Teams that should NEVER change their uniforms

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I guess they do have to clean up the different shades of silver and blue(the Cowboys that is). Am I alone on this one as well I like the silver blue or silver green shade of pants they wear with the white jerseys. i also like the royal blue they use on the white jerseys ...maybe they could use that color for the road jerseys too.

untouchables in the NFL are the Raiders,Chiefs,Cowboys,Steelers,Packers and Bears.

I disagree. The Cowboys need to do something with the 495838 shades of blue they use.

Just take it out and go to the alternates as full-time unis.

Yeah I guess they do have to clean up the different  shades of silver and blue(the Cowboys that is). Am I alone on this one as well I like the silver blue or silver green shade of pants they wear with the white jerseys. i also like the royal blue they use on the white jerseys ...maybe they could use that color for the road jerseys  too.

Everytime I see their pants I think of the SNL skit with Christopher Walkin where he tries to seduce the women in his apartment by constantly asking her if she wants some fine "Champagne" (He says it like Chammpanya" though :lol: )

untouchables in the NFL are the Raiders,Chiefs,Cowboys,Steelers,Packers and Bears.

I disagree. The Cowboys need to do something with the 495838 shades of blue they use.

Just take it out and go to the alternates as full-time unis.

Good call, but I don't see the Cowboys ditching silver, ever.

6uXNWAo.png

I thought there were 79,836 shades of silver and gray for their jerseys.

:P

I'm biased but I think the Florida Panthers really do have a great logo. I wouldn't want to see them change that.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'm biased but I think the Florida Panthers really do have a great logo. I wouldn't want to see them change that.

The Panthers logo is great, but I think they could do better on the jerseys, maybe update it a lil bit.

6uXNWAo.png

I thought there were 79,836 shades of silver and gray for their jerseys.

:P

Yes, just stick with navy and ditch the green-silver. Standardizing the white and navy jerseys couldn't hurt.

VmWIn6B.png

I don't know if this thread has been done before. But this is a list of teams I feel should never change their current uniforms. (Alt's excluded)

NFL: Chiefs, Radiers, Packers, Bears, Colts, Browns, Steelers.

NHL: Canadiens, Red Wings, Rangers, Black Hawks .

MLB: Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Braves, Dodgers, Tigers.

I agree to a certain extent on this. I say certain extent because of tweaks that could be done. For example:

Colts need to stretch those stripes down to the armpits.

Steelers should go back to block numbers.

I've never been a fan of the Rangers uniforms, so I would probably leave the Rangers off. But I do know it's a classic uniform, so maybe I wouldn't touch it.

Yankees should go back to the road uniform worn in the early 1960s.

Tigers have a road uniform that isn't the greatest. Like the Yankees, though, their home unis shouldn't change. Except ...

... I still believe all baseball teams should have the names on the backs. Including the Yankees, and especially the Dodgers.

There is not a team that exists that is untouchable. It's just that some teams would have to have a really kick ass design in order to switch.

I agree 100%

We just get used to seeing uniforms for so long we feel they are untouchable. In 50 years (if we still have pro sports franchises), damn near every jersey and even most logos will be different. The only constant in life is that things change...deal.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm biased but I think the Florida Panthers really do have a great logo.  I wouldn't want to see them change that.

The Panthers logo is great, but I think they could do better on the jerseys, maybe update it a lil bit.

the only update they need is to make red the primary instead of the blue

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Really here's how I look at it...I wouldnt say anyone is untouchable, but most teams do a pretty good job with their logos. Here is who I think has a bad enough logo that they should think of revisions. As far as I'm concerned if a team isn't on here then they're generally good enough and really have no need to change or really just can't do much better....

NHL

Sabres - it's cool but it doesn't look like a sabre

Thrashers - it's just weird

Hurricanes - I never really was into it

Capitals - use the Eagle more no the building

Blue Jackets - even the name is stupid so whatever

Canucks - looks like a 4 year old drew it

MLB

Blue Jays - what is that crap?

Devil Rays - see above

Padres - I don't like the new style at all

Brewers - it's okay...let's see what they're coming out with

NFL

Lions - just go back to pre-black and I'm quite happy

Seahawks - just go back to your other color scheme

Titans - I think this could be re-done pretty nicely

Texans - Actually, I like the logo, but I don't like the unis

Bengals - use the tiger not a really big B

Giants - I liked GIANTS better than NY

NBA

Jazz - Just makes me go HUH?

76ers - Get rid of the black

Nets - Not sure just don't really dig it

Wizards - the name is kinda dumb so what do you expect

Bobcats - they could have done better I think

Suns - it's sorta like the 90's version but I liked the 90s version better

Warriors - probably one of the worst logos around

Jprmets - they ruined the nice look Charlotte had

spacer.png

That's because ther is two different sets of pants they use. One is a silver blue/silver green they use with the white jerseys and then there is more of a true silver they use with the navy blue jerseys

I'm not talking about the away pants, only the ones they wear with the whites. They do look diff in diff settings. They're chameleon pants.

Actually I do know what you mean. When they play at Texas Stadium the pants seem to have the silver green look.When they play outside of Texas stadium during the day time they have a silver blue look and when they play on the road at night they do have more of a regular silver look. This is of course referring to the silver pants they wear with the white jerseys(just so we are all on the same page).

lets see.....they are the blackhawks. imo if a team name includes a colour then that colour has to be the primary colour. .

The name has nothing to do with the color black. They were named after Chief Black Hawk, whose image is on the jerseys.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Actually I do know what you mean. When they play at Texas Stadium the pants seem to have the silver green look.When they play outside of Texas stadium during the day time they have a silver blue look and when they play on the road at night they do have more of a regular silver look. This is of course referring to the silver pants they wear with the white jerseys(just so we are all on the same page).

Dallas in daylight looks light blue to aqua-green:

235-406-42-15709934.jpg

235-421-42-15846971.jpg

235-726-164668948760.jpg

But under the artificial lights, they look dramatically bluer:

235-476-DWF15-429455.jpg

Why would the SAME pants looks so different in so many settings? I can't think of another team with magical pants like this.

Archived