Vikings to get unis?

Lumbergh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Vikings should add actual horns to their helmets. Same with the Eagles, Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens, and Seahawks with wings, Bears and Lions with little ears, and Dolphins with a little fin on top of their helmet. I recognize this wouldn't be safe at all, but it sure would be funny to watch.

And browns should ditch the orange domes for ones that have humping dogs whose balls slap against the helmet.

The Vikings need a new look. I like there home uniforms fine, But there away needs purple pants, thats the only change needed

I don't think adding purple pants would work w/out a change in the away jersey, too.

The purple pants idea worked back in the old days when the white jerseys had sleeve stripes instead of the shoulder stripes they have now.

I think they'd have to change the away jerseys to look like they did back then in order for purple pants to look decent.

But that's just my opinion.

The Saints need a total makeover. Even the fleur de lis needs to go.

Did you even read the topic title?

Yes I did, and it bored me terribly. I'm expanding the issue from within. And yes, the Saints are as bad as the old Buccaneer unis.

You're one of those people who are never happy unless they're complaining, aren't you. <_<

Back on topic-(and avoiding the obvious bad joke about them changing to a "sailor" motif)-The Vikings look pretty good now IMO; no real need for change.

Keep in mind that this is the same guy that went on a rant about a 20 year old helmet decal.

No more modern Falcon crap!

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

My view on my team is that they have the best white jerseys in the league. I'd like to see the purple's match that template. I'd also like to see purple pants with the white jersey.

I am not fond of the helmet. I'd rather see the logo that is on the sleeves.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

My view on my team is that they have the best white jerseys in the league. I'd like to see the purple's match that template. I'd also like to see purple pants with the white jersey.

I think that would look weird, I like the horns, they are "Vikings" that way

256dy87.jpg

I like the falcons unis. It would be interesting to see the vikings in something modern. Oh and by the way the last thing they should do is change their helmets. they are the best in the league.

Why not update the Vikes look with a little Falcons-techno? Let's face it, the Vikings lost a lot of their personality and NFC North (Central) street cred once they moved into the Metrodome. The Lions did, too, (though Ford Field has more personailty than that Godawful Silverdome). Yet I digress.

Anyways, the Vike's current uniforms (save the road jersey) are pretty tired and could use a revamp. There's been no significant changes for years unless you count going to the funny-car metallic purple on the helmet a couple years ago and dropping the white faceguards some time during the Tommy Kramer era. Plus with the tough season they've had, why not put some distance between the '05 and '06 team image? Updates seemed to work well for the Broncos and Bucs (former division mate) in their first years, so why not give it a go?

If they really stink, they could just go retro with the '62-'64, Tarkenton-era models with the purple pants. Those rocked!

I don't know...I've always thought that the uniform mods that the Vikings made in 1996 were pretty significant:

Pre-1996:

Minnesota91.gif

1996 through present:

Minnesota96.gif

(images from Football Uniforms Past & Present)

They added Gold trim to the numbers, added the primary logo to the sleeves, changed the striping on the Purple jerseys...I would say that these are pretty major changes...

One of our local high schools does that - the Norseman (navy/burgundy) on top of a block "V". It doesn't look all that bad. That said, it wouldn't look like the Minnesota Vikings. I love the horn - the Vikes and Rams are firmly entrenched in the Top 5 NFL helmets for choosing the novel idea of foregoing the traditional insignia or monogram and putting something truly emblematic of the team on the helmet instead. Same goes for the Bengals choosing tiger stripes over a tiger head, leaping tiger, monogram "B", or anything else. That's a great way to think outside the box. I couldn't imagine the Vikings with anything else but the horns on the helmets, like the traditional images of Viking raiders had.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think the Vikings should add actual horns to their helmets.  Same with the Eagles, Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens, and Seahawks with wings, Bears and Lions with little ears, and Dolphins with a little fin on top of their helmet.  I recognize this wouldn't be safe at all, but it sure would be funny to watch.

Well, if they add the horn, they should also require the players to grow flowing blond mustaches and long, braided hair. :P

vikings_logo.gif

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

My Bad Pantone.

I totally bonked on the '96 update on the home uni. Thanks for the correction.

I think anything they do with freshen the look up, as long as they don't do something wacky and come up with a gold alternate jersey or something like that!! Can you imagine?

My view on my team is that they have the best white jerseys in the league.  I'd like to see the purple's match that template.  I'd also like to see purple pants with the white jersey.

I am not fond of the helmet.  I'd rather see the logo that is on the sleeves.

I think that would look weird, I like the horns, they are "Vikings" that way

I recently saw an old marketing piece from when the team had just come into existence. The helmet depicted in that piece looked different in that the Viking horn was situated on the helmet to look more like the secondary logo, kind of like this (I thought it looked good):

oldvikes.jpg

It's where I sit.

I think the Vikings should add actual horns to their helmets. Same with the Eagles, Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens, and Seahawks with wings, Bears and Lions with little ears, and Dolphins with a little fin on top of their helmet. I recognize this wouldn't be safe at all, but it sure would be funny to watch.

i'm sure the literal FLAME HEADS in tennessee would go over really well. i'd pay to watch those games.

I think the Vikings should add actual horns to their helmets.  Same with the Eagles, Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens, and Seahawks with wings, Bears and Lions with little ears, and Dolphins with a little fin on top of their helmet.  I recognize this wouldn't be safe at all, but it sure would be funny to watch.

i'm sure the literal FLAME HEADS in tennessee would go over really well. i'd pay to watch those games.

I think if your team is named after an animal, you should allow that specific animal to be one of the players on your team. So, maybe the Jacksonville Jaguars could have a real Jaguar at linebacker. Let's see someone run away from that!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think if your team is named after an animal, you should allow that specific animal to be one of the players on your team. So, maybe the Jacksonville Jaguars could have a real Jaguar at linebacker. Let's see someone run away from that!

I don't know about that...being a Cardinals fan myself, I can't help but think that might be a disaster. At least for us.

:P

Archived