• Created
  • Last Reply
looky, looky.

J.J. Reddick.

I HATE HIM. :cursing::cursing:

DUCK FUKE.

70_BooDukeLogo.jpg

Now to the uniform...

Um, what is the phrase I am looking for...

Oh, yeah.

THEY SUCK. IT LOOKS BAD ON THE UNIFORM. STICK TO THE ORIGINAL.

I need to see the whole set to pass judgement.

But, seriously, SHRINK YOUR SIG!!!!!

VmWIn6B.png

Since I can't see the whole shirt, I will not rush to judgement, but that is not a good looking start.

Has black and royal blue ever worked for anyone? It looks terrible on the Mets, Knicks and Royals

The NY-NJ Hitmen!

hitmen_uniforms.gif

(thanks SSUR)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

[Coach K]I love Duke[/Coach K]

But, good Lord do I hate what I've seen of this jersey...The home whites were the only thing left that had survived the black attack.

I always though of JJ Redick as a damn good basketball player. Wasn't he an all-American?

Oh yeah, dude, you've got to get a handle on that sig, it's absolutely out-of-fluffing-control... :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Since I can't see the whole shirt, I will not rush to judgement, but that is not a good looking start.

Has black and royal blue ever worked for anyone?  It looks terrible on the Mets, Knicks and Royals

The NY-NJ Hitmen!

The Hitmen was kinda sorta funny. Black and blue... hitmen... I get it.

But in real life and in the world of fashion, black and royal blue do not and should not go together. Why people think adding a splash of black to a team's color palette is a magical formula to boost sales is mind-numbing.

And I will not delve into my long-version rant about why Nike and the rest need to stop f***ing with things as steeped in tradition as school colors. Here's the Cliffs Notes version: colors based on decades/centuries of tradition; alums will wear all kinds of ridiculous color combos because dammit they went there and have the papers to prove it; bandwagons fans should not be catered to; school colors should not be prostituted to the highest bidder, nor should they be subjected to adding whatever this year's "hot color" is. Big Finish: STOP F***ING WITH SCHOOL COLORS. They're not always fashion-friendly, or nice to look at, but they are what they are, for the reasons that they are what they are. And those colors mean something special to the people who wear those colors, so stop trying to make them hip or trendy. Duke did well for decades with simple, classic blue and white. So sayeth the fight songs and alma mater.

Oh yeah... GO TO HELL DUKE! (GO HEELS!)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What's the big deal? It looks like just a little black trim. By adding black to the home whites, Duke adds some consistency between home and road uniforms. I've seen versions of the logo where the Devil is rendered in black, on top of the blue D, so adding black is not that farfetched an idea.

Color plays an important role in the consistent use of the identity. Two colors have been designated as official colors: Duke Blue (PMS 287) and Black.

So there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I agree with JP on the consistancy issue. Once they did it on the blues, they needed to do it on the whites. I think it could have been done better on the blues, but it looks okay.

My hope here (well, to be honest, I don't care if Duke looks like crap too much) is that the main side stripe is still blue, but the seperated outline that used to also be blue is now black. I think they can pull that off.

looky, looky.

J.J. Reddick.

I HATE HIM. :cursing::cursing:

DUCK FUKE.

70_BooDukeLogo.jpg

Now to the uniform...

Oh, yeah.

THEY SUCK. IT LOOKS BAD ON THE UNIFORM. STICK TO THE ORIGINAL.

Chill out with that sig. That's humongous.

looky, looky.

J.J. Reddick.

I HATE HIM.  :cursing:  :cursing:

DUCK FUKE.

70_BooDukeLogo.jpg

Now to the uniform...

Oh, yeah.

THEY SUCK. IT LOOKS BAD ON THE UNIFORM.  STICK TO THE ORIGINAL.

I'm gonna pile on here.

Duke can suck it and your sig is too fluffing huge.

6uXNWAo.png

I agree with JP on the consistancy issue. Once they did it on the blues, they needed to do it on the whites.

I'm all for consistency, but it never should have been on the blue set to begin with. I also couldn't give a damn about what Duke looks like but they ruined a nice-looking blue/white scheme by adding black unnecessarily - perhaps in some vain attempt to attract more merchandising sales at the start of the "add black and someone'll buy it, nevermind tradition or commonsense" movement. If your program is good enough, it'll draw fans who spend their cash on your stuff. I mean, millions of Miami fans walk around in green and orange and feel OK about themselves. But Duke catered to the shills at Nike who told them more people would like them if they added black. And that's the problem; adding black to the home set proves the old axiom "two wrongs don't make a right".

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I agree with JP on the consistancy issue. Once they did it on the blues, they needed to do it on the whites.

I'm all for consistency, but it never should have been on the blue set to begin with. I also couldn't give a damn about what Duke looks like but they ruined a nice-looking blue/white scheme by adding black unnecessarily - perhaps in some vain attempt to attract more merchandising sales at the start of the "add black and someone'll buy it, nevermind tradition or commonsense" movement. If your program is good enough, it'll draw fans who spend their cash on your stuff. I mean, millions of Miami fans walk around in green and orange and feel OK about themselves. But Duke catered to the shills at Nike who told them more people would like them if they added black. And that's the problem; adding black to the home set proves the old axiom "two wrongs don't make a right".

:notworthy:

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It would be unacceptable if the official colors were blue and white, but they aren't; they are blue, black, and white. Duke did no wrong by adding an official school color to it's uniform. Whether it looks better or not is to be decided, but it certainly isn't change for change's sake or change to boost revenue. They get enough revenue from tuition rates Donald Trump would struggle to pay.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived