no black for the Jags

In 5..4..3..2..1

Let me preface this by saying that the monochrome black look is less than desireable to watch. But I think for the Ravens (and only the Ravens) all-black works. I think it fits in well with the team mentality, the player mentality, and the image that the organiztion tries to convey. Sometimes (and I emphasize sometimes) fitting a team persona is more important than looking good.

*Gets of soapbox*

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I think it fits in well with the team mentality, the player mentality, and the image that the organiztion tries to convey.

1JS.jpg

well then i suppose these would make the best possible ravens alternate jersey? :)

Well Del Rio just got my vote for NFL coach of the year on that decision alone. God those uniforms are awful. All the monochrome uniforms are awful. They look like High School teams.

Good thinking Jack Del Rio. Now please give Buffalo, The Jets, and Seattle a call. :D

BB52Big.jpg

The jags in all black is the only monochrome look i like in the nfl. i also usually hate it when teams introduce black alternates because there are so many teams that wear black as it is but the jags are the only ones that don't aggravate me when they do it. I'm not a fan of teal really and think they look better. oh well.

The ravens have the absolute worst all black look, imho.

I think the people who don't like the monochromes are just a little too old fashion. I don't think teams should wear them all the time, but just to have something different.

Black Jerseys don't belong to everyone, but if the team naturally has black as a color, then they probably should be able to use it as an alternate.

I do like the idea of the jags or the ravens using the black jerseys with white pants. Its a little more traditional. But i think you have to keep up with the times of uniforms.

I guess theres just a time and place for everything, but i like the black and monochromes as alternates.

Black Jerseys don't belong to everyone, but if the team naturally has black as a color, then they probably should be able to use it as an alternate.

But that's the problem - a lot of teams don't traditionally use black in their color schemes. Then they add it. A year or two later, it overwhelms the whole uniform and thus a black jersey is born.

The Detroit Lions have been around since 1934, and did fine without even a hint of black for years. Then they added it - facemasks, number outlines, sleeve stripe. Now, they have a black alt.

The Philadelphia Eagles have been around since 1933. The only black they ever had was outlining the numbers during the Buddy Ryan years (late 1980s). Then when Jeffrey Lurie bought the team and he broke out the midnight green uniforms, black was just an outline color. Then it found its way onto the pants, and became the drop shadows for the numbers. And now, voila - a black alternate jersey.

Neither one of these teams used black much, if at all, for 70 years. Now they have an entire black jersey.

I do like the idea of the jags or the ravens using the black jerseys with white pants. Its a little more traditional. But i think you have to keep up with the times of uniforms.

The Ravens wearing black is fine by me, especially with white pants. And the Jags? Meh, I'm ambivalent. But the all-black look is ripped off from "Any Given Sunday", and it doesn't look NFL-professional. It looks like a contrived Hollywood look IMO.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Raven's all-black look is great for an alt. It's one of the best alts in the league. And who cares if the Jags don't wear all black this week, they will wear it SOMETIME this season, you've got to market the merchandise somehow. I also agree that I would like to see the Black Jags alt with the white pants, something tells me that it would be a good look for them. The Eagles have no use for a black jersey, but the most useless is easily the Lions. Black is a nice outline for the numbers and sleeves, but it IS NOT the team color for either team:

williamscombo.jpg

:puke:

That is just wrong on so many levels.....

djqman69 read the link on the second post the Jags wil not be wearing the the all black or the black jersey at all this year. On that note I was thinking the Jags should stick with using teal more. Teal jerseys white pants at home and break out those never before used teal pants with the white jerseys on the road. One minor change would be to make the home white pants stripeless to match the road teal ones with just the Jaguar logo on each hip. Any thoughts? By the way you can still sell the black jerseys as fashion jerseys just don't wear that crap on the field.

Archived