2006 MLB Uniform Patches

Patchez

I could be wrong but I don't think you can have corporate sponsors on a uniform. Even though the Busch Beer logo isn't shown, they still paid for the name.

This is actually incorrect, while the Cardinals use the busch beer logo in the current stadium logo, the ballpark is actually named after August Busch.

The official name of the ballpark is August Adolphus Busch Memorial Stadium.

As far as the patch goes, I do wish the Cardinals would have put busch stadium somewhere on that patch. Its kind of disappointing considereing how awesome their patch is this year for the final season of the current busch.

I know the CURRENT one has the Busch Beer logo, but the new does not. The first one was changed to Busch Stadium when August Busch bought it, a year after he bought the team. The second one was named Civic Center Busch Memorial Stadium, but for what Busch it was in memorial to I'm not sure. I'd imagine the original. The team was sold by the brewery in 1995 and a year later bought the naming rights to the Current Busch Stadium, hense when the logo had the Busch Beer Logo.

The stadium was originally named for August Busch, but now the brewery has naming rights for the last 10 years, and will have them for the next 20 years.

I was refering to the new patch. However, realizing they are wearing the name Busch on the current patch, I'm not sure why. Perhaps because the original name was not for the beer, and since the new one is they can't have the corporate sponsor? I can't imagine any reason why they'd have busch on the Final Season Patch and not on the innagural season patch.

I can't imagine any reason why they'd have busch on the Final Season Patch and not on the innagural season patch.

I would have to agree with you.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

I admit the Jays patch looks good for no other reason than it contains a maple leaf :flagcanada:

I like it because it's mostly that old color (what's it called?? Blue??) rather than graphite and black.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If I remember correctly, when Auggie Busch originally bought the Cards when they played in Sportsmans Park, he wanted to name it Budweiser Park. MLB told him he could not name it after a beer. So he named it Busch Stadium (presumably after himself). Sometime not too long after this he came out with Busch beer. From what I've been told he came out with this beer originally just to spite MLB. I'm not 100% positive on this story. It's just what I remember hearing sometime this season while listening to a Cards game this year. I'm sure if I'm incorrect someone will correct me.

The current Busch Stadium changed its name to Busch Memorial Stadium when the owner August Busch died in the late 80's.

Same with the Mets, they and Houston came in together, so they should also have a 45th. Either that or Houston doesn't need one.

The Astros are celebrating 45 years of baseball in their patch, not the 45th anniversary.

njd.gifnym.gifpats3gr8.jpg

Man, Seattle and Toronto approaching 30 years of age.

I guess I need to quit referring to them as expansion teams.

I'm old.

I hear ya...

I also think of the Seahawks and Buccaneers as expansion teams too...

No disrespect intended, but I have no idea where there is Navy Blue in the Astros patch.

It's REALLY subtle...I even wonder why they bothered, but it's the very thin outline around the outside of the keyline:

HoustonAstros_45thAnniv.jpg

Thank you. All I saw was shadow on the posted patch.

Yeah, you couldn't see it there at all.

I'm actually wondering if that Navy line is a mistake by the graphic designers. It doesn't serve any real purpose.

Thank you.  All I saw was shadow on the posted patch.

Yeah, you couldn't see it there at all.

I'm actually wondering if that Navy line is a mistake by the graphic designers. It doesn't serve any real purpose.

perhaps representing the outline of the white border? i imagine it's a mistake.

does the pantone of the border match up with an old astros pantone blue?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived