligist. (i'll give $100 fake dollars to whoever get's the reference)

george costanza from sienfeld? just a guess.

What babies

first off, the habs banners are traditional, not boring. they don't need a huge, tacky banner for a stanley cup victory because they've won it 24 times! show some respect for the new york yankees of hockey.

i'm a leafs fan, and i still show them respect. so as a lightining fan it shouldn't be that hard to respect greatness when you see it.

yeah, the lightning may have won the cup, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

i'm a leafs fan, and i still show them respect. so as a lightining fan it shouldn't be that hard to respect greatness when you see it.

yeah, the lightning may have won the cup, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Your broken clock hasn't been right since '67, I believe. :hockeysmiley:

Save that smiley for if your team is even around 35 years from now :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Save that smiley for if your team is even around 35 years from now :P

don't worry chris, in 35 years they'll still be around.....as the winnipeg jets :hockeysmiley:

oh, and our clock's been right 12 more times then tampa's has :P

first off, the habs banners are traditional, not boring.

There is no law saying can't be both.

And am I the only one who likes Tampa Bay's logo and uniforms? There is nothing wrong with them at all.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

And am I the only one who likes Tampa Bay's logo and uniforms? There is nothing wrong with them at all.

traditional, no frills banners and the tradition/legacy of the canadiens seem to go together well. sure they're a little plain, but they just seem to work for the oldest hockey team in the world.

as for the lightining's unis and logos, well the unis are fine, but the primary logo sucks. its got two completly different wordmarks, and the top of the circle just ends. it looks like the elements are just thrown together. the bolt over florida alt logo should be elevated to primary status, and some kind of "TBL" alt logo should be added.

Club member #2. :hockeysmiley:

seem's i"ve sumbled into some kind of weird Canadian pissing contest.

From a guy that does banners and large/grand scale graphics...I like it. Nice rendering, cool to have it cut out on the side, nice print job.

But from a sports fan, yeah...too gaudy. Too photographic. Simple is the way to go.

george costanza from sienfeld? just a guess.

Either that, or King just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

as for the lightining's unis and logos, well the unis are fine, but the primary logo sucks. its got two completly different wordmarks, and the top of the circle just ends. it looks like the elements are just thrown together.

That's because Phil Esposito designed the Lightning logo on a napkin in a restaurant.

Archived