College Football Week 6

footballfiji

Syracuse in the white tops and white pants. Earlier vs. WVU in their opener the wore white tops orange pants

4973586_7_1.jpg

Not really a change but a way that lighting and photography can change the color of a uniform to the eye. This is an AP pic of Northwestern and although they wear all purple it looks (to me at least) very Royal blue in this pic:

4974040_7_1.jpg

BYU has some kind of pride stickers and they don't look like the "little Ys" they used to have:

4974976_7_2.jpg

Kentucky in white tops white pants:

4974246_7_1.jpg

Vandy's gold jerseys not really matching the gold helmets:

4974518_7_1.jpg

Another pic of the Hawai'i road silvers (which in my opinion need some trim color those, along with UCF's gold tops and UT's orange tops, are some the hardest to read jerseys in College Football)

4974964_7_1.jpg

ECU has another pride sticker (they used to have swords, now it looks like they have jolly rogers or something else).

4974538_7_1.jpg

But also notice the hurricane warning decal. I think, but am not sure, that this is a C-USA wide decal. I've seen USM, Marshall, Houston and some others with the sticker. However when I saw this pic from Tulsa I thought about something:

4974968_7_1.jpg

Notice the logo on the pants? I know that Tulsa is the Golden Hurricane and one of its logo's are the warning flags behind the Tulsa wordmark. However, if they have the same helmet decal on the back of their helmets then couldn't some fans see it as another team decal and not a rememberance decal?

Notice the logo on the pants? I know that Tulsa is the Golden Hurricane and one of its logo's are the warning flags behind the Tulsa wordmark. However, if they have the same helmet decal on the back of their helmets then couldn't some fans see it as another team decal and not a rememberance decal?

The C-USA flags are perfect squares, if they're all wearing the stickers that ECU was wearing on their helmets. The Tulsa logo is slanted ever so slightly, and the flags appear to be flapping in the breeze. And the Tulsa logo has a flagpole IIRC. Close but slightly different, probably different enough. And the C-USA stickers may have wording on them, I cannot tell from the pictures.

In addition to whatever the BYU merit stickers are, they award gold stars for academic excellence.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Illinois wore navy pants with their white jerseys.

9-lg.jpg

This is the first time I've seen the navy pants in quite a few years, but I don't get to watch even a high percentage of their games, so I don't know when the last time they actually wore them was.

Be interesting to see which pair of pants they wear if they ever break out the orange alts. I'd prefer they go all orange, but this might be an interesting though to do it with navy pants.

I certainly don't like the navy pants with white jerseys much though. Don't think I'd like the navy pants with the navy jerseys either.

The BYU merit stickers are little cougar heads, and, although I haven't seen them, I'm guessing they're the same as the ones used pre-1995. Also, I believe the gold academic merit stickers are also cougar heads as well.

Here's a pic of what the stickers used to look like.

ty-detmer.jpg

The cougar head actually looked something like this (of course without the wordmark and in one tone blue):

logo_stleonard.gif

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

9-lg.jpg

These players' knee pads aren't protecting their knees. Aren't football pants supposed to extend below the knee, so the pad can cover them?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

9-lg.jpg

This is the first time I've seen the navy pants in quite a few years, but I don't get to watch even a high percentage of their games, so I don't know when the last time they actually wore them was.

Be interesting to see which pair of pants they wear if they ever break out the orange alts. I'd prefer they go all orange, but this might be an interesting though to do it with navy pants.

I certainly don't like the navy pants with white jerseys much though. Don't think I'd like the navy pants with the navy jerseys either.

The Illini actually wear the navys on the road a few times a year. Last year there was a little distraction with the all orange highway work suits and they wore the orange pants more often on the road.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

4974518_7_1.jpg

The fact that Vandy's jersey is such a different color than the helmet is fugly. They really have to work on that. Plus, why not black pants last night? With LSU's standard yellow, it looked like two teams with the same colors playing each other. Vandy needs to stick with the black jersey. Nobody is intimidated by them, so they might as well look kind of "tough". Gold looks soft.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

9-lg.jpg

The Illini actually wear the navys on the road a few times a year. Last year there was a little distraction with the all orange highway work suits and they wore the orange pants more often on the road.

Growing up I remember them rarely breaking out the navy pants. It was something they held back for "special" games. Like the win @ michigan about 8 years ago. Sometimes they never wore the navy pants at all. I think at max they wear them once a year, if not less.

9-lg.jpg

Growing up I remember them rarely breaking out the navy pants. It was something they held back for "special" games. Like the win @ michigan about 8 years ago. Sometimes they never wore the navy pants at all. I think at max they wear them once a year, if not less.

Syracuse in the white tops and white pants. Earlier vs. WVU in their opener the wore white tops orange pants

4973586_7_1.jpg

I noticed something about SU's jerseys...

They took the names off for this one...

Before this one, the last time they wore the whites (at FSU), they had names on the back...but Friday? No names.

Then again, with the way they played against UConn, if I were an SU fan, I'd wish these guys would be anonymous too :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Finally have a game-pic of the new Utah State decal

IMG_0375.jpg

thanks to trueaggies.com for the image

looking forward to seeing these in person when the Aggies come callin' to T-Town. Roll Tide

Also an observation on Vandy's unis...the blacks are sharp and they should wear these all the time. I love the black Vandy uniforms and even the road unis are good looking, but I agree, the gold needs to at least match. Vandy has some of the best uni's in the SEC.

4974518_7_1.jpg

The fact that Vandy's jersey is such a different color than the helmet is fugly. They really have to work on that. Plus, why not black pants last night? With LSU's standard yellow, it looked like two teams with the same colors playing each other. Vandy needs to stick with the black jersey. Nobody is intimidated by them, so they might as well look kind of "tough". Gold looks soft.

It's all in the lighting...

Om34.jpg

Archived