Redesigning the Big East

HarperK

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SYRACUSE:

PROS - you used the "SU" logo, which I liked and they really never gave a chance IMO. I like it better than the block "S", which looks like Stanford, (Michigan) State and a few other schools. Nobody else had that "SU"... there are elements on the orange jersey done in navy without a white outline, which looks hypersharp on the hoops uniforms from last year (I hope they don't tinker with them...)... I even like the piping, and I usually don't on football uniforms.

CONS - you lost the "UCLA" over-the-shoulder stripes they put on this year's uniforms... I'd rather see the "Syracuse" font (check the hoops uniforms) rather than break out another new font - for the sake of uniformity, and those Syracuse letters/numbers looked really sharp... white helmets? For the Orange? Dunno 'bout that...

All in all, it's OK, but I wouldn't say I'm crazy about it. Good start though.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Are all of your concepts going to have white helmets?  :D

well, 'cuse DID sport white helmets for a lil while back in the day...with a little "SU" inside a blue football... plus i have a thing for white helmets:) ...i was gonna see how it looked with the all orange helmet too,later on..

And being a long time cuse fan (since late Marvin Graves era), i just HATE the new unis...i think they are one of the ugliest in the NCAA. i know that theyre starting a new era with a new coach, and a fairly new AD also, but damn i hate 'em...the ucla stripes dont fit the cuse, maybe its the colors or what, but i hate em...oh yeah did i mention i hate them?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Shouldn't the concepts be judged on what's actually there instead of how much it does/doesn't look like the current uniform? If he put what most people seem to want, it would look just like the uni they have now and what's the fun in that? :D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Does anyone know what font that is (or if it's a custom job)? It kind of looks like a bold Agency, but that can't be it.

BTW, that concept is nice. It would look great on the field. I think the numbers are damn near perfect and I'm digging the socks/shoes combination.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

at least you didn't put navy numbers on the orange jersey :D

I woulda gone with an orange helmet and had blue pants as at least alt pants, but this is well done.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

at least you didn't put navy numbers on the orange jersey :D

I woulda gone with an orange helmet and had blue pants as at least alt pants, but this is well done.

thanks, i appreciate it...i should start adding a 3rd alternate home jersey to my temp...

Does anyone know what font that is (or if it's a custom job)? It kind of looks like a bold Agency, but that can't be it.

BTW, that concept is nice. It would look great on the field. I think the numbers are damn near perfect and I'm digging the socks/shoes combination.

yeah the font is damn near identical to the font they used to feature more before the new logo

Looks good. I have to agree they need to have Orange Helmets. I did like the SU that they went to and never gave a chance to catch on, you need to be patient with these things. Can't wait to see more, especially WVU. Good Work!

bonus points for using the Preds font, it fits here...flag on the play for using Northeastern's husky instead of UConn's. That, and black and navy together isnt' exactly the best color combo out there, either silver or red would work better as either of those colors are usually used as accents in UConn uniforms.

edit: an unimportant but notable thing I see, the manufacturer's logo usually isn't THAT big :blink: last time I saw it that big on a piece of clothing was on them sandals with the nubs every other person has :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I love the 'Cuse one...blue and orange is my favorite color combo, and you executed it well. The Uconn one isn't doing much for me, well, the black isn't. I'd say to stick with navy and red for the UConn color scheme. Other than that, I like it. Can't wait to see what you do with Pitt.

There is potential here, but there is the need for major retooling.

'Scrim beat me to it, but blue and black don't go well together, ever. And the darker the blue, the worse the clash. You have navy and black. They're just different enough from each other to look really bad.

A single red stripe on the helmet would look sharp; it works for the NY Giants. Also, a red "U" would look great on both the helmet logo and the jersey wordmark. On the white jersey, you can't see the Predators-like effects, because you have navy numbers outlined in black. The unique thing about the numbers is lost!

A red or white facemask would work, but again, there is no good reason to add black where it need not be. This is a grievous problem and it really draws away from your concept, which could be great.

The UConn Husky is a great logo that is one of the most recognizable in all of the NCAA. Why get rid of it at all, especially to use a neighboring school's logo? That's incomprehensible.

Some calves on your models might be nice as well... looks a little Invisibile Man without something between the knees and ankles, especially since there's definition to suggest ankles.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

There is potential here, but there is the need for major retooling.

'Scrim beat me to it, but blue and black don't go well together, ever. And the darker the blue, the worse the clash. You have navy and black. They're just different enough from each other to look really bad.

A single red stripe on the helmet would look sharp; it works for the NY Giants. Also, a red "U" would look great on both the helmet logo and the jersey wordmark. On the white jersey, you can't see the Predators-like effects, because you have navy numbers outlined in black. The unique thing about the numbers is lost!

A red or white facemask would work, but again, there is no good reason to add black where it need not be. This is a grievous problem and it really draws away from your concept, which could be great.

The UConn Husky is a great logo that is one of the most recognizable in all of the NCAA. Why get rid of it at all, especially to use a neighboring school's logo? That's incomprehensible.

Some calves on your models might be nice as well... looks a little Invisibile Man without something between the knees and ankles, especially since there's definition to suggest ankles.

i know, i like it somewhat, but not in love with it. with the wolf logo, i just searched for one, liked that one and chose it, id create my own from scratch but dont think i have the skill to quite yet... i just wanted to finish up uconn's uni...for now at least, i may re-do it entirely later

with the calves, i just decided not to have the socks, so deleted that section. i like my shoes:P too many concepts leave that part blank :D

Archived