Tampa Bay Devil Rays Name Change?

Survival79

Same with the Reds guy.

This was board post #400,000 :D

Do I win a prize? Like one of those millionth-shopper things?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because name me one other MLB city where there is one team that broadcasts their games in another teams market? (Excluding New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and the S.F. Bay area.) That is outrageous. That just pisses me off, plus the Yankees have that stupid woman on their radio broadcasts. Just another reason to hate the Yankees. :cursing:

The Braves broadcast about half of their games on TBS, and you can watch that channel anywhere in North America.

Let me clarify my statement:

Broadcast on the radio into other markets. Not where you can pick up another team's game in another city, like Milwaukee and Chicago, but has a station in that other market.

How about ...BlueSharks, TigerSharks, BullSharks, BlueFins, SandSharks, ReefSharks, CoralSharks, GreatWhites, Orcas, SeaLions. Or Bandits ala USFL team.

When the team was formed, I heard sports reports that they wanted to use StingRays as the original nickname, however, a minor league team trademarked it and so it was not available. Naiomi(spelling) did not want to pay anything for his nickname. I thought the team was in Hawaii.

Archived