Redesigning the Big East

HarperK

Being from West Virginia and loving the 'Eers over the Blundering Terds, I think this is a good concept. I wish they would switch something up with the unis. Plus they have one of the worse logos in college sports. I do like what Nike has done for them the past couple of years. Hopefully they will get a new logo.

SC

Keep those couches burnin'!!!!! :evil:

what?! i love WVs logo..its one of those logos that in unique enough, and sleek enough to stand the test of time...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RU ones are your best yet. Very nicely done.

I thought they were a Nike school, though. I may be wrong...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The RU ones are your best yet. Very nicely done.

I thought they were a Nike school, though. I may be wrong...

i really dont know what schools are affiliated w/ nike or reebok or whatever..im just using one at random, it makes the jerseys look for authentic to me

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

i really dont know what schools are affiliated w/ nike or reebok or whatever..im just using one at random, it makes the jerseys look for authentic to me

Good enough, whatever knocks you out. But I promise there are people who are going to call you on it, that's one of the ones I do know (or so I think)... it's still a sweet concept!

EDIT: Jigga says it next after this post, but now that I think about it, minimizing the "R" in favor the knight's helmet would be a great idea. And it would pave the way for the ultimate move - dumping the name Rutgers and going with UNJ... unless Nike drops major $$$ into my home state and builds an athletic factory with bad uniforms before Rutgers can build a decent sports program! :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

okay, heres today's entry: New Jersey State..or also known as Rutgers :D

ru1bk.gif

Oh HELLS yeah! I like this.

My only gripe is that you should reverse the helmet and shoulder logos. That knight is sweet and Rutgers has like 100 "secondary" logos (according to brandsoftheworld.com).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The RU ones are your best yet.  Very nicely done.

I thought they were a Nike school, though.  I may be wrong...

Here...I can kinda help with this :lol:

NIKE SCHOOLS: UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers, Cincinnati, West Virginia

ADIDAS SCHOOLS: Pitt, Louisville

For the life of me, I don't know who South Florida uses, but I know it's not Nike, Reebok, adidas, or Russell...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

The RU ones are your best yet.  Very nicely done.

I thought they were a Nike school, though.  I may be wrong...

Here...I can kinda help with this :lol:

NIKE SCHOOLS: UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers, Cincinnati, West Virginia

ADIDAS SCHOOLS: Pitt, Louisville

For the life of me, I don't know who South Florida uses, but I know it's not Nike, Reebok, adidas, or Russell...

USF uses SportsBelle, and has for as long as I can remember...

QPR%20Sig.png

Good enough, whatever knocks you out. But I promise there are people who are going to call you on it, that's one of the ones I do know (or so I think)... it's still a sweet concept!

EDIT: Jigga says it next after this post, but now that I think about it, minimizing the "R" in favor the knight's helmet would be a great idea. And it would pave the way for the ultimate move - dumping the name Rutgers and going with UNJ... unless Nike drops major $$$ into my home state and builds an athletic factory with bad uniforms before Rutgers can build a decent sports program! :rolleyes:

I like both logos, but I think the R looks better on the helmet. The knight's head isn't instantly recognizable as Rutgers to most of the world, so using the R at least provides some clue. By the way, is there really consideration being given to changing the name to UNJ? As odd as it is, the Rutgers name carries a lot of tradition.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

By the way, is there really consideration being given to changing the name to UNJ? As odd as it is, the Rutgers name carries a lot of tradition.

Only in my fantasies. Growing up in Jersey, it's really sad not having a good college sports program to follow. Our closest big-time football was Penn State and that was 3 hours away. And with a name like "Rutgers: The State University of New Jersey", it always just seemed like it gets forgotten about, and maybe it's because "Rutgers" doesn't sound like "University of ____" or "_____ State U." Since RU never put much effort into their athletics program at the administrative level, and New Jersey annually loses the cream of its high school athletic crop to other states, my hope was that Nike would come in, without pretense, and create UNJ to try and keep some talent in state and give New Jerseyites someone to root for.

2007nleastchamps.png

I'm from Maryland and I think I was 15 before I realized Rutgers was the "State University of New Jersey" and not a private school. When it came to recruiting for football, Penn State was the real University of New Jersey back in the day (maybe less so now, but only somewhat). There's always the Roy Hinson Final Four team for you to look back on.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

...and now USF

usfb6xf.gif

Damn good job. Loving the sleeves. Losing the black is a surprisingly good touch. However, the white helmet thing has gone a wee bit too far...:D

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived