Vikings to get unis?

Lumbergh

IMO, other than the socks, the Bears uniform is boring.

Good for you. Several million bears fans think you're an idiot. Have a nice day.

Moose

This Packer fan does, too.

Add another "me too" to what lost_limey said above!

The only change I want to see for the Viking is using the same striping as the white jersey has on the purple.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was talking to my friend about the nfl, and he brought up that the vikes are getting new unis for 2006. At first i did'nt believe him but his brother in law works for the front office in minnesota. He said the word he got is that they are using a new version like the falcons with some modifications and simplicity. They are still keeping colors and helmets but he said to expect purple pants and cooler uniforms. Any one know anything else?

Another brilliant thread. :D 41 more replies with opinions not asked for, a Lions tangent and gerbil talk, yet not one person has bothered to answer the original question.

No, we don't know anything else. You spreading this rumor is the first we've heard of it, and many of us live in Minnesota so you think we would have heard something by now.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I was talking to my friend about the nfl, and he brought up that the vikes are getting new unis for 2006. At first i did'nt believe him but his brother in law works for the front office in minnesota. He said the word he got is that they are using a new version like the falcons with some modifications and simplicity. They are still keeping colors and helmets but he said to expect purple pants and cooler uniforms. Any one know anything else?

Another brilliant thread. :D 41 more replies with opinions not asked for

Calm down, this place is ALL about opinions. If you dont like reading opinions, then you don't belong here.

metslogo_215.gif

• 2 months later...

if the vikings change anything about their uniforms they should first change this:

vikings.png

The stripe on the linemen jersey are like two inches long and it doesn't go down much further on the back of the jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I no knowledge of this either, but it COULD happen...

Well, I guess that's if for the NFC North, the last bastion of traditional NFL uniforms. I personally blame it all on Matt Millen, surely the worst professional general manager of all time. He must have some compromising photos of the Ford family; nothing else explains his continued control of that franchise.

I guess my only option left is to become a Big 10 fan.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Saints need a total makeover. Even the fleur de lis needs to go.

Did you even read the topic title?

Yes I did, and it bored me terribly. I'm expanding the issue from within. And yes, the Saints are as bad as the old Buccaneer unis.

Yes I did, and it bored me terribly. I'm expanding the issue from within. And yes, the Saints are as bad as the old Buccaneer unis.

Then start your own damn thread about the Saints. Thread hi-jacking is just rude.

Back on the Vikes. I wouldn't mind a slight modification, but hope they stop short of a Falcons/Cards type overhaul...

Moose

I'd be very surprised if this happened this year. Back tracking on the timing for a required change (given the delay between when a team asks for a change and when the NFL allows it) means that it would have to have been floated while McCombs was trying to find a buyer. As cheap as ol' Red appeared to have been, I doubt he would have put any money into any sort of uniform modification.

It's where I sit.

You're one of those people who are never happy unless they're complaining, aren't you. <_<

Back on topic-(and avoiding the obvious bad joke about them changing to a "sailor" motif)-The Vikings look pretty good now IMO; no real need for change.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think the Vikings should add actual horns to their helmets. Same with the Eagles, Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens, and Seahawks with wings, Bears and Lions with little ears, and Dolphins with a little fin on top of their helmet. I recognize this wouldn't be safe at all, but it sure would be funny to watch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If true, thats a horrible idea. While the Vikes current look isnt perfect, its a ton better than the garbage the Falcons wear.

As usual, the throwbacks are the best option. The Vikes 60's and 70's look is what they should go back to. Not some horrid Falcons hybrid of nu-skul crap.

Archived