CFL now doing Thanksgiving throwbacks?

Jezus_Ghoti

This weekend it's Thanksgiving in Canada. As such, there are a bunch of CFL games.

The Winnipeg Blue Bomber just unveiled their new 3rd jerseys, and there is a definite retro feel to them (although I don't know if they are based on any actual previously-worn jersey).

Here's a pic:

bombers.jpg

Will the rest of the CFL follow suit?

Saw this CFL thread, so I thought I'd throw this out...

They're showing the Hamilton/Ottawa game here in the States (TSN feed)...and I noticed that the 'Gades are wearing red jerseys...

New alts?

As for those Winnipeg unis...they got a simple look to em...not too bad I guess

They're showing the Hamilton/Ottawa game here in the States (TSN feed)...and I noticed that the 'Gades are wearing red jerseys...

New alts?

The Renegades started wearing the reds on Canada Day. I am beginning to think they have worn the reds just as much as the blacks this season.....

New alts?

The Renegades started wearing the reds on Canada Day. I am beginning to think they have worn the reds just as much as the blacks this season.....

Ah...thanks for clearing that up...

Wasn't sure about that, so I'd thought I'd ask :lol:

This weekend it's Thanksgiving in Canada. As such, there are a bunch of CFL games.

The Winnipeg Blue Bomber just unveiled their new 3rd jerseys, and there is a definite retro feel to them (although I don't know if they are based on any actual previously-worn jersey).

Here's a pic:

bombers.jpg

Will the rest of the CFL follow suit?

The number font is an homage to the uniforms they wore in the 1950s, I suppose. Here is their team photo from 1958, and a photo of Winnipeg vs. the Tiger-Cats (in all gold) from the same year's Grey Cup game.

50419183_bebd082a34.jpg

12572201_1d2034480a.jpg

Bud Grant, who'd later coach the Minnesota Vikings, was their head coach back then. I believe that's Bud at the far left of the 2nd row from the top in the team photo.

Archived