Vikings to get unis?

Lumbergh

I was talking to my friend about the nfl, and he brought up that the vikes are getting new unis for 2006. At first i did'nt believe him but his brother in law works for the front office in minnesota. He said the word he got is that they are using a new version like the falcons with some modifications and simplicity. They are still keeping colors and helmets but he said to expect purple pants and cooler uniforms. Any one know anything else?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, but the lions changed a few years ago, the only one who shouldn't change are the pack-attack. The vikes are due for a change, i'm glad it's happening, i like the new uniforms as long as they aren't over the top

Would love to see purple pants, and white jerseys with purple numbers and true purple sleeve stripes. And for God's sake make the Viking horn on the helmet larger, that thing looks like it shrinks in size every year.

metslogo_215.gif

"Cooler" uniforms?

What is your definition of cooler?

I think the Falcons new uniforms suck. And any change like that will not be good. The vikings are great with what they have. Leave it be.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I was talking to my friend about the nfl, and he brought up that the vikes are getting new unis for 2006. At first i did'nt believe him but his brother in law works for the front office in minnesota. He said the word he got is that they are using a new version like the falcons with some modifications and simplicity. They are still keeping colors and helmets but he said to expect purple pants and cooler uniforms. Any one know anything else?

oh Lord, please no...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That's sad news :mad:

It's bad enough the Lions had to go and be all weird, now the Vikings?...bleh

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Purple pants?

Just make sure someone tells the Lions if the Vikings decide to wear their road unis at home...

and dirwuf with the rare post-zinger! :D

Yes, if the vikes come out next year with the all purple look (im betting they will) look for the metrodome to burn. It will be me!

But the morons here would love them, so its win some-lose some.

I posted this on the Vikings RUBECHAT message board at our local sports station, KFAN. We will see how the bottom-rung IQ Vikings fans take the news.

I believe this, we are going to be radically changing the face of the franchise, I dont see why not a redesign. Id be SHOCKED if the helmets changed, however.

He said the word he got is that they are using a new version like the falcons with some modifications and simplicity. They are still keeping colors and helmets but he said to expect purple pants and cooler uniforms. Any one know anything else?

oh Lord, please no...

I'm with you Greg.

BB52Big.jpg

Purple pants?

Just make sure someone tells the Lions if the Vikings decide to wear their road unis at home...

and dirwuf with the rare post-zinger! :D

Yes, if the vikes come out next year with the all purple look (im betting they will) look for the metrodome to burn. It will be me!

But the morons here would love them, so its win some-lose some.

I posted this on the Vikings RUBECHAT message board at our local sports station, KFAN. We will see how the bottom-rung IQ Vikings fans take the news.

I believe this, we are going to be radically changing the face of the franchise, I dont see why not a redesign. Id be SHOCKED if the helmets changed, however.

can I help you burn the Dome down if they go all purple?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Purple britches on the road are not a bad idea. The Victims' uniforms have been pretty bad for a long time, but the roadies a lot more so than the homes.

And as for the Porkers, those guys are in serious need of some updating. "It's tradition" is just a poor excuse for a bad uniform design.

Uniform updates can be done without choking on current trends a-la the Cardinals redesign.

Sorry, I'm not buying.

Seems these days everyone has a friend with a cousin or an in-law or something else connected to someone in the front office of a sports team. I don't believe it for a second. This is no different than the story that I heard in three different cities back in the early 90's regarding whomever the local, effeminate male TV personality was being rushed to the E.R. with a banana lodged in his ass. Everyone who told me this hilarious story swore that their brother-sister-cousin-neighbor was good friends with the E.R. nurse. It's convenient to have some distance so verification becomes difficult if not impossible.

Frankly, anyone associated with the front office of a major sports team is going to be sworn to secrecy regarding any internal team matter - assuming they have access to that info at all. It would be too easy for a lower paid employee to sell information to certain members of the media, so those folks are usually cut out of the info loop altogether, and anyone higher up on the chain is going to keep the info under wraps lest they lose their position and be unable to get a similar job anywhere else. There's that whole trust issue, you know.

I worked with a guy who is a season ticket holder for the Rams and back in 1998 when the team was going over proposals for the 2000 uniform overhaul, he was invited to serve on a focus group that would be narrowing down finalists. I called the front office to find out how I could get on to the panel and the receptionist denied any knowledge of such a panel. When I said that I knew someone on the panel I was transferred to the assistant VP for community relations or some other such title and she also denied the existence of such a panel. When I told her that I was just talking to someone on the panel she insisted on a name and at that point I realized I might be jeopardizing not only his spot on the panel but possibly his season tickets I declined and terminated the call.

The bottom line? I take no stock in team connections that aren't direct and we shouldn't either.

I actually have a source who told me the new Vikings owner was sent to the ER with a banana in his ass. he was reportedly designing the new uniforms at the time. He mumbled something about purple pants.

i don't buy it. I heard Zygi doesn't even like bananas.

^_^

If I see another Falcons-influenced uniform I'm going to scream. They have great unis as is, and to whoever said the Packers are the ONLY team in the North that doesn't need a change, I say how bout the Bears??

The Bears should do some research in the high school ranks and borrow these uniforms...

catholicunis6as.jpg

eyecopy1tn.jpg

If I see another Falcons-influenced uniform I'm going to scream. They have great unis as is, and to whoever said the Packers are the ONLY team in the North that doesn't need a change, I say how bout the Bears??

The Bears should do some research in the high school ranks and borrow these uniforms...

catholicunis6as.jpg

Well, no, they shouldn't, because then they would look like a high school team, and a bad looking one at that. I've never seen more inconsistent line weights in my life.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

catholicunis6as.jpg

...and if they did that, I guarran-damn-tee ya that the ownership group would be put up against a wall and shot by angry Bears fans..

What's wrong with ANY of the jerseys in the NFC Norris (aka the North) anyways? The worst of the bunch is the Vikings, and they're not totally horrid, IMO...

Sometimes change ISN'T a good thing...ask the 49ers and Carm Policy about that helmet they tried to introduce in 1991.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived