Teams that should NEVER change their uniforms

I don't know if this thread has been done before. But this is a list of teams I feel should never change their current uniforms. (Alt's excluded)

NFL: Chiefs, Radiers, Packers, Bears, Colts, Browns, Steelers.

NHL: Canadiens, Red Wings, Rangers, Black Hawks .

MLB: Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Braves, Dodgers, Tigers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is not a team that exists that is untouchable. It's just that some teams would have to have a really kick ass design in order to switch.

i completely disagree.

there is absolutely no design on earth that would be awesome enough to justify killing the traditional garb of the montreal canadiens. it may look great, but it wouldn't be the habs, without those uniforms.

unless of course you're just talking tweaks... because even the packers can (and have) tweaked striping patterns and things in their history... the colts have altered their shades of blue... things like that are fine.

NHL

detroit red wings

i didnt mention the blackhawks, canadiens, and rangers because each of them could stand some minor changes. the hawks need to make the black alts the primary home jersey, the habs need to bring the white throaback from the 03-04 season back as the primary road jersey (with slight modifications to match the red roads), and the rangers need to seperate the stripes on their blue shirts to match the whites.

MLB

new york yankees

boston red sox

chicago white sox

detroit tigers

chicago cubs

los angeles dodgers

san francisco giants

st. louis cardinals

NBA

boston celtics

NFL

green bay pakers

chicago bears

oakland raiders

There is not a team that exists that is untouchable.  It's just that some teams would have to have a really kick ass design in order to switch.

i completely disagree.

there is absolutely no design on earth that would be awesome enough to justify killing the traditional garb of the montreal canadiens. it may look great, but it wouldn't be the habs, without those uniforms.

unless of course you're just talking tweaks... because even the packers can (and have) tweaked striping patterns and things in their history... the colts have altered their shades of blue... things like that are fine.

It's amazing how people feel that their team is untouchable. It's such a crock. As for the Canadiens, I see them in the same way I see the NFL Browns. What could you do to change it? Sure they're ugly and/or boring. That's why I said the design would have to be really kick ass (or radical) to consider making a switch.

People bitched about the Broncos switch, too. Now, it is much more acceptible.

NHL

detroit red wings

i didnt mention the blackhawks, canadiens, and rangers because each of them could stand some minor changes. the hawks need to make the black alts the primary home jersey, the habs need to bring the white throaback from the 03-04 season back as the primary road jersey (with slight modifications to match the red roads), and the rangers need to seperate the stripes on their blue shirts to match the whites.

MLB

new york yankees

boston red sox

chicago white sox

detroit tigers

chicago cubs

los angeles dodgers

san francisco giants

st. louis cardinals

NBA

boston celtics

NFL

green bay pakers

chicago bears

oakland raiders

I agree, minus a few other tweaks:

Yankees-standardize the NY, use cursive script on road

Tigers-standardize the D

Dodgers-put the names back on

Giants-possibly use the home font on the roads

Cardinals-possibly use "St. Louis" on the roads

Tigers-standardize the D

I agree with all, but also add names to the Yankees.

NHL

detroit red wings

MLB

new york yankees

boston red sox

chicago white sox

detroit tigers

chicago cubs

los angeles dodgers

san francisco giants

st. louis cardinals

NBA

boston celtics

NFL

green bay pakers

chicago bears

oakland raiders

Tigers-standardize the D

all very good points. can't say i disagree on any of them.

the hawks need to make the black alts the primary home jersey

Wha-wha-WHAAAAAAAAT? The best uniform in sports. Anywhere. Ever. Is the Blackawks red. The black is marginally attractive, but doesn't hold a candle (or even a frigging flashlight) to the red. You kiddin' me?!?

Deeming something untouchable is crap. Certain unis should only be tweaked, but tweaking is important.

Look at my St. Louis teams.

You've got the Cardinals who are making a lot of these lists. Well, I'll say the birds on the bat should always be on the chest, and the STL should always be on the hat. However, if they keep doing what they've been doing for most of their entire existance, that'll be awesome. Of course what I'm refering to is keeping their jerseys modern looking by updating the birds and the STL. It's kept them always looking sharp. It's why I believe they had the best TATC unis...they were robotic looking birds on the bat...keeping in line with what they've been doing.

Then you've got the Blues. While I think they do currently have a jersey that they shouldn't mess with, what I'm refering to really is the logo. IMO, the Bluenote should be untouchable as their logo, but not completely. It has undergone tons of tweaks, and probably will in the future. That's fine, keeping it looking sharp, but just let it always be the bluenote.

The Rams are a little lesser of this category, but IMO, their helmet is untouchable. As they change their colors, they can change, and their unis have changed, but you've always gotta have the horns on the helmet. It can survive tweaking, but it's that basic element that is untouchable.

the hawks need to make the black alts the primary home jersey

Wha-wha-WHAAAAAAAAT? The best uniform in sports. Anywhere. Ever. Is the Blackawks red. The black is marginally attractive, but doesn't hold a candle (or even a frigging flashlight) to the red. You kiddin' me?!?

lets see.....they are the blackhawks. imo if a team name includes a colour then that colour has to be the primary colour. also, the red blackhawks jersey isn't consistant at all with the white. the black is. so as i see it the black beats the red on two counts.

oh, and the red blackhawks sweater is far from the best jersey in hockey (that would be the red habs jersey), let alone sports.

Archived