Giambi wins AL Comeback award

Grish

What a joke...as noted on MLB.com

How does a guy do steriods and then gets an award!

Baseball needs a new slogan, "NO FEHR!"

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

They should be ashamed of themselves. Giambi had a ton of medical issues and the fact that he played so well this year is amazing (at least to me), but the mere fact that he admitted to using steroids, well, without admitting to using steroids is enough for me to say he should not even had been a candidate for the award.

This one's completely on Major League Baseball. This one isn't the MLBPA's fault. If MLB wanted to truly send a message, they wouldn't have allowed a cheater to even be considered for this award.

By the way, Ken Griffey, Jr. won the NL Comeback Player of the Year award. I was very happy to see Griff have a relatively healthy (for him) 2005 season. He is my all-time favorite player, and it's nice to know he can still play. I just hope Cincy trades him to an AL team so he can DH and maybe last 3 more years. Congrats!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Congrats to Griff, who won his award honestly and through hard work.

Giambi winning sends the wrong message. Medical issues aside, he cheated. He said he did. His problems were brought about by his own hand. Now he's being celebrated for overcoming... himself?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Oh, by the way compare Giambi's stats with Ritchie Sexson who had to have his shoulder put back together again, to hit 39 hrs, after playing 20 some odd games last season.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

No for Giambi. I still think he's back on the 'roids.

I would not be suprised. The technology to get around it is always ahead of the testing.

Voting for him is rediculous. They should be ashamed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Baseball fans are stupid, what can I say...look at the ASG starting lineups each year. Shoulda seen this one coming a mile away... :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't see why Sexson didn't come away with it. He basically disappeared for a few years, whereas Giambi's been in the spotlight for the last several years. Granted, fan voting sucks...I hate seeing players who have no right to be in the all-star game start.

He got caught with the roids "allegedly"...

...then comes back despite everything and helps his team to another Division title...

...seems to me the award is well deserved.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yeah, that's it! Let's just reward the guy for having another decent season after giving up steroids. <_<

He fit the criteria. 'Sall i care about.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

He got caught with the roids "allegedly"...

...then comes back despite everything and helps his team to another Division title...

...seems to me the award is well deserved.

:therock:

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Congrats to Junior Griffey for turning his career around and also to The Giambino for overcoming all the negative press comments and the alleged steriods. Giambi did not test positive like Palmerio so, there's no positive proof that he's a juicer.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Archived