Alex Smith the man at QB, Rattay benched

IronChefShark

Why not just roll the dice and throw the kid in the fire now. I mean, what do we got to lose now, other then about 12 more games of course.

Bottom line is, the offense sucked in Mexico City, and Rattay pissed the game away pretty much on his own the previous week against Dallas. Alex is most likely gonna get his ass kicked no doubt, especially behind our beat up O-line.

But why not an on the job education? Anything is better then watching Rattay lead us nowhere fast.

Yeah I agree though I would have waited a week. Smith could have beneifted from watching Peyton Manning on teh sideline with no pressure.

Id rather watch us lose to the colts because Peyton destroyed our secondary then watch us lose because Rattay forgot he is supposed to throw to the guys in the red jerseys and gold helmets.

I think Smith is going to go down as the worst #1 pick of all time. Coming out of college, i figured he was a second rounder at best after seeing him play at Utah. I think the 49ers should have done one of two things. 1) Trade with San Diego in 04 for Eli Manning. 2) Take anything BUT a QB in 05 and wait for 06 and take Matt Leinart. Taking Alex Smith was a huge mistake for the Niners, who will be the Clippers of the NFL for years to come now.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived