Vikings to get unis?

Lumbergh

Well the problem with the striping is they are in the process of phasing out Reebok and phasing in Nike. The white uniform is still Reebok one more year. IMO, other than the socks, the Bears uniform is boring. The blacked out headgear looks much better than what Chicago has (although Im not sure if you can get navy padding in a helmet). Catholic used to have a stripeless helmet, but now they have the Louisville style stripe and it looks good. The jersey and pants are the same style as when Warrick Dunn, Travis Minor and Major Applewhite played. So they have kept the tradition while updating the details.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is no different than the story that I heard in three different cities back in the early 90's regarding whomever the local, effeminate male TV personality was being rushed to the E.R. with a banana lodged in his ass.

Lies, all lies, YH!!

All those stories you heard are just copycat stories. It was in Philly, in the mid-'80s. And it was a gerbil. So don't believe the others; I got this first-hand from my neighbor's daughter's boyfriend's father's golf buddy, 'cause he works at the hospital where it happened.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go help this Nigerian guy get his share of a $70 million fortune that he is supposed to inherit. The email he sent me said that I can help him, and he'll even give me some of his fortune. All he needs is my credit card number and bank account; what could be better?!

As for the Vikings: I love their uniforms just as they are. They make purple classy. I can't see them straying too far from the look that they've always had, and nothing very radical. Maybe even a Giants/Jets "Back to the Future" move - which could mean purple pants, I 'spose.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This is no different than the story that I heard in three different cities back in the early 90's regarding whomever the local, effeminate male TV personality was being rushed to the E.R. with a banana lodged in his ass.

Lies, all lies, YH!!

All those stories you heard are just copycat stories. It was in Philly, in the mid-'80s. And it was a gerbil. So don't believe the others; I got this first-hand from my neighbor's daughter's boyfriend's father's golf buddy, 'cause he works at the hospital where it happened.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go help this Nigerian guy get his share of a $70 million fortune that he is supposed to inherit. The email he sent me said that I can help him, and he'll even give me some of his fortune. All he needs is my credit card number and bank account; what could be better?!

As for the Vikings: I love their uniforms just as they are. They make purple classy. I can't see them straying too far from the look that they've always had, and nothing very radical. Maybe even a Giants/Jets "Back to the Future" move - which could mean purple pants, I 'spose.

Ha. Jerry's Girbil.

Oh, and for the record: My neighbor's roommate's brother's friend's uncle is poker buddies with a guy who's friend knows the cop that caught Kordell 'in the act' in Shenley park Pgh.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ha. Jerry's Girbil.

We had a pet hamster in 4th grade, and we made a maze for him. There was a tiny box at the bottom we called "Jerry's Place", and damn if that hamster spent an inordinate amount of time in there. We also named the maze "Jerry Hill, New Gerbil". (Is this 4th-grade level humor? 'Cuz I still find it funny... :D )

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, the Vikes. Don't want to see them change a classic. No piping, no funky numbers, yadda yadda yadda... gerbils.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

they shouldn't change, no one in the NFC north should change. they are the "traditional" division.

I agree wholeheartedly. It was a mistake when the Lions tried to update themselves, and the same would be true if any of the other teams in the division did so. The Tradition Division has a nice ring to it. Let's keep things the way they are.

I would rather not see a change for the Vikings but as long as they keep it like something along the lines of what the Lions did but without the use of black as a trim color. Maybe a little bit of an update to the helmet logo like the Seahawks,Falcons,Cardinals did. Just making it more aggressive or forward moving. They must still keep the purple, gold and white.... no black or grey added in as a trim color. Purple pants would'nt be a bad idea but no all purple combination please!!!!!!!!! and of course they would have to come up with a white sock with purple and gold stripes maybe something like the chiefs wear with their red pants if they were going to go with purple pants and prevent another unitard .

The only change I want to see for the Viking is using the same striping as the white jersey has on the purple.

Agree 100%.

No overhaul

No looking like the Bills or Falcons

I love the white jersey striping--put it on the purples and call it a day.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The uniforms are just fine as they are. If they move to something like what the Falcons have, they'd have to emphasize the gold (or some other color) more. That should not happen. Purple should be the only color that should be emphasized on the Vikings uniforms. I don't mind a little gold trim, just as long as it does not overpower the purple.

Everybody has made minor changes to their uniforms in the NFC Central/North at some point in team history, but for the most part, the tradition has been preserved. It should remain that way. If anyone from the Vikings office is reading this, please do not overhaul the design of your uniforms! You won't sell that many more jerseys if you do.

I'd rather see them do the opposite of what RickV posted ^^^ - take the "Colts" style striping from the white jersey and put it on the purple jerseys. Striped socks would be a plus. Purple pants - meh; just don't go full-bore Purple People Eater/Monochrome Madness, and I will be thrilled.

2007nleastchamps.png

This Viking fan agrees with RickV. If the Vikings do change, they should go back to the future the way the New York Giants did. Just have it slightly modified, with the Vikings logo in or just above the sleeve stripes, with the numbers on the shoulders.

The only change I want to see for the Viking is using the same striping as the white jersey has on the purple.

Agree 100%.

No overhaul

No looking like the Bills or Falcons

I love the white jersey striping--put it on the purples and call it a day.

I agree 100% as well. That is the only change that is neccessary.

I have changed my mind about this I think if they are going to change I would be more in favor of the back to the future change like the Jets and Giants have done. Yeah similar to what RickV posted but I'll agree with VitaminD about keeping the striping they have on the current white jerseys now and putting on the purple jerseys as well. Go with the purple pants. Striped socks just for the purple pants...white socks with purple gold then purple stripe.

Wow, a Gerbil Buttacolli reference. I have not heard those in about 20 years. Amazing how history keeps coming back even living 800 miles from Philly. As for the topic at hand, I would love to see the Vikes go with Purple pants as long as they added white or yellow socks with stripes to match the white shoulders.

My NFC North synopsis...

I'd like to see the Vikings add purple pants. Other than that they are fine. Please don't "Falconize" them. Speaking of the Falcons, I liked it when they wore red with grey pants. Eagles too. Bring back the grey pants. And while we are on the topic of grey pants, make the Giants get rid of 'em.

As for the Lions, I like the black trim on the Lion's jerseys. As a lifelong fan, I never really liked what they had previously (blue with white numbers and white/silver stripes/outlines). I liked the Billy Sims-era uniforms with the silver numbers outlined in white. Those were fantastic. I put the last version of the Lion's jersey next to the new one and compared. The Honolulu blue is different, but looks good outlined in black. It wasn't a radical change adding the black. Not much different than when the 49ers did it. I even like the black jersey.

Packers? I know we have traditionalists here and for the most part, I am one too, but I would like to see some yellow added as a drop shadow or outline of the numbers on the jersey. And, change up the road unis by going with green pants instead of yellow.

Bears? Great unis. Don't think they should change 'em at all.

Archived