From concept to reality

RyanB06

It isn't often that we have a chance to make our concepts into reality, but I had that opportunity recently, and I wanted to share the final product with the board.

First off, some background.

My family has been active (more or less) in the Middlesex Youth Hockey Organization, based out of Middletown, CT, for the better part of 20 years. My brother played for their teams until he was 16, and my family has developed multiple friendships within the group as a result.

Ten years ago, a player named Darryl Siegleski collapsed on the ice during a game and later died. (You can read more about him, and the scholarship named in his honor,

here.) About two months ago, a friend of the family's in the organization approached me about possibly creating a memorial patch.

Naturally, I jumped at the chance. After several conversations with one of the league's higher-ups (and a few tweaks), this was the final proposed design:

siegleski.jpg

The design was approved and patches were ordered. Here's how the final physical patch looks:

HPIM0678.jpg

I've been told the entire Midget (ages 16-18) team will be wearing these patches for the full season, and some teams on the lower levels may do so as well.

When I get a picture of the patch on a uniform, I'll post it, too.

:hockeysmiley:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Well done, looks great. Congrats on seeing your ideas in a tangible form...it must be very exciting!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Nice work - great looking patch. Congrats!!! Nice to see concept go into Reality!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived