NHL

EagleFan344

I have heard rumors that Dallas is ditching their ugly alternate jersey after this season.

Funny... I've heard rumours that every nhl team is ditching their alternates after this season *mouth shut* :D

And adopting newly restyled form-fitting home and road jerseys perchance Chris? ^_^

liverpool-1.png

I have heard rumors that Dallas is ditching their ugly alternate jersey after this season.

Funny... I've heard rumours that every nhl team is ditching their alternates after this season *mouth shut* :D

O.K. guess we have to get the crowbar again... :P

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

. . . and going back to white at home and dark on the road??? :therock:

6uXNWAo.png

i've also heard that... that every team is getting a complete redesign... but your source is no doubt much more legit than mine. lol...

either way, it sounds silly, but if montreal, chicago, detroit don't have the traditional striping of their old sweaters, i'm going to be upset....

very..

and yeah, dallas is ditching those terrible alternates as soon as possible. they're required to wear them this season, but since the fans hate them so much, they're going to wear them the absolutely minimum times required. not sure how many times that will be, but i've heard it might be as low as only 3 times.

wow, if they get a complete league overhaul like the CFL did, i will cry.

there are jerseys that are meant not to be touched, in fact, i wouldn't touch most of the ones in the NHL, and only 1-3 teams would get a complete overhaul. if anything, just minor MINOR changes to the majority, like the CFL with the eskimos only getting very slight changes.

Well they all ditched them last year :D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

vancouver is wearing their throwbacks a few times this season

what ones? pic?

You'd wanna hope it was the old Stick-&-Rink-making-a-C blue, green and white ones (and not the "V" ones or the shiny skate on fire eyesore).

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

Ok first off Canucks C Rink... eh no.

Secondly, yeah I can agree with what Chris is er... um... isn't saying. :hockeysmiley:

Rumor is also that the Sharks may wear their alts a minimum amount of games because the design was one that was requested by former coach Darryl Sutter, who wanted a black jersey in 1997-98 when the Sharks unveiled the thirds which became their home and road.

To what I know and if everything is the same from 03-04, teams can wear their third jerseys a minimum of 8 times, with the maximum 15 times. I believe the Vintage Series goes 2 or 3 games max, if continued, which everyone excited about the C-Rink jerseys is a reality.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Any new alts or throwbacks this year?

That's what I love about this board. Fifteen replies full of opinons not asked for, vauge rumors & wild speculation, yet nobody has actually answered the original post with a simple "No."

:hockeysmiley:

Nothing new this year. Too many other issues to deal with.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

That's what I love about this board. Fifteen replies full of opinons not asked for, vauge rumors & wild speculation, yet nobody has actually answered the original post with a simple "No."

JeffB

I responded

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

JeffB

I responded

And I saw the info in several places, and it is their original design, minus the "V" on the sleeve stripes--which they also wore a few times last time the NHL played games.

And I like them...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm surprised no team has new unis. With all the changes in the league, you'd think there'd be a lot of new looks.

It's probably for the best that no team broke out new threads for the relaunch season. After a year off the ice and out of the public conscience, the NHL needs to re-establish the identities of their teams, and a little continuity makes more sense. In all but the most die-hard hockey markets, these teams have been left for dead; a new look could do more harm than good when trying to reconnect to a disenchanted fan base.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived