no black for the Jags

In 5..4..3..2..1

The Philadelphia Eagles have been around since 1933. The only black they ever had was outlining the numbers during the Buddy Ryan years (late 1980s).

There was a time during the white-helmet era that they had black outlines around the wings. I think this only lasted one season.

This is a highly debated subject among uniform enthusiasts, as there really aren't many good pictures that prove the existense of the outline. From the ones I've seen, it looks like there was definately a black outline. However, I've seen photos supposedly from the same year where it is very difficult to tell. I think I had this conversation before with PANTONE on a different board, it was a long time ago, and I forget. Maybe he could shed some light if he's paying attention to this thread.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

BringBackBackTheVet would'nt you agree there is no need for the Eagles to have a black alt. considering how dark the midnight green jerseys are to begin with? Hey what do you think of my proposal for tweeking the Jags set?

Oh, I totally agree that there is no need for the Eagles to have a black alt. I don't think it looks bad (as a fashion jersey) but there is no justifiable reason for it to be worn on the field. I think in order to market authentic jerseys, they have to actually be worn on-field, so as long as people keep shelling out $260 for a black jersey, they'll keep wearing them.

I was only trying to point out a little-known fact to VD (in fact, a fact that may not be factual at all, but nobody really knows.)

I have posted here before that the Jags would look great with their black helmet, white jersey, teal pants combo. However, I do not like the stripeless look of the pants, so that would have to be worked on.

Going down a whole other street, I wouldn't mind seeing them downplay the black, and up-play their gold, and maybe experiment with gold (yellow) helmet / pants combos. Maybe it wouldn't work very well on the field, but in my head it looks great. Teal / gold is a nice combo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it fits in well with the team mentality, the player mentality, and the image that the organiztion tries to convey.

1JS.jpg

well then i suppose these would make the best possible ravens alternate jersey? :)

:D

Seeing as how they acted like thugs the whole game yesterday, that uniform is mighty appropriate.

I think it fits in well with the team mentality, the player mentality, and the image that the organiztion tries to convey.

1JS.jpg

well then i suppose these would make the best possible ravens alternate jersey? :)

Well yes ideally, but then you would have to add orange to the color scheme and Baltimore would have a FIT if they were renamed the County Jail Birds.

:D

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived